3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Gone Crazy-Javelina/hog hunt special  (Read 1890 times)

Offline toehead

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Gone Crazy-Javelina/hog hunt special
« Reply #100 on: October 26, 2009, 03:24:00 PM »
I have to say I read the story earlier and it is AWESOME!  CONGRATULATOINS!!!
proud member of
Bowhunting Council of Oklahoma
Oklahoma Self Bow Society
Leedey Archery Association
PBS
Comptons Traditional Bowhunters
Pope and Young Club

Offline The Vanilla Gorilla

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #101 on: October 26, 2009, 04:25:00 PM »
Way to to Dick!!  I've kept up with your Big Bad Wolf Chronicles, and I was pulling for you the whole time!

Curtis..thats a sweet little Toyota FJ...what year is it?  I had a '77, but mine didn't have the split front windshield in it...

Congrats on the good trip everybody!

Online redant 60/65

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #102 on: October 26, 2009, 04:41:00 PM »
Great story Dick  :thumbsup:  and congrads on a fine Javie, and a big congrads to all the other hunters, looks like you guys had a great time. I'll be there next April to take care of the hogs if there's any left.   :thumbsup:
Larry

Offline bwana

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #103 on: October 26, 2009, 05:00:00 PM »
I've wanted to do one of these hunts for a long time and I'm sure glad I did. I had a blast! I was lucky enough to kill two javalina. These are my first trad kills after five years of trying.

What a great group of guys to hunt with. We had a lot of fun and laughs together for sure. Great job telling the tale Dick.

Curtis is a great guy. I highly recommend doing one of these trips if you can. It was a blast. I will do it again.

I was going to post some pics but I think what Dick has on his thread covers it all.(also I don't know how:)

Curtis, Dan, Dick, Doug and Kirk, It was a pleasure hunting with you guys and I'd do it again anytime......bill

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #104 on: October 26, 2009, 11:50:00 PM »
Big Congrats Dick...

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #105 on: October 27, 2009, 12:06:00 PM »
Home again, home again but not a stitch unpacked! LOL! I'm staring out the window at a 1000# of gear still hanging from the tired Ford.

As has been said, what a great trip! I worry constantly when starting hunts on new property. I worry that somehow the property won't live up to what I consider to be a GOOD hunting ranch. Well, I think I found my comfort zone when I saw the first javelina tracks going through camp. They came through camp the first two nights I was there. They seemed to be everywhere we drove but seemed to become less and less interested in showing themselves as the hunt progressed. Beside the javelina there are more true trophy class hogs here than I've ever seen on any one ranch that I've ever been on. It's just incredible!

I had a great time with everyone! It's always a special event when I have clients who've not yet had the opportunity to take their first game animal with a trad bow. Great job Dick! You did great overcoming all those worried about obstacles.  :thumbsup:   Now you know that you are truly able. A most sincere congrats is in order!

All you guys were great! I do hope we'll all gather again and enjoy some Texas sunshine and great hunting opportunities. CK

Offline kirkwhitehead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #106 on: October 27, 2009, 12:22:00 PM »
Curtis you gotta let me know what your upcoming dates and openings are. I really want to hunt with you again. Perhaps Jan. or Feb.

Kirk
kirk

Offline Dick in Seattle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #107 on: October 27, 2009, 01:03:00 PM »
Glad you made it back OK, Curtis.   Thanks for a great time.   What's your tee shirt size, Medium or Large?   I'll send you an official Old Phartt's Archery tee shirt.  I know you're not an old phartt yet, but then, I wasn't a hunter when I went to Texas and I made it... you'll make old phartt'dom eventually, too  8^)

Like you, I've still got all the putting away to do.

Hey, you guys should have seen Dan charming his way through airport security with 45 pounds of raw pork!   He picked the line with three ladies on it and it was an awesome performance!
Dick in Seattle

"It ain't how well the bow you shoot shoots, it's how well you shoot the bow you shoot."

Offline buckster

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #108 on: October 27, 2009, 01:15:00 PM »
Awesome story and great hunt with da man!

Glad ya'll had a great time, can't wait till New Years!
"Carpe Carp" ... Seize the fish.

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #109 on: October 27, 2009, 02:54:00 PM »
Thanks Kirk! The feelings are mutual. I have a couple openings in January and I have a whole 7 day period I'll be booking for the close of javelina season in the end of February.

Dick, I'll be sporting a medium in everything but hunting clothes. Thanks for the shirt. Your javelina head is simmering nicely on the stove. CK

Offline Dick in Seattle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #110 on: October 27, 2009, 05:01:00 PM »
Kirk... shirt will go out tomorrow...  you gonna get any soup stock from that head?
Dick in Seattle

"It ain't how well the bow you shoot shoots, it's how well you shoot the bow you shoot."

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©