3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Don't laught too hard ;)  (Read 486 times)

Offline Don Stokes

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Don't laught too hard ;)
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2009, 08:23:00 AM »
Around here you'd have to watch out for coon hounds...
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.- Ben Franklin

Offline bushytail

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2009, 09:02:00 AM »
Watch out behind you if mating season is in for coons.They might think your a new girl in town(or in the woods).  :biglaugh:  Or you could put on a coon body suit.The deer would think "that`s one BIG coon".  :biglaugh:  I`m sorry,I couldn`t resist.It may or may not work.Try it and see,and let us know how you made out.Good luck.
Harold Wetzler

Offline Widowbender

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2009, 10:45:00 AM »
I need a visual...how 'bout a photo...
David

>>>>--TGMM-Family-of-the-Bow-->

Chatham County Chapter NWTF
Chapel Hill Friends of NRA

Offline Kenneth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2009, 11:07:00 AM »
As soon as I get some skins I'll post photos.  I figure I'll put about 3 of them on me so that I look like part of the tree and the movement the deer saw was just a family of coons.  I missed a 180 to 190" deer in this spot last year and kinda educated him in the process so as long as there is nobody else hunting there I'm gonna try all kinds of stuff to bloody a snuffer on this guy.
Chasing my kids and my degree for now but come next fall the critters better look out.  ;)

Offline ArrowAtomik

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2009, 07:27:00 PM »
I think it could work, just don't go overboard.  I've watched squirrels and deer nearly bump into each other and expected a reaction, but neither came close to flinching.  In the same way you can throw an apple through the trees and barely get their head to lift, but make the slightest metallic "clink" and they will spook quick.  Deer get very accustomed to their environment and will spook at something the least bit strange but can seem almost unaware of the things that are natural.  I'd be curious how a tail dangling off your bow riser might work for drawing?  Update the post if you have any experiences!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©