3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: best 3d targets for the money??  (Read 470 times)

Offline jacobsladder

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
best 3d targets for the money??
« on: September 12, 2009, 04:07:00 PM »
I'm looking at putting in a 12 target 3d course on my property ....just for family and friend enjoyment..what would you guys recommend for best bang for the buck.... delta, mckenzie, rhinehart, etc etc..??  Not looking to start any debates, but would like to hear info on experience with different brands...how they hold up to weather and shots.... thanks ahead of time...
TGMM Family of the Bow

"There's a race of men that dont fit in, A race that can't stay still; So they break the hearts of kith and kin, And they roam the world at will"  Robert Service

Offline bretto

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: best 3d targets for the money??
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2009, 04:30:00 PM »
I'm not sure of the cost but the Rhineharts at the last shoot I went to were more lifelike, closer to actual size and a lot easier to pull arrows from than the Mckenzies.

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2009, 04:39:00 PM »
Rhineharts!   :readit:    :saywhat:    :thumbsup:

Offline kadbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2009, 04:44:00 PM »
12 rhineharts will be pricey but based on our clubs targets (which we have converted to all rhineharts) it is the way to go.  They hold up way better to shots and weather, arrows are easier to pull, and they look good.
Colorado Traditional Archers Society
Colorado Bowhunters Association
Grand Mesa Bowmen
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline jacobsladder

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2009, 04:55:00 PM »
any other suggestions? rhineharts will be too expensive, but with  no doubt an awesome target.

how do the mckenze, blueridge, deltas etc compare to each other...?
TGMM Family of the Bow

"There's a race of men that dont fit in, A race that can't stay still; So they break the hearts of kith and kin, And they roam the world at will"  Robert Service

Offline nchunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2009, 05:05:00 PM »
You might consider R&W Targets if price is a concern.  We have a bunch of them in our club.  The arrows are harder to pull than Rinehart (nothing beats Rinehart, IMO - but they are pricey!) but they hold up well to a lot of shooting.

www.randwtargets.com

Offline champ38

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2009, 05:12:00 PM »
Rinehart IMO is going to be hard to beat. Ive owned several of the major brands, and the Rinehart outlasted them all. Ive gotten mine off of E*** for a pretty reasonable price.
56" Shrew Classic Carbon 68@29
58" 2-P Centaur Cabon Elite 57@29

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2009, 05:27:00 PM »
I would just put out hay bales cost almost zip, bio-degradable and last a while. Not as neat as 3-D targets but still have to pic a spot and hit it.Now  with bales you can go from 12 to as many as you can fit on your place. PS; I buy one Delta buck every year.
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline jcar315

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2009, 05:27:00 PM »
Rinehart without a doubt!! They will outlast anything else....and pay for themselves in the process. I add a target here and there when I can afford it.
Proud Dad to two awesome Kids and a very passionate pig hunter.

Right handed but left eye dominant.

Proud to be a Native TEXAN!!!!!

"TGMM  Family of the Bow"

Offline Jim Wright

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2009, 07:12:00 PM »
I finally spent a bit more money on a Rinehart but in 6 wks. shooting it remains in good shape, if I were shooting the "bargain" targets I have used previously, I would probably have a second one just about shot out! The Rineharts are actually a good bit cheaper in the long run in my estimation.

Offline killinstuff

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2009, 04:54:00 AM »
Hey Steve,

Check with McKenzie on their Level 3 pricing (club pricing) because of the number of targets you're going to buy. That's how I get mine, through a friend that has a 30 target course. He'll order 2 or 3 new targets each year and a handful of replacement middles and I have one added in for me. It saves a fair amount of money per taget plus free shipping I think for 3 or more targets. There's also a place out of Brighton that sells used tagets from the big 3-D tounaments. Those targets are used for one tounament and have almost no hits outside the middle section. Not sure of the name of the place but I bet if you seached the web you could fine it.

CJ
lll

Offline sweet old bill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2009, 05:43:00 AM »
Over the years I have used the Delta bucks and now have a total of 18 delta deer on my own course.

The course is made up of 10 2D Spence deer, 18 delta, 2 walking bear, 1 standing bear and 3 turkey.

The delta have held up well.

I would buy 2 or 3 a year, if the kids wanted to get me a xmas present I would get them to go together and get me a new 3D target. One of the local clubs was also going over to all Rinehearts and I got 9 of there targets at 30 dollars each.
you should see how I use to shoot
Sand dune archers Myrtle beach SC
Senior archers of Oneonta NY

Offline barebow17

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2009, 06:31:00 AM »

Offline BigJim

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2009, 07:03:00 AM »
I have a 60 target 3d range at my shop. If I could trade my deltas and Mckenzies in for Rhineharts, I would do it 2 or more to 1. By far the best with the easiest arrow pull. I'm not just saying it because I sell them. I sell them becuase I really like them.

BigJim
http://www.bigjimsbowcompany.com/      
I just try to live my life in a way that would have made my father proud.

Offline James Wrenn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2009, 08:34:00 AM »
R&W makes good targets for the money.We use lots of them.Rhineharts are great for pulling arrows but they are small targets and got too many odd ball scoreing rings.I hate shooting them for score when we go to a shoot that uses them. jmo
....Quality deer management means shooting them before they get tough....

Offline whitebuffalo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2009, 09:37:00 AM »
I don't remember where you got thos little two-D targets Steve but I liked those. I'm not sure how durable they are ,,Looked nice though,,JB
TGMM

Offline jacobsladder

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2009, 10:30:00 AM »
thanks guys!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Paul WA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2009, 11:52:00 AM »
My next one will be a Rhinehart. Does anyone know how they hold up to an occasional BH...PR
"I'm a trophy hunter till something else comes along"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©