3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Most Unique Set-Up  (Read 537 times)

Offline knobbymag

• Trad Bowhunter
Most Unique Set-Up
« on: September 16, 2009, 04:39:00 PM »
I was wondering what the most unique set-up y'all have used or seen used by someone else? I'm most interested in the ones used successfully and religiously. Jus looking for the best in human ingenuity by need or jus being different.

Offline joevan125

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Most Unique Set-Up
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 04:56:00 PM »
Set-up?  :confused:
Joe Van Kilpatrick

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009, 07:09:00 PM »
This one always works:

Pick out someone with whom you can get into a heated discussion. While discussing, have one of your buddies sneak up behind the other guy and hunker down behind his knees. Give the fella a shove in the chest.

Lots of laffs, every time!   :wavey:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline NorthernCaliforniaHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2009, 07:24:00 PM »
Oh Killy!

LOL!   :biglaugh:  

I like taping the little kitchen sink hose attachment thingy open with a little scotch tape. Point it right at where one's crotch will be when they flip the faucet on. God that kills me!

:jumper:
"...there are no words that can tell the hidden spirit of the wilderness, that can reveal its mystery, it's melancholy, and its charm." Theodore Roosevelt

Find me at ShareTheBounty

Offline manny718

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Beauty is the making one of opposites.
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2009, 07:53:00 PM »
Fake winner scratch off for 10,000.At any majic store.
Almost got killed by the wife.
Beauty is the making one of opposites.

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2009, 07:54:00 PM »
You ever point at somebody's shirt and say there is something on it and when they look down you flick them on the nose?????!!!!

Slap yo' thigh funny!!!
Killdeer   :bigsmyl:

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline knobbymag

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2009, 08:28:00 PM »
Joe, I was looking for pretty much anything for bowhunting or target shooting. Ex. I know a guy who swears by a finishing nail as a rest. Although no one else would ever do that to their bow, he does. I remember seeing a picture of a man with several elk that he had killed over a few years with cedars out of a compound. I thought that was pretty unique....Those kind of set-ups.

Online Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2009, 08:32:00 PM »
My brother "took a stand" in an open chopper boxed hay wagon.  It had three high wood sides but was open in the back.  Deer were feeding in the middle of a large field where the wagon was located.   He got a shot, but missed.

Offline George D. Stout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2009, 09:12:00 PM »
Orion, I hope your brother is off the wagon now.
  ;)    :rolleyes:

Offline SlowBowke

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2009, 09:33:00 PM »
This is NOT a joke and worth sharing.

Know how some guys have "lucky" hats? shirts? arrows?

This guy I know had a brother that started shooting and he found an old wood handled Wart Hog compound (if I recall right)and needed arrows.

I dont recall the weight or let off but it was an OLD bow. Not even close to center shot.

A buddy and I got together a bunch of arrows and when he showed up he started blazing away with them.

Contrary to "popular" belief, wood arrow will shoot just fine out of a compound and he ended up choosing a half dozen from our pile. None of the aluminums we had from years ago would fly for diddle and he wasnt interested in ordering the right spine ones.

We talked to his brother later on about if he was still shooting and he told us that he was mad cause he had broken the arrow that he always shot perfect with but was still shooting.

A few months later we find out that he indeed went hunting and in fact, had arrowed a nice adult doe.

Low and behold, the photo showed his "lucky" arrow in the photo, duct taped together and bloody.

:saywhat:
"Beauty is in the eye of the BOWholder" God Bless!!

Offline Mo. Huntin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2009, 09:40:00 PM »
I am a big fan of the crouch and shove also.

Offline boznarras

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2009, 09:49:00 PM »
How bout the old saran wrap across the toilet trick?

Offline knobbymag

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2009, 09:50:00 PM »
You mean he killed a deer with an arrow duct taped together? AMAZING!!!!

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2009, 05:34:00 AM »
Men and duct tape...   :rolleyes:

I did the Saran wrap one once. Got chastised severely.  
It was a good job of it, though.   :D
Killdeer

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Mo. Huntin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2009, 05:55:00 AM »
I got one.  Let your buddy get 2 beers down him then knife a hole 1" below the top on his 3rd and watch.  It usually takes them 2 times to figure it out.  I guess I don't know any unusual bow hunting set ups.

Offline john luka

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2009, 08:03:00 AM »
My first trip bowhunting was with with my father and 3 or 4 of his childhood friends.We went to the area of WI. that they had all grown up in.
   I should have been a little wary when this crew told me of an awesome treestand that I could hunt about a half hours walk from the place they would drop me off on the road.I could easily drag my buck out and meet them later,
  So I was really proud when I finally found that stand and I can remember admiring the great care that these guys had used to assemble it,no shortcuts ,here it was large and really built to last..Well they had said that there was a house behind the stand and after the commotion of the family waking and starting their day the area would settle down and the bucks be lined up for my choosing.
  Commotion was the perfect word to describe the situation  when the farmer looked out his kitchen window ,coffee in hand , and saw all six foot three of me sitting in his favorite tree stand behind his barn .This is the only occasion in my life of being pursued by a big green tractor!
 Back in 1974 people were a little more tolerant of errant bowhunters so after a good talking too he let me go and in fact I did see a lot of nice deer as I plodded off through the woods...John

Offline SlowBowke

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2009, 08:10:00 AM »
On the mean trick side.......back in my drinking days I was known to carry a couple juicy habanero or halepeno peppers around in a baggie in my jacket.

It's quite humorous to watch someone keep drinking from the beer bottle that has the pepper rubbed all over it "cause his lips are on fire!"

My bad?  hehehehe
"Beauty is in the eye of the BOWholder" God Bless!!

Offline D.Sheppard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2009, 09:20:00 AM »
It's always funny till someone looses an eye !
"We're just a bunch of part time amateur hunters giving chase to full time professional animals."

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2009, 09:22:00 AM »
Uncle Barry taught me this- POTATOES are a DEADLY bear bait!

Just ask him!!!!
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline NorthernCaliforniaHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2009, 11:18:00 AM »
Oh lord these are good. I used the cling wrap on the toilete seat trick too... once.
I was in the fire service and the women at the station had their own bathroom. One day the engine with the only lady on duty that day left the fire house. I put the cling wrap on the toilet, dropped the seat and unscrewed the light bulb in the stall. The screams at 2 a.m. when she returned relayed the success, so did the fact that I had kitchen duty for the next three weeks (did I mention she was a captain?)

One of my other favorites is tuna fish in a zip lock bag placed under the drivers seat. Takes a few days to start smelling and gives you one heck of a leed run, especially if we're talking about guests that are returning to a far away place. Ahhh....
"...there are no words that can tell the hidden spirit of the wilderness, that can reveal its mystery, it's melancholy, and its charm." Theodore Roosevelt

Find me at ShareTheBounty

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©