3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Yukon Tracks Enforcer Elite Review...  (Read 626 times)

Offline Deadbolt

• Trad Bowhunter
Yukon Tracks Enforcer Elite Review...
« on: September 14, 2009, 10:23:00 AM »
Well I told you guys I would post a review once I was able to hunt out of the blind and play around with it.

Let me first say that it was this blind or the double bull, I just didn't have the money at the time to dump into the double bull, the yukon was half the price.  I will end up buying a double bvull just to test it out one day soon though!

I wanted the newest version without the sippers but I ended up getting the model with the zippers and it was just to late for me to return it b/c it needed to go in the woods so I said the heck with it!

Setup is a breeze...its got 5 hubs and even my little 5 foot 110# girlfriend can open them by herself yet once opened they are extremely sturdy!  Once the hubs are open simply stake/tie it down and your all set.

The window configuration is pretty cool alot of shooting space and they come down pretty low for the really close shots.  Only thing I dont like is the 3 support bars in the shooting windows because in the center they merge to the hub and you cant take a close shot under 10 yards.  But by simply moving over a few inches it opens right up.  But then again I'd guess all hub style blinds will have the support bars in the windows.  Next time I'll spin the blind a 1/4 turn and shoot on the corner where I will only have one support bar and problem solved!

The space is phenominal!  I'm only 5'5" but I can stand up no problem in this thing...I can't shoot standing but hey can't win them all right?  If I were to crouch a little I could shoot standing.  I hunted with my cousin and we had 2 huge chairs and all my gear (he doesn't hunt just watched) and still had a ton of room.  Next week we will be hunting with a third and more gear and I think we will have enough room for a tight 4th if I really wanted.  And thats all with big roomy chairs.

I know alot of you worry about the camo pattern but I honestly dont...its a pretty decent all around pattern that I could see blending well with many surroundings but like I said I dont care much about pattern.

I have to say though I want to hunt out of a blind the rest of my life LOL.  Shoot through mesh is the best thing in the world.  I set it up in my yard and my dogs had no idea I was in there and couldnt see through but I dont hunt dogs so it didn't phase me.  Yesterday int he woods I put it to the test.  First light a bunch of crows landed right in front of the blind...I started waving standing dancing the whole bit and they had no clue I was there.  A few hours later a turkey came by...6 feet fromt he blind!!!  I again waved danced moved everything and she didn't even know I was there!  If I can fool a turkey I can fool anything i am 100% convinced this thing works now!  When we left I had my cousin sit int he blidn while I went outside and I couldn't see him at all.  This thing is amazing!

Im not sure how other shoot through mesh it but I'd guess its the same I do know I love it!

Only downsides I've seens o far are...bars int he window but I think all hub style blinds have it including the double bull.  And if you get sun glare on the shoot through mesh it becomes difficult to see through it clearly.  Solution setup in shady areas, setup under a nice tree, or setup wtih the sun to your back like I did.

All in all a great blind and ther only two faults I have found seem to be faults in all hubs tyle ground blinds with shoot through mesh.  So I'd say I lucked out with this one and finally got a good buy.

The blind has been setup int he woods for 2 months now and has gone through some hellish storms and is still standing.  And a plus no skeeters bothered us in the early season swamp we were in.

Take it for what youw ill but I'd recommend this blind to anyone in a heart beat.  I forgot to take pictures of it yesterday but next week I'll be hutnign out of it again and will try to get some kill shots for ya!

Offline trapperDave

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Yukon Tracks Enforcer Elite Review...
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 10:48:00 AM »
this the one you got?    :D  

Offline Deadbolt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 01:12:00 PM »
no my cammo pattern is a little different.  it alsmot looks like a mix of darker grey/green/brown camo with accents of light yellowish/tan reeds of grass if that makes sense lol

Offline George D. Stout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 05:40:00 PM »
That looks like a hot dog concession.    :bigsmyl:

Offline bmb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 06:34:00 PM »
so what is the measurement from the ground to the mid point of the window? just making sure a short guy like me can sit and shoot. and also does this one have brush holders or ty downs?

