3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bohning Fletching jig frustration  (Read 423 times)

Offline T Folts

• Trad Bowhunter
Bohning Fletching jig frustration
« on: September 20, 2009, 08:51:00 AM »
I just bought a left wing Bohning jig and I cant seem to get the feathers to line up on the arrow (carbon) and have a off set. If I set it up straight its fine but the jig just wont line up to off set. Am I doing something wrong or should I just take it back and get something different. I have a old martin right wing and I can set this one up without a problem.
Help
Terry
US ARMY 1984-1988

Offline Mocsin1

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bohning Fletching jig frustration
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2009, 11:30:00 AM »
I bought the same jig and had the same problem. I ended up cutting some of the plastic off the base under where the clamp sets. But what I should have done and what I ended up doing is buying a JO-JAN instead. Never could get the results that I wanted with the Bohning. Like you said works great if you want straight but not helical. I  would recommend getting a JO-Jan. I heard the Blitz were good but I don't think you can get the twist that you can with a JO-JAN and the Blitz is more expenseive. Just my recommandation and opion.

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2009, 12:01:00 PM »
I had the same problem with carbons on that jig. I bought a bunch of right wing feathers with a right wing clamp and it worked fine. Don't know why, but it did.

I'll second the jo-jan also. I know two different guys that have it and love them. I just need some cash before I get one.

Also, make sure you clean those arrows with denatured alcohol before you fletch them or the fletching won't last long. That tip is from experience.  :knothead:  

-Charlie

Offline Ragnarok Forge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2009, 02:40:00 PM »
Bite the bullet and spend the bucks on a Bitzenerger.  Fully adjustable so it works with any arrow that you want to use.  I love mine.

Clay
Clay Walker
Skill is not born into anyone.  It is earned thru hard work and perseverance.

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2009, 03:12:00 PM »
Yes, take it back and get a Bitzenberger! Your troubles will be over.

Offline onewhohasfun

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2009, 03:31:00 PM »
Terry,have a Jo-Jan multi-fletch, LW helical. It does 3 or 4 fletch. You can try it out if you like. pm sent
Tom

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©