3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Grizzlystiks woodie mislabeled?  (Read 373 times)

Offline Shleprock

• Trad Bowhunter
Grizzlystiks woodie mislabeled?
« on: September 17, 2009, 09:02:00 PM »
Just curious has anyone had trouble tuning broadheads with these?
Kota5-----                                    "The arrow has always been a keen thought and the bow always an expresion of hope. By these means freed thoughts fly." Dean Torges

Offline ranger 3

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Grizzlystiks woodie mislabeled?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 09:52:00 PM »
Yes I have some 500 and I can't tune them with field tips so I haven't tried BH's
Black widow PLX 48@28
Black widow PSRX 48@28

Offline Shleprock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 06:45:00 AM »
ttt
Kota5-----                                    "The arrow has always been a keen thought and the bow always an expresion of hope. By these means freed thoughts fly." Dean Torges

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 07:29:00 AM »
Try a BUNCH of tip weight. That was the only way I could get OK results. I shoot 60#(+)@30" they will be for sale on the classifieds soon.
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.”
~ Francis Chan

Offline MikeS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2009, 07:57:00 AM »
I have some 600's that I shoot out of a 47@28lb. Bob Lee Signature.  My arrows are cut to 28".  I use 125gr. field tips.  These arrows fly absolutely straight for me.  Acutally, I only pull 27" so the poundage I am shooting is probably about 44lbs.  I tried Bear heads on them the other day and also 125gr. Razorcaps.  These combinations flew absolutely perfect!

Offline Paul Mattson

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2009, 09:16:00 AM »
Most of the Woodies were miss-labeled.   This is why they were discountinued.  When they first came out I got some that were labeled correctly.  They are a flat shooting heavy arrow.  

If you can, check the spine on a spine tester.  Use 28" centers.  This will give you the correct spine.

Offline Michael Arnette

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2009, 10:18:00 AM »
I got some woodies that were miss labeled. I spined them and it was scary. They were so bad that alaska bowhunting took the loss instead of selling them. I got them from a dealer that alaska bowhunting supply basically gave them to. If alaska bowhunting supply does anoher lot I will try some as the weight would be great with my draw weights.

Offline Nakohe

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2009, 12:02:00 PM »
I have some I got from Badger Arrow and they are great. I wish I had more. They are 500's and I shoot them out of my 53# Blacktail.
"Then Peter said unto them. Repent all of you and be baptized in the Name of Jesus for remission of sins and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Acts 2:38

TGMM Family Of The Bow
Life Member T. B. O. T.
SGT. U.S.A.F. '72-'76
Life Member NRA

Offline maineac

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2009, 02:57:00 PM »
I have some 500's I got off the classifieds here ttat I shoot out of my bow at about 53#.  They were cut to 28.25".  I go them to tune using a field tip kit from 3 rivers.  They ended up with 175 grain heads.  I have shot several nocks off shooting a combo of woodsmans and field tips out to about 20 yards.  When i got my 65# limbs I ordered some of te 600's from the company who was selling them.  They tuned out with the same 175 grain heads at 28".
The season gave him perfect mornings, hunter's moons and fields of freedom found only by walking them with a predator's stride.
                                                              Robert Holthouser

Offline LoneWolf73

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2009, 05:11:00 PM »
I have a few dozens left, 600,500,400 both Banshee and Woodies. Yes, mismarked parallel shafts. Heard good and bad stories but like any arrow tuning, it is a science project with all the variables. If you are a good scientist you can make any arrow fly good. LOL. PM me if you are interested they are a good deal the best price I know of. Plus heavy carbon arrows will be more and more popular as time goes on.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways-BOW in one hand-ARROWS in the other-Body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming-WOO HOO! WHAT A RIDE!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©