3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: MI Early Doe Season  (Read 957 times)

Offline JSimon

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: MI Early Doe Season
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2009, 10:41:00 PM »
Congrats Denny! Went out a few times this weekend. The private land I hunt on is small and some distant relatives were blazing away all weekend which lead me to hunt a fence row tonight away from the woods on the edge of the corn and hay field. Took a walk on Friday afternoon hoping to hunt a different area with the tree saddle and found one gut pile and a dead gut shot doe laying in a wide open hay field about 100 yards from the road in plain site. I assume they shot it on Thursday cause it was already stinkin. Apparently they didn't feel like recovering that one.....certainly gets discouraging each year.

I did have a basket 8pt come into about 5 yards while on the ground tonight which was cool. He came unglued when he poked his head out of the grass and saw me crouched next to the fence row. Also saw a coyote walking down the edge of the corn. He came within about 50 yards but didn't make the turn down the fence row I was holed up in. I mouth squeaked several times but he never looked. Man, I would love to get a coyote with the recurve. Had a fawn walk right up to me in the dark on the way out as well. It kept pacing back and forth trying to smell me. I was pretty happy with those sightings tonight after the carnage I saw on Friday.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©