3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: String question  (Read 237 times)

Offline dave19113

• Trad Bowhunter
String question
« on: September 23, 2009, 02:54:00 PM »
I have a 58" Bob lee takedown w/ fast flight string on it. i have 2 Dacron 58" AMO Length strings which i was gonna set up as back ups just in case... My question is can I use the dacrons in place of fast flight? Bc the way I heard it u cant use fast flight on a bow designed 4 dacron but the other way around is ok?.... And is there advantages 2 dacron

Thanks

D
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Offline Don Stokes

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: String question
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 02:58:00 PM »
You will more than likely need lighter spine with the Dacron, and a higher brace height. I'd get another FF for the backup, just like the one you have, silencers and all.
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.- Ben Franklin

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: String question
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 03:06:00 PM »
On a bow made for dacron only you should shoot dacron.On a bow made for FF type strings you can shoot FF or dacron,it doesn't really matter.For me I shoot dacron on my older bows for safety and to not shorten the bows life possibly.But on FF type bows,for me I see no advantage to using dacron on them.I like a bow that uses FF type strings and I don't mean for any speed increase a FF offers over dacron.I prefer a low stretch FF type string for the feel of the shot,the bows feels more solid to me.On some bows using dacron it can increase handshock and the bow feel springy to me.And dacron is not always quieter then a FF type string.If a bow is rated for FF I use a FF type string,but if it is dacron only I shoot dacron on it.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©