3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Kimsha Mattawomen II any info  (Read 456 times)

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Kimsha Mattawomen II any info
« on: September 22, 2009, 07:24:00 PM »
Just traded for Mattwomen II and would like input or opinions on the bow. Have only shot it a few times but seems to be pretty quick. Very plain looking bow but yet classy. Anyone had any time spent with one.....thanks     ron w
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Online Mike Bolin

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Kimsha Mattawomen II any info
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 09:35:00 PM »
I've shot alot of Tom's bows and they are all top notch! Sold the one (Zachia Stick) that I had when I was forced to drop down in bow weight. Never chrono'ed one, but all that I have shot seemed plenty quick. If I get another, it would be the Mattawomen II. Fine bow built by a fine gentleman. Enjoy! Mike
Centaur longbow 62", 43#@28"
River Raisin Siren, 60", 41#@28"
Osage Selfbow 62", 47#@28
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2009, 09:42:00 PM »
Thanks, I think this bow and I are going to be friends...
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 05:57:00 PM »
No body else got a Kimsha to talk about???

Offline TomK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2009, 07:46:00 PM »
Tom has been a close personal friend for almost 30 years.  He puts his heart and soul in to every bow he makes, and they are among the smoothest and fastest out there.  I've shot several of his Mattawomen II bows, and I think they are top notch.  Enjoy your bow!
Compton Traditional Bowhunters - Life Member
PBS

Offline Mike Burch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2009, 08:11:00 PM »
The Mattawoman II is one of the best, if not the best, mild r/d longbow I have ever shot. It has it all. I love'em!

Mike

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2009, 09:19:00 PM »
I have met Tom met times through Compton, and shot several of his bows. They are excellent, superbly built bows. Furher, Tom is a great guy, and an honest man. You can't go wrong with one of his bows.

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2009, 10:47:00 PM »
Thanks guys..... thats good to hear!!!

Offline Magwa45

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2009, 09:34:00 PM »
I have a Mattowoman II custom made for me by Tom Parsons last year. That is my one and only longbow and I shoot it exclusively. A great shooter, it will stack arrows one on top of another, if you do your job. It is a really nice bow and fun to shoot. He is a great guy too.
Don in MD

KIMSHA Archery "Mattawoman II" Longbow
Jet Archery "Jaguar" Longbow
Howard Hill Archery "Tembo" Longbow

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2009, 10:01:00 PM »
Magwa45; Mine is also 45# @ 28". I'm shooting 525 gr. cedars like darts, I'm really surprised  at the performance.

Offline Magwa45

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2009, 09:38:00 PM »
Yes, that is a good weight. Tom also made me up some cedar arrows with the comment that 10 to 11 grains per pound draw weight is the best.
Don in MD

KIMSHA Archery "Mattawoman II" Longbow
Jet Archery "Jaguar" Longbow
Howard Hill Archery "Tembo" Longbow

Offline G. Fred Asbell

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2009, 04:51:00 PM »
I've known Tom Parsons for 35+years and I've shot his bows and hunted with him for almost as long. He's a good man to ride the river with and there may not be a more knowledgable archer/bow maker around. You won't go wrong with TP. GFA

Offline Stinger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2009, 06:43:00 PM »
Ron, I'm glad the bow is working out for you.  I would have kept that bow in a heartbeat if I could shoot that grip with my fused thumb joint, but I couldn't make it work shooting anymore than a few arrows at a time.  BTW, I really like the RER curve and shoot it better than anything on the rack.

As all have said, TP is one of the nicest gentlemen in the sport.

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2009, 06:58:00 PM »
I'm glad our trade worked out Stinger, Its good to know that we are both happy. Also good to hear all the positive responce to Tom P. and Kimsha.

Offline dragonheart

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2009, 07:17:00 PM »
I shot one, great longbow.  Just pure shootability!  Enjoy.
Longbows & Short Shots

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©