3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: need some help if possible  (Read 610 times)

Offline robk

• Trad Bowhunter
need some help if possible
« on: September 20, 2009, 04:15:00 PM »
my name is rob kinney and i am a 100% disabled vietnam vet going on a hunt in december and could use some help. whether it is broadheads or an arm guard or anything you might think of to help me on this hunt of a lifetime. i am goig to be hunting in hamilton county illinois for my hunt and will hunting out of a blind. if you have some 125 gr heads magnus or whatever i would be greatful. thanks for your time. it has been a long time since i have been on but i have had some medical problems which have slowed me down a bit
thanks for your time and god bless
rob k
acf
uffda
zona bow staff
magnus broadheads

Offline blind one

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: need some help if possible
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2009, 04:25:00 PM »
Rob,
I some magnus 2 blade that weigh 115 grains you can have. I have some tabs that I dont need also if you shoot RH. Do you need any arrows? If so what size? I have a bunch of aluminum and might have what you need...Let me know...Roy
"To die is nothing. One is here, One is no longer here. It is only at the end one must be able to say 'I was a man'"...

Offline onewhohasfun

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2009, 04:41:00 PM »
Hey Rob, you are a lucky man to be hunting Illinois. I have some Zwickey deltas, some eskimos, or  some big magnus you are welcome too.Do you need screw on adapters?  Armguard and glove also. Please be more specific as to your needs and don't be shy, we are here to help.
Tom

Offline twotimer

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2009, 06:26:00 PM »
i'v got zwickey,2 and 4 blade,mangus 2 blade,snuffer 3 blade,and about any spined aluminum arrow you need,plus a number of different length new flemish strings,a few extra gloves,you call,i'l haul a$$ to the post office.robert  :thumbsup:    :notworthy:    :campfire:    :coffee:
'TGMM FAMILY of THE BOW"at 211 degrees water is hot.at 212 it boils and cause's steam,which can run a locomotive.is it worth that one extra ounce of effort to finish first,the difference between good and great?

Offline blind one

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2009, 07:21:00 PM »
Rob, I just put some 2117's up for a giveaway. If you need them let me know and they are yours...Roy
"To die is nothing. One is here, One is no longer here. It is only at the end one must be able to say 'I was a man'"...

Offline robhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2009, 07:41:00 PM »
Rob, I got some magnus 125 screw in heads if you need. PM me  Robert

Offline Sharpster

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2009, 07:36:00 AM »
Rob,

I have Grizzly and Tusker Concord Single bevel BHDs in the weight range you're looking for and I'll even sharpen them for you. If you prefer double bevel, I'll sharpen any of the heads mentioned in the above posts (or any others) if the donor will send them to me for you. Are you shooting wood, aluminum or carbon shafts? I'll also intall/spin-test the adapters if you need them.

Let me know,

Ron
800 561-4339
“We choose to do these things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard” — JFK

www.kmesharp.com

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline robk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2009, 04:23:00 PM »
thank you all for your offer to help. i am a very lucky guy as i got this hunt of a lifetime from disabled sportsmen of america and i am looking forward to december getting here asap lol. i have been very fortunate and need to thank bill griffen who has built me a 3 piece longbow a 500 dollar bow and gave it to me. that doesn't happen to often but i owe it to him to try and get somethng down when i get to illinois. if anyone is looking for a great bow give bill a shout at
 www.zonabows.com.  if i knew how to do it i would put some pics of my bow for you guys
thanks again for everything as this will be my frist try with traditional archery to take a deer. i am very excited about this adventure
god bless
rob k
acf
uffda
zona bow staff
magnus broadheads

Offline KHALVERSON

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2009, 05:32:00 PM »
rob
pm sent
kevin

Offline robk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2009, 07:22:00 PM »
thanks to everyone i just found out my bow will be here by the first of next week and it is 44lbs @ 28" draw. the bow is beautiful and i will try to learn how to put pics on the site. if anyone can help i would appreciate it. bill did a great job and i am looking forward to putting all your help into my hunt this december
god bless
rob k
acf
uffda
zona bow staff
magnus broadheads

Offline Bowferd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2009, 12:19:00 AM »
Here is a pic robk sent of his new bow on the way. Great looking bow!!!! Good luck Rob.
Been There, Done That, Still Plowin.
Cane and Magnolia tend to make good arrow.
Hike naked in the backwoods.

