3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: It sure is a small world...  (Read 508 times)

Offline Paul Mattson

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
It sure is a small world...
« on: September 24, 2009, 08:07:00 AM »
Just the other day I received an order for some custom arrows.  The customer lives in New Caledonia.  I have sent out arrows all over the world, but New Caledonia had me stumped.   If you are a geography buff then you already know where the country is located.  

I am not going to go into great detail but, New Caledonia is northwest of New Zealand in the South Pacific.  

This also got me thinking, as to how much Tradgang has helped in this.  Look at how easy it is to talk with someone who lives in another state, or even better yet another country.  Not only can we talk, but we can make lasting friendships.

Do you have a story as to how Tradgang has made your world smaller?  Let’s hear it.

Offline Benny Nganabbarru

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: It sure is a small world...
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 08:15:00 AM »
It's been a real help and blessing over in my neck of the woods (bush), where until the last couple of years there were no current traditional bowhunters, and certainly no bows to look over. I rely on TradGang to help me find-out about bows that've caught my fancy, and at times for shooting and tuning wisdom. It really is great to know that there are folks around the world who would be happy to put the billy on the boil should a lost Aussie ever wind-up their way. Thanks, TradGang!
TGMM - Family of the Bow

Offline Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 08:18:00 AM »
I feel like I could hunt anywhere in the world that I wanted with just a PM or email. All due to Trad Gang.
Ya gotta love it.
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline Benny Nganabbarru

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 08:22:00 AM »
Oh, and there are a few Badger Arrow cedars flying around Katherine now and then out of a little K-Mag, also courtesy of a fellow TradGanger; quite a few other odds and ends carefully crafted or supplied by other TradGangers have wound-up this way... books, DVDs, more arrows, bows, tee-shirts, leather goods, broadheads, strings, a beaut Paul Schafer photo, etc. But that's just the material stuff that a bowman fancies. The sharing and camaraderie are worth far more.

And, New Caledonia isn't so far from here (well, it's closer than the USA is). I think Mick Baker guides for rusa there sometimes, or has in the past.
TGMM - Family of the Bow

Offline horatio1226

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2009, 08:24:00 AM »
I doubt I would have my beautiful V-Archer longbow that was made in the Netherlands.

"So long as the moon returns to the heavens in a bent, beautiful arc, so long will the fascination with archery in man lasts."

Offline frassettor

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2009, 08:39:00 AM »
There are so many people hear that I want to share a campfire with....Charlie Lamb, KillDeer, Biggie Hoffman,Guru,Ted Fry,Terry Green, Joe Skipp,JDS3, Vermonster13..These are just to mention a few, To many to mention! What do you say fellas   :pray:  

ALOT of great people here!
"Everything's fine,just fine". Dad

Offline Eric Krewson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2009, 09:41:00 AM »
I put a bow up for sale on the Trad Gang a few years ago. To my surprise the first responder was a nice guy in Italy. I know he had to be nervous sending money to a complete stranger. I was apprehensive about getting a bow to him with snakes skins on it as they are prohibited for import into Italy. The right wording on the customs declaration and the bow went through without a hitch. Sure was a relief when he emailed me that the had the bow and it was just what he was looking for, all made possible because of the Trad Gang.

Offline John3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2009, 09:45:00 AM »
It is the people of Tradgang...!

For years and years I thought I was alone in my bowhunting ethics, values and method... My few bowhunting friends stayed with modern gear and just were not into bowhunting as a lifestyle like I was/am. To be honest none of them hunt much now almost 25 years after we all started.

Then I found the gang in early 2003.  

Many enjoyable hours spent on the Tradgang.  EVERY single time I needed advice, help or questions to be answered someone here has helped me.  I have been on many bowtrips that never would have happened without Tradgang. Plus "been" on thousands of cyber bowtrips all over the world here. NewZealand, Africa, Austrailia (thanks to Ben for all the awesome outback pics) Canada, France, Spain, Mexico, and all over the USA!  I'm sure I have left out a bunch!!!  What a place we have in the Tradgang.

