3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Hoyt Dorado/ Gamemaster II- rest question  (Read 292 times)

Offline Lehi

• Trad Bowhunter
Hoyt Dorado/ Gamemaster II- rest question
« on: September 11, 2009, 09:55:00 PM »
I really want to try this bow out. My local dealer quoted me $400. I just have 1 question. Hoyt advertises it as a hunting recurve, so can it be effectively used with a grizzly or seal skin type rest and be shot Off the shelf? Or do you need an actual "arrow rest" for the thing?

Any help would be appreciated from whoever has experience or owns one of these bows.

Thanks.

Offline Ybuck

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hoyt Dorado/ Gamemaster II- rest question
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 10:03:00 PM »
Sure. You'll have to "build" the side plate out a bit, because the riser is cut past center.
I ended up putting a rest on mine, and she tuned
excellent. They are great bows, enjoy.
Steve.

Offline ckanous

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2009, 05:32:00 AM »
Many people shoot them w/out a rest. Like Ybuck said you will have to build it out and up some. I use felt pads from Lowes or Home Depot that stick on the bottom of furniture. Hoyt actually gives you some with the bow when you buy it they just don't last long if you shoot it alot. Get that Hoyt you are gonna love it!!

Offline FrozenFew

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2009, 11:04:00 AM »
When I had mine at the archery proshop they found a rest plate for the side that I could actually adjust left and right with a bolt through the  plunger rest hole.  It worked out pretty good for tuning but once I found what I shot best for me I just measured and built the rest out. I should look to see if I can find it.

Offline Lehi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2009, 06:00:00 PM »
Thanks for the replys. Besides the felt pads, what else could I use to "build out" the side?

Offline bmb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2009, 06:32:00 PM »
i use the furniture pads too...they last forever!! i have had one on my most used gamemaster for 3.5 years and still going strong.

you could cut out a piece of oak or maple, put double sided tape on it, put on the riser, and just cover it with whatever sideplate you want. just have to play with the wood thickness...should be about .25" thick

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©