Offline horatio1226

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2009, 08:33:00 PM »
What deadbolt said. I got 3 of them hidden around.
I am 6' tall and can shoot while sitting on a 5 gal. pail (with a cushion) and have plenty of room to clear the bottom of the window. Never even gave it any thought until you asked.
"So long as the moon returns to the heavens in a bent, beautiful arc, so long will the fascination with archery in man lasts."

Offline bmb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2009, 09:28:00 PM »
so where did you guys get yours...i need to buy one soon and set it out on our land. season opens oct.15th!!

Offline Deadbolt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2009, 09:59:00 PM »
bmb i got mine on the "auction site" for pretty vheap and had it in 2 days after i ordered it.

Not sure the bottom measurement of the window but I'm a small guy only 5'5" and I can shoot 5 feet in front of the blind off a 5 gallon bucked from mid blind.  There are few guys shorter then me that hunt haha!  Youw ill be fine b/c the bottoms of the windows teardrop so you can get very low shots.

Offline Don Stokes

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2009, 01:01:00 PM »
Mine is the regular Enforcer, not the Elite, and I have trouble clearing the bottom of the windows from a lawn chair. The Elite is much better. I'll have one before next season. Also $100 more!
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.- Ben Franklin

Offline Deadbolt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2009, 01:10:00 PM »
Originally posted by Don Stokes:
Mine is the regular Enforcer, not the Elite, and I have trouble clearing the bottom of the windows from a lawn chair. The Elite is much better. I'll have one before next season. Also $100 more!
All in all though its pretty cheap compared to some others out there.  Not to mention that extra $100 could get you an animal closer...can't shoot nuttin from the original if its to close heh.

Offline trapperDave

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2009, 01:36:00 PM »
my elite was 155 to my door

Offline trapperDave

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2009, 01:37:00 PM »
ooops, forgot, yes it has brush loops

Offline Big_Al

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2009, 01:57:00 PM »
I sold my Enforcer to get an Elite, definitely money well spent.  However, I think they went to a new type of camo (adrenaline?) this spring and bumped the price up another 100$ or so.  I don'tthink they'll be making the regular enforcers anymore, only the elites.  Still a great blind, but not as great a deal as they were in previous years.  I personally don't think the new camo pattern is worth that kind of $ increase.
"And that, my friends, is the minority vote."  -Bill the Butcher

Offline Deadbolt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2009, 07:44:00 PM »
Yes this spring they switched to a new camo and it works fine.

The price is no longer 150...I'm sure if you really shopped around you could but I paid $202 but I could have gone cheaper had I not been looking for a certain version.  You can get em from $175-$200 no problem.

Offline Bennyp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2010, 04:28:00 PM »
I just bought an enforcer elite yesterday at "the country store" online. Talk to Kathy. $150 in adrenaline
The hardest way to do it is usually the right way to do it.

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2010, 04:46:00 PM »
I just bought 2 more Ameristep Penthouses.  Quite a bit bigger, no brace in the window, still around $150 shipped.

Offline koger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2010, 09:19:00 PM »
I just got my 2nd Yukon tracks enforcer, not the elite. Like deadbolt said, I aim the corner of the blind out front,and unzipe a window on each side. If you need a lower window, just put on some iron one reinforcing and cut out a new window lower, make a horshoe cut, leave the bottom solid, or reverse and pull the material up, secure with a clothes pin off the line, make about a 10"x14" opening, was shooting out of mine tonight like this, using a double bull magnum 3 leg chair, was shooting dots at 20 yards. Using this method or a similar one, negates any negatives about windows. I have cut a horsehoe, put 2 buttons sewn on the corners you are going to lift up, and when leaving them dow, have another button sewn beside them,about 4 inches away, and strecth a rubber banc or small bunjee cord to keep them taught, works and cheap!!YOu can buy 3 of these for what one double bull costs. Also, they dont reflect UV light, alot ofblinds, right at daybreak and dusk, seem to just glow when reflectin UV light, have seen this from other blinds I have had. Not these, none whatsoever. I have no complaints whatsoever.
samuel koger

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©