Offline robk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2009, 09:15:00 PM »
hey all i finally got confirmation on my hunt. it will be from jan 4th to the 8th of jan. my dad and i will be heading out jan 2nd and stop over night then make our way to hamilton county outfitters on the 3rd so we will be rested and ready to do some hunting. my pop went to the ducks unlimited banquet last fall and drug me along and we won a fishing trip and spent this morning chasing strippers catfish and even a large mouth bass. we hit the water at 7 am and were back limited out before 10am, not bad for a cripple and an 82 year old lol. without my dad i wouldn't get to go hunting as i am on a cane and he does the work carrying things for the blind. he became my hunting partner after my mom died in 2000. we don't have big place only 20 acres that my sister and her husband have so this trip to hamilton county is like going out of country for us and i know will be a great time whether i get a big buck or not. the people putting on the hunt greg and jackie are amazing people. when the hunt happens i promise will have some pics whether i am successful in the field or not.
again thanks to everyone for stepping up and helping out i am very blessed
i am glad you like the bow ferd he make some great looking bows and i have shot one before and it was quieter and smoother than any compound i ever shot when i could shoot one lol
god bless
rob k
bowferd i sent another pic of my bow.
acf
uffda
zona bow staff
magnus broadheads

Offline Mr.Vic

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2009, 09:21:00 PM »
good luck Robk shoot straight  :thumbsup:
“I am glad I will not be young in a future without wilderness.”
― Aldo Leopold

Offline Fletcher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2009, 10:22:00 PM »
Rob, how are you fixed for arrows?  I know where Hamilton Co. is.
Good judgement comes from experience.  Experience comes from bad judgement.

"The next best thing to playing and winning is playing and losing."

"An archer doesn't have to be a bowhunter, but a bowhunter should be an archer."

Offline JEFF B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2009, 10:55:00 PM »
if ya want some 125grn heads i have some that i would send ya no problem just let me know.
'' sometimes i wake up Grumpy;
other times i let her sleep"

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Offline straitera

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2009, 11:22:00 PM »
Beautiful bow. What are you using for a quiver? Why don't you list the things you still need? Thanks for your service brother.
Buddy Bell

Trad is 60% mental & about 40% mental.

Offline KHALVERSON

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2009, 04:32:00 PM »
bttt

Offline twotimer

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2009, 07:04:00 PM »
guys,i'm gointg to send rob 1/2 dozen new 1914 x7 eclipse arrows,cut 28.5,fletched ready to shoot,a shooting glove,and some 2 blade mangus screw in,125 grain,and a couple of 4 blade zwikey screw in.i think the 1914s should shoot out of that 44# bow.anybody got any other opinion on a different aluminum spine let me know,i have several others.regards,robert  :thumbsup:    :campfire:    :archer:    :coffee:
'TGMM FAMILY of THE BOW"at 211 degrees water is hot.at 212 it boils and cause's steam,which can run a locomotive.is it worth that one extra ounce of effort to finish first,the difference between good and great?

Offline NorthernCaliforniaHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2009, 07:29:00 PM »
Best of luck Rob, and THANK YOU for your service. Please PM me with a number to call and any questions you may have. I don't have a world of experience but I have all the time in the world and a patient ear for a vet.
"...there are no words that can tell the hidden spirit of the wilderness, that can reveal its mystery, it's melancholy, and its charm." Theodore Roosevelt

Find me at ShareTheBounty

Offline robk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2009, 02:14:00 PM »
guys something i didn't realize until today is i need a rest for my bow. i just got it in and the pictures i posted do it absolutely no justice. the bow is magnificant and i can't wait to try it out. the piece of equipment i need is a knock pliers and some ideas on what kind of nock i should use?
thanks again for all your help. i am really looking forward to my hunt
god bless
rob k
acf
uffda
zona bow staff
magnus broadheads

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©