3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Need some help in Jersey  (Read 309 times)

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Need some help in Jersey
« on: September 26, 2009, 09:35:00 PM »
I hope to go out to Ohio to Hunt/Camp in late Oct. or early Nov, but if I can't swing it my back-up plan is to do the same in NJ. I was hoping someone can advise me on areas where I can camp at, or near, a WMA or State Forest in Northwest Jersey. I was thinking maybe Zone 5 or 8. I don't need electric or water, just a basic place to pitch a tent. I'm near South Amboy and don't want to make a drive like that every hunting trip, especially as my transportation is a motorcycle and it may be chilly. I have a small trailer for hauling my gear etc.
"Always feel the wind, and walk just like the leaves".  ("LongBow Country"--Chad Slagle, "High, Wild, and Free").

Offline fyrfyter43

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Need some help in Jersey
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 01:20:00 PM »
Well, there's Voorhees S.P. but the campgrounds are only open through 10/31. It's located in zone 8, near High Bridge. Within a 10-minute drive of quite a few WMA acres.

There's also Jugtown Mountain Campsites. I believe they're open year-round. The people that own it are also hunters, although not trad bowhunters. They're in zone 7, but very close to zone 10. Again, lots of WMA lands within a 10 minute drive.
"In the joy of hunting is intimately woven the love of the great outdoors. The beauty of woods, valleys, mountains, and skies feeds the soul of the sportsman where the quest of game only whets his appetite." ~ Saxton Pope

Offline razorback

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 01:37:00 PM »
Stokes State forest has some good camp grounds and plenty of deer in the area. Check with Joe Skipp, he hunts with a bunch of guys up in that area.
Keep the wind in your face and the sun at your back.

Online lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2009, 04:18:00 PM »
If you come to South Jersey u can camp in Bodine Field this is in New Gretna and we have a ton of woods. I would take that kinda trip it would be a blast camping and hunting in your own state.Good Luck
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2009, 10:20:00 AM »
Thanks for the tips guys. I was also thinking about Wharton, that is one big place! Should be able to hunt without bumping into other hunters every 50 yards. Ohio is my home state. I've gotten all my deer harvests there, so I have the most confidence and attachment to a particular state forest I hunted. It's just not as easy to get there as to hunt local.
"Always feel the wind, and walk just like the leaves".  ("LongBow Country"--Chad Slagle, "High, Wild, and Free").

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2009, 12:12:00 PM »
Worhtington track camp ground, Deleware water Gap. You can walk right up the mountain from your camp site and hunt  more land then you could walk in a day. It is tough hunting but those woods hold some real nice bucks. I think that is zone 4.
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©