3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: New Black Swan ILF Limbs  (Read 2675 times)

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: New Black Swan ILF Limbs
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2009, 09:06:00 PM »
The limbs can go on any other ILF riser with the addition of the dovetail or on a DAS riser with the bushing added.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2009, 09:12:00 PM »
The one feature I really like is you can swap the limb bolts out and mount the standard Swan limbs to the riser.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Divinecedar

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2009, 12:49:00 AM »
That rig is so sweet! This is my dream bow! Maybe one day...

:archer:

Offline James Wrenn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2009, 05:33:00 AM »
I would like to see it with a set of ilf limbs on it.Looks like they just used a regular pin as a Gamemaster riser.Can't see how it is adjustable?With the length and if it makes a 56" bow with medium limbs it is pushing safty limits on normal ilf limbs it a lot.Gaining 7lbs over a DAS riser is over stressing ilf limbs to the point you are asking for trouble.jmo

Looks nice but certainly not a riser I would consider an ilf riser at all. Just because you can bolt some limbs on a riser does not make it an ilf riser.jmho
....Quality deer management means shooting them before they get tough....

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2009, 07:34:00 AM »
I'll set-up some W&W limbs for it later and take some pics. After shooting Arvid's new limbs on it, I really would shoot anyone else's for myself on it anyways, but the option is there for some one if they wanted to. His limbs can be set-up for other risers though and if you have a different riser these would make great limbs for it.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Lenny Stankowitz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2009, 08:23:00 AM »
Originally posted by James Wrenn:
I would like to see it with a set of ilf limbs on it.Looks like they just used a regular pin as a Gamemaster riser.Can't see how it is adjustable?With the length and if it makes a 56" bow with medium limbs it is pushing safty limits on normal ilf limbs it a lot.Gaining 7lbs over a DAS riser is over stressing ilf limbs to the point you are asking for trouble.jmo

Looks nice but certainly not a riser I would consider an ilf riser at all. Just because you can bolt some limbs on a riser does not make it an ilf riser.jmho
Not sure about the safety limits but I agree on the ILF thing.  The dovetail is what MAKES it International Limb Fitting. If you remove the dovetail, isn't it just a three piece takedown?

Can you explain how you adjust the tiller or weight on the bow you have pictured?  Also, what's the brace height on it.

Nice looking bow even if it isn't ILF.

Offline R H Clark

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2009, 08:31:00 AM »
Maby Arvid will offer a standard ILF dove tail riser also,hint,hint.  :D  

I do like the idea of mounting a set of Arvid's carbon ceramic longbow limbs on my DAS.

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2009, 08:52:00 AM »
You turn the limb bolts out just like a regular ILF. I don't foresee Arvid making a regular ILF riser, there are more than enough of those available.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Lenny Stankowitz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2009, 11:14:00 AM »
Originally posted by vermonster13:
You turn the limb bolts out just like a regular ILF.
Wow, are you sure that would be safe?  How would that be any different that backing the limb bolt out on any three piece takedown like the Gamemaster or Dorado or any takedown that uses a limb bolt and a pin.  Not sure I'd like to try that.

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2009, 02:31:00 PM »
I know it's safe, I wouldn't say so otherwise. I would think you and some others here would know such about me by now.

The limb doesn't pivot on the pin like it does on the ILF dovetail, the pin is just used for centering the limb. The end of the riser is where the limb pivots, the riser ends are longer on these and support the limb across the end completely as opposed to one small point. Makes for a lot less extra noise also.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline James Wrenn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2009, 03:07:00 PM »
Wow, are you sure that would be safe? How would that be any different that backing the limb bolt out on any three piece takedown like the Gamemaster or Dorado or any takedown that uses a limb bolt and a pin. Not sure I'd like to try that.  
It would be just like backing off the bolt on a Gamemaster.  :scared:  You better stick with BS limbs on this one or we will be reading about some mishaps in the future.jmho
....Quality deer management means shooting them before they get tough....

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2009, 03:52:00 PM »
I had a nice long talk with Arvid. He is going to sell ILF limbs but not the risers as ILF. So you can get Hybrid, Curve or Longbow limbs from him for whatever brand riser you currently own. Contact him for more information.

The riser with these limbs is going to be the Black Swan ATL (Adjustable Tiller Limb) the riser is only for use with Black Swan limbs.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2009, 09:22:00 PM »
TTT with update.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2009, 12:29:00 AM »
David,

So I could use a set of the Black Swan limbs with my Morrison Mini-14 riser, and Arvid could set them up with the compatible hardware? What is the shortest length of limb that would work well with my 29 1/2" draw length, and what poundage difference would there be between what Arvid would mark them and what they would be on the Mini-14 riser (assuming I wanted about a 50 to 55 pound draw weight)? Those limbs sound really interesting. How much of just the limbs?

Allan
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline GRINCH

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2009, 03:35:00 AM »
how much for the limbs
TGMM Family of The Bow,
USN 1973-1995

Offline S. Brant Osborn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2009, 09:32:00 AM »
I have not shot this new bow or the new foam limbs, I am impressed with the bow I bought from the discount adds in the sponsers classifieds and can say that this new bow will be on my short list when I am ready for another.

There are some that will not like the style of riser or it's conecting system.  If Arvid is making the limbs with the compatible hardware for the riser you want, I bet you will be impressed with the performance of his limbs.
"I'm the proud son of a Vietnam Vet and proud to be Made in America!"

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2009, 10:00:00 AM »
You will need to speak to Arvid for final details to get the limbs set-up for want you want. Price is $650 delivered for a set of the ILF limbs.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline HATCHCHASER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2009, 10:21:00 AM »
Looks good David.  Thanks for the info.  :thumbsup:
It's not the arrival, it's the journey.

Offline Lenny Stankowitz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2009, 11:22:00 AM »
Originally posted by vermonster13:
I know it's safe, I wouldn't say so otherwise. I would think you and some others here would know such about me by now.

The limb doesn't pivot on the pin like it does on the ILF dovetail, the pin is just used for centering the limb. The end of the riser is where the limb pivots, the riser ends are longer on these and support the limb across the end completely as opposed to one small point. Makes for a lot less extra noise also.
Sorry, but if you back out that limb bolt, the limb WILL pivot on the pin.  If the pivot point is further up the limb as you describe, that would be even worse.  If the pivot point IS beyond the pin, when the limb bolt is backed out, the limb will be lifted between the bolt and the pivot point, therefore lifting the limb slightly off the pin.  

Dangerous to say the least.  

The ILF dovetail is designed to hold the limb in place when the limbs return to brace upon release, not just center it.  Without the dovetail, the limb bolt needs to be tight to keep the limb from jumping off the pin.  The DAS "pin" is threaded, therefore eliminating this possibility.  Thats why it was designed that way.

Very nice design, just not "adjustable" in that configuration.

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2009, 11:28:00 AM »
Bob Morrison tells me that he sometimes backs off the bolts on his non-ILF bows to accomplish the same thing as the ILF bows do and there is no problem, so that would tend to support what David is saying. I cannot imagine Arvid designing an unsafe bow!

Allan
TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©