3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Which DAS Dalaa?  (Read 1131 times)

Offline R H Clark

• Trad Bowhunter
Which DAS Dalaa?
« on: April 03, 2007, 01:31:00 PM »
I am getting a Dalaa soon.My draw length is 30in.Would you guys get the 60in or 62in limbs? Would the 60in be a little faster? Would 62in be a little smoother or does it really matter.I remember David saying somewhere length was very important. I called 3Rivers Tech support but not much help there.The guy didn't seem to know much about the Dalaa although he was very courteous.

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Which DAS Dalaa?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 01:52:00 PM »
I draw 30" and switched to a 62", the 60" was ok but I like the longer limbs better.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline R H Clark

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2007, 02:13:00 PM »
Vermonster, are the 62in limbs the dipped camo or the camo that looks to be a tape on? Thanks for the help.

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2007, 02:14:00 PM »
I picked up some WIn-Ex black duracoat myself
TGMM Family of the Bow

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2007, 03:04:00 PM »
I recently bought the Dalaa with 62" limbs from 3 Rivers, and the Camo is dipped and looks fine.  My draw is 28", and I have just always liked shooting 62" bows rather than shorter ones.  It is possible that you might get a little more speed out of a bow if you are drawing closer to its stacking point.

BTW, I think they are a little conservative on their weights, so if you are having problems deciding whether to go 55# or 60#, I would go with the heavier poundage.  The poundage is adjustable, but mainly down and not up, I think.  I originally ordered a 55#, which measured closer to 50# on my scale.  As it turned out, I decided I liked having some lighter limbs, so ordered some 60# limbs too.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

Offline dino

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2007, 06:46:00 PM »
Definately go with the 62".  It will be far more comfortable shooting for your draw length. dino
"The most demanding thing you can ask of a piece of wood is for it to become an arrow shaft. You reduce it to the smallest of dimension yet ask it to remain it's strongest, straightest and most durable." Bill Sweetland

Offline chuckbowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2007, 09:50:00 PM »
I shoot a Dalaa at 29 1/2" and got the 60" after talking to David.  If I were ordering today I would get the 62".
Chuckbowhunter

Offline WildmanSC

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2007, 09:08:00 AM »
When I ordered, and received, 50# limbs the scale showed them to be 45#.  However there was at lest 2 turns of adjustment that I could have made that would have gotten me to the 49-51# range.

Bill
TGMM Family of the Bow

-----------------------------------
Groves Flame Recurve 62", 45#@28"

Praise the Lord Jesus Christ, He is Worthy

Offline Passthru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2007, 09:40:00 AM »
The important thing is to have the proper preload for the given draw length and limb size.  You should contact Dave and get his input.

Offline trashwood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2007, 09:54:00 AM »
The great thing about my Dalaa is the fexiblity.  I got 4 sets of limbs for it.  48# short hoyt carbon plus, 40# medium hoyt carbon plus, 34# long hoyt carbon plus and 44# long hoyt carbon plus

on the dalaa that gives me a short 58" bow in the high 50# or low 60# for hunting pig tunnels and pop up blinds.  60" bow in the high 40# to low 50# for deer and elk. a 62" bow in the low to high 40# for 3D and string walking target work. 62" bow in the low to med 50# for elk hunting.

when ya get your dalaa you will find that there are a lot of older ILF (olympic) limbs for sale second hand.  it is easy to change the ILF fixture to a DAS fixture.  I bought some of the carbon plus limbs (carbon/foam no wood) for as cheaply as $150.  the current new limb in carbon foam are in the $300 to $400 range.  with a few DAS fixtures ya can make ya a real fexible go any where do anything bow.

rusty

Offline R H Clark

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2007, 10:50:00 AM »
Thanks to everyone for all the positive response.Looks like I'll wind up with at least two sets of limbs.The ability to change limbs cheap is one thing that attracted me to the bow.I just didn't know how long of a draw the shorter limbs could handle.

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2007, 11:10:00 AM »
The mediums will handle your draw, the longs are just smoother IMO at 30"
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Rich LaBombard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2007, 01:18:00 PM »
Get ready to fall in love.

Offline trashwood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2007, 01:42:00 PM »
I hunt quite a bit string walking, which is a system ya you aim with the point of the arrow on the spot you want to hit.

Here is a group I shot at 30 yds.  as you can see I collasped on the last shot dropping it out of the group. these are the long limbs (62" bow) 44#@28".  this is the bow I am using for turkey hunting this spring.  arrow are 2013 with 90gr field points.

if need to after I get my turkey I can slip on the 48# shrots and go pig hunting   :)  they will draw from the med 50# to low 60#  it just don't get no better   :)  

rusty

Offline WildmanSC

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2007, 03:02:00 PM »
Hey Rusty,

Ya waiting until you shoot a turkey to put fletching on those arrows?    ;)    :bigsmyl:

Bill
TGMM Family of the Bow

-----------------------------------
Groves Flame Recurve 62", 45#@28"

Praise the Lord Jesus Christ, He is Worthy

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2007, 03:03:00 PM »
Rusty is so good they fletch themselves when he shoots the turkey.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline trashwood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2007, 04:28:00 PM »
Na it's got some little blue quikspin vanes on it.  for turkey I shooting some old 90 mechincal BH.  I found mechanical BH open up evertime and work well for turkey.  The other thing is they shoot just exaclty like my 90 gr field tips and tuning to fly like an angel  :)

rusty -got flak jacket on for using mechincal BH- Craine

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©