3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Would it be possible  (Read 310 times)

Offline Shleprock

• Trad Bowhunter
Would it be possible
« on: September 20, 2009, 09:38:00 PM »
Do you think a broadhead target could be made with a layer of something or another that would not necessarily sharpen your broadheads but hone them. Or help keep the edge. Light sharpening. I don't know. Just an idea.
Kota5-----                                    "The arrow has always been a keen thought and the bow always an expresion of hope. By these means freed thoughts fly." Dean Torges

Offline 2madjacks

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Would it be possible
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 03:45:00 AM »
Highly doubt it's possible but glass blasting media came to mind first. Although I don't think it would work since honing is about having the right touch and the right angles.  Good luck.

Offline huntindad

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, 09:26:00 AM »
I shoot alot in sand and I think any medium that would be a possible sharpener or honer would also work against the edge .This is what I have found with sand. Bill
The days spent hunting cannot be deducted from  the span of your life's time.

Offline Tom Leemans

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2009, 09:35:00 AM »
At some point, something will contact the very edge of the blade and dull it some. Even if it is polishing it as you repeatedly shoot into it, it's also rounding and smoothing the edge. It would prolly clean them off good though!
Got wood? - Tom

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©