John III

JDSIII
"There is no excellence in Archery without great labor".  Maurice Thompson 1879

Professional Bowhunters Society--Regular Member
United Bowhunters of Missouri
Compton Life Member #333

Offline V-Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2009, 11:18:00 AM »
Indeed, there are also some Badger Arrows flying around in the Netherlands.
I also got good contacts through TG in the US like Horatio1226, Bjorn and Pruneemac who I visited during a business trip as well contacts in Latin America and Taiwan (Hera)
I made a heavy pull R/D bow for a former weight lifter who lives in Rumania who was a TG member for a while.
"If you have the will to win you have achieved half your success; if you don't, you have achieved half your failure"

Offline straitera

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2009, 11:29:00 AM »
Stories & people are great. Always like to experience hunting episodes from other countries as well as big game of North America. As strickly a hunter only, I find more valuable hunting related referrences and information. Much obliged.
Buddy Bell

Trad is 60% mental & about 40% mental.

Offline gregg dudley

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2009, 01:14:00 PM »
Ended up at a wedding in California.  One of the activities for out of town guests was a hike on Torrey Pines Preserve.  I could see Beach Bowhunters house from the top of the Preserve.  I had visited him three days before for the first time.
MOLON LABE

Traditional Bowhunters Of Florida
Come shoot with us!

Offline Nakohe

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2009, 05:13:00 PM »
I have sold bows to UK, France, Spain, and Italy all through TG and all nice upstanding fellas. Love this family here.
"Then Peter said unto them. Repent all of you and be baptized in the Name of Jesus for remission of sins and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Acts 2:38

TGMM Family Of The Bow
Life Member T. B. O. T.
SGT. U.S.A.F. '72-'76
Life Member NRA

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2009, 05:23:00 PM »
I can actually get along with those darn Buckeyes on here! I've sold and traded bows that have been around the country and back. This is a unique blend of personalities and opinions, for sure.
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline vtmtnman

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2009, 08:14:00 PM »
I doubt I would have found the monster's lair any other way and just a mere 30 minutes away.   ;)   Learned alot from big Dave.   :thumbsup:
>>>>--TGMM family of the bow--->

Offline kbetts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2009, 09:10:00 AM »
No one has ever "taught" me about traditional archery.  Actually, I was a loner in the archery world for a long time.  Started working on bows (with wheels) 20 years ago and after enough compound kills decided it was time to step it up.  This site has changed everything about the way I hunt. Endless info for those willing to ask. I still can't believe how you guys have helped me (without knowing it) become so much more lethal than I was just a year ago.  Mind set has a lot to do with it, but so does good information and excellent people.
"The overhead view is of me in a maze...you see what I'm hunting a few steps away."  Phish

Offline sticshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2009, 09:14:00 AM »
HOME SWEET HOME! YOU CAN TRAVEL THE WORLD OVER AND NEVER FIND A BETTER PLACE OR PEOPLE.<><
The Church of God is an anvil that has worn out many hammers.

"Walk softly..and carry a sharp   Stic."
TGMM

Offline jcar315

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2009, 09:46:00 AM »
Before I came here I thought I was the only traditional archer anywhere east of the Mississippi! Lo and behold there are a bunch of tremondous guys right down the road!!

I talk to my family about my TG friends from the local area (who we have met) and some from all across the US and the world (who I would jump at the chance to meet.)

To be able to say I have friends in all parts of the world is pretty cool!!!

So happy I found TG and it is the BEST!!!!!
Proud Dad to two awesome Kids and a very passionate pig hunter.

Right handed but left eye dominant.

Proud to be a Native TEXAN!!!!!

"TGMM  Family of the Bow"

Online trad_bowhunter1965

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2009, 10:30:00 AM »
I have been at the Bowhunting game 25+ years and I have been to some of the other site, but intel I got my Recurve and came here I have never felt at home intel now.
" I am driven by those thing that rouse my traditional sense of archery and Bowhunting" G Fred Asbell

Trad Gang Hall of Fame
Yellowstone Longbows
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society Associate Member
Retired 38 years DoD civilian.

Offline excelpoint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2009, 07:36:00 PM »
This place has certainly helped me a lot especially researching new things to buy. Only need to ask the question once and you get a great response. As Ben said being over here in Aussie land its hard at times to get an idea on a product that isnt even in the country.
"A hunt based only on trophies taken falls short of what the ultimate goal should be ... time to commune with your inner soul as you share the outdoors with the birds, animals, and the fish that live there."
Fred Bear

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©