3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Pigs  (Read 330 times)

Offline ron snowaert

• Trad Bowhunter
Pigs
« on: September 27, 2009, 01:07:00 PM »
Just got back from morning hunt, good to get out for the first time, saw some squirrels, turckeys.Had four racoons walk up to about 10 yards. After the racoons came in I saw a hog coming, Had to take a second look, first time i have seen a hog in this area. He came to within 25 yards but caught my wind turned and away he went no shot but real close. What are the chances that he will be back, there are acorns around I assume that is why he was there? i guess he was about 75  pounds would really like to take him. What do you guys think?
Ron Snowaert

Offline joevan125

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Pigs
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009, 01:44:00 PM »
We have a greenfield where some hogs hang out and several times we have unloaded high powered rifles at them.

We have gone back in there the next afternoon and have hogs running everywhere. Im not a hog expert but this greenfield is the only good food source in the area and thats the only place we see them hanging out.

If those acorns you are seeing are some of the first to drop in the area i would get back in there and set up on them.
Joe Van Kilpatrick

Offline straitera

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2009, 02:12:00 PM »
Where there's one there'll be others. Here it's dead. 75# will cook as well as not. Put him in the box!
Buddy Bell

Trad is 60% mental & about 40% mental.

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009, 03:10:00 PM »
Acorns are a popular food source with hogs. First thing to look for is sign-poop and rooting. If you don't see  it where you saw the hog then it may be an isolated sighting and he may or may not be back.
Hogs like to be in groups, anywhere from two to three pigs on up to fity, sixty-even more in a big group. I have personally seen over 100 pigs in a large group.
I would look over the area for the freshest sign-lots of it, and concentrate on that.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©