3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: NY Hunters - Oct 24-25 in the Catskills  (Read 2260 times)

Offline Jeremy

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: NY Hunters - Oct 24-25 in the Catskills
« Reply #100 on: October 14, 2009, 08:44:00 PM »
Let us know Jamie!

Just got a report from Dad.  The lean-to is in good shape.  The apples near the site (a little over 1/4 mile) are good, but there's not a whole lot of tracks going into them.  He hasn't checked out the stand of oaks nearby, but nothing else in the area is producing, so if they are...

There's an area ~1mile from the site with lots of apples that's all tore up with tracks though.

He'll do some more poking around in between rain drops and we'll figure out if we should use the lean-to or if it makes more sense to camp just off one of the roads.
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->
CT CE/FS Chief Instructor
"Death is not the greatest loss in life.  The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live." - Norman Cousins

Offline Jeremy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #101 on: October 14, 2009, 10:45:00 PM »
You still in Izzy?

How 'bout you Greg?  I'm not sure we met at Shawn's in Feb?  I had to leave unexpectedly just as the hunt got started Saturday, though I did get my catch and release rabbit  :)
"Death is not the greatest loss in life.  The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live." - Norman Cousins

Offline Jeremy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #102 on: October 15, 2009, 05:34:00 PM »
ttt

It's snowing here in CT??  In October?  ~3/4" on the ground and no signs of stopping!

Offline Aram

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #103 on: October 15, 2009, 06:29:00 PM »
Will travel for good sign. It's snowing here too. I heard 3 to 6 inches for the Catskills.    :scared:

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #104 on: October 15, 2009, 08:37:00 PM »
Still no word on whether or not I will make it. Yet another situation arose which may bar my attendance. Im hoping against hope and will let everyone know as soon as I do.

Good luck this Saturday everyone.
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline sweet old bill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #105 on: October 16, 2009, 06:13:00 AM »
good luck to all and hope you get a buck or two...I read this and for the life of me can not find were you are going to camp and or meet. I am in Oneonta NY are you guys going to try to camp off of rt 17 in the mountains or where..

Bill
you should see how I use to shoot
Sand dune archers Myrtle beach SC
Senior archers of Oneonta NY

Offline Jeremy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #106 on: October 16, 2009, 08:04:00 AM »
Bill, we'll be between Downsville and Roscoe in the area just to the west of Rt 206 and south of the Pepacton Reservoir and Rt 30.  I doubt anyone is going to trek down as far as Rt 17, but the trails do go down that far.
It would take you about 45-50 minutes to get to my Dad's house and then another 10 or so to get to where we'll be hunting.

Offline Aram

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #107 on: October 16, 2009, 09:46:00 PM »
Good luck all tomorrow!
Bill, common down. It's north of rt. 17 (but closer to 17 than to Oneonta.) Would love to meet you.

Offline Lone archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #108 on: October 16, 2009, 09:53:00 PM »
Jeremy,

I owned a place off Rt206 just pass Jug Tavern Rd on Brock MTn. Use to be great hunting but haven't been up that way in years.

Rob

Offline Aram

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #109 on: October 17, 2009, 07:22:00 PM »
I think we just lost  Jamie
Really happy for him too.

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #110 on: October 17, 2009, 08:06:00 PM »
Still not sure Aram...besides...I have an antlerless tag, and turkey tags...and a bear tag.   :D  I should know more by Tuesday.
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline Jeremy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #111 on: October 19, 2009, 09:17:00 AM »
I'll send out an email tonight or tomorrow with directions. Getting close now!!

Rob, that's the general area we'll be in.

Offline Aram

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #112 on: October 19, 2009, 07:01:00 PM »
Looking forward to it.

Offline Jeremy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #113 on: October 20, 2009, 04:25:00 PM »
Broadheads are sharp and I'm about half packed.  I'm also still down with the flu (day 4 and counting)!

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #114 on: October 20, 2009, 07:44:00 PM »
Doesnt look like I can make it. Some issues have come up that trump hunting with a great bunch in a great place. I hope there will be lots of pics, lots of smiles and maybe a blood trail or two.

Best of luck guys! Im real sorry I cant make it...
if I play my cards right I might be able to get out locally on saturday.

I really was looking forward to it too! If anyone needs to borrow a pack, sleeping bag or sleeping mat, let me know. Sigh.
                         -Jamie

Offline Jeremy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #115 on: October 20, 2009, 09:13:00 PM »
Sorry you can't make it Jamie!

My son (he just turned 2) overheard my wife and I talking about the plans and who's coming... he got all excited that his daddy was going camping with "Roo" the kangaroo LOL!  I didn't have the heart to correct him  :)

I had a proud daddy moment yesterday too... he told me he wanted to go hunting.  I asked him what he wanted to hunt and he tells me, "deer.  And a turkey.  Maybe a rabbit."  My wife asked what he was going to do when he caught them. "Run." LOL!

Offline Lone archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #116 on: October 20, 2009, 10:03:00 PM »
Jeremy,

Are you hiking up the Blue chip trail off of 206?

Offline Jeremy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #117 on: October 21, 2009, 09:03:00 AM »
Rob,
The trail has a name?   :)    The lean-to is on the trail on Campbell Mtn.  I need to confirm with dad today that it makes sense to camp there rather than somewhere else where there's more sign.  In either case, we'll probably be parking at the trail head on Campbell Mtn Rd rather than on 206.  Are you thinking of coming down?   :)  

Who else is thinking of joining us?  I'll be getting out there early Friday afternoon and set up camp.  I think Aram is coming out later Friday?  

I'll get an email sent out in a bit with directions to dad's place and some info.

Offline Jeremy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #118 on: October 21, 2009, 09:59:00 AM »
Just got off the phone with dad.  I think it makes more sense to camp closer to where the sign is abundant, so it'll just be a short 150-300 ft walk from the trucks to the campsite.  Dad's going to pick out a sight this afternoon and do some more scouting (OK, and hopefully put an arrow in something).

Offline Jeremy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #119 on: October 21, 2009, 11:01:00 AM »
I sent a few emails through TradGang to some of you who expressed interest.  To those who I had an actual email address I sent out directions and a topo map of the area.  Please let me know if you're coming  :)

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©