3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Any luck in Ohio yet?  (Read 3997 times)

Offline bowmofo

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Any luck in Ohio yet?
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2009, 03:38:00 PM »
We had this lake effect rain all week, I don't like blood trailing in the rain. so I have been hunting foam at the Club. Improving my shooting and tuning the setup!
KEEP IT SIMPLE!

Offline djanko

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2009, 08:29:00 PM »
Well... I'm am so thrilled that I've seen numerous bucks in my three trips so far.  What I am most excited is I have 2 shooters hitting the field, both 150 plus!!!!!  I just have to figure how I attack that corner of the field...these two are terrific.  One is guareented 150+ 8 and a great 11 with lots of trash...I know I will get one of them, maybe I should say I hope???  The greatest thing is, I live on a golf course and these deer are on the only woods in the area and I have permission to hunt it.

Offline Molson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2009, 09:47:00 PM »
Hmmmmmm....   I'll be over your way tomorrow morning for a Dr appointment Dan.  Maybe I should take my bow....   :D
"The old ways will work in the future, but the new ways have never worked in the past."

Offline celticknot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2009, 09:52:00 PM »
Still nothing went out tomight and only saw boone and crocket SQUIRELLS!
Ohio Society of Traditional Archers #830

Tracey "TREE" Trickett 2 Pricly curves 3pc & pricly ash longbow won @ Great Ohio Rabbit Hunt

Offline PaPaFrank

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2009, 09:58:00 PM »
I was surrounded tonight by a pair of suicidal yearlings! lol One of them came by my tree three different times! In about two months, i'll be regretting my decision to let them walk, but tonight i was content to be an observer...
Keep it Simple
TGMM  Family of the Bow
PBS

Offline Molson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2009, 06:02:00 AM »
Frank you're in the Urban Zone.  Drop the string on one to educate the other!  I'm just sayin...  :archer:
"The old ways will work in the future, but the new ways have never worked in the past."

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2009, 07:11:00 AM »
Yearlings are good eating!!!!!   :bigsmyl:  I went out again last night and didn't see anything out at Killdeer. The dang wind changed 3 times and the deer all picked up my scent. I could hear them cirling my spot, but always just out of sight. Then....driving out I saw a really big 10 point with 3 or 4 buddies. They were all sporting decent racks! Thems the breaks I suppose! I'll be out at GOSH this weekend, so maybe I se some squirrels and deer.  :thumbsup:  

-Charlie

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2009, 09:14:00 AM »
Yes, one had my interest. I'd like to get a better look at him when I can see the antlers. It was still a little too dark to count the tines and see their length. The spread was all I could really tell and it was beyond the ears. Tine length looked good from what I could see. He'll be back. The one I'd like to see was the buck that walked through my shooting lane at 0645am. Only reason I know it was a buck was I heard his tines working some limbs. He walked by at 18 yards!  :banghead:  He'll be back as well.
All in all it was a good morning. Me and longbowben saw 25 between us on that ridge and that don't count the ones we ran out in the dark. Today it was 36 degrees and a perfect wind. And I'm at work!  :banghead:  Looks like I'll be sitting in the rain tomorrow.
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying"

Proud shareholder of MK,LLC

Offline djanko

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2009, 07:54:00 PM »
Pumped out 150 shots practice...will be doing some heavy hunting the next 3 days.  Got 2 150+ that are almost in the city of Medina....seen one 3 times and the 11 with trash once.  I'm convinced I will get one of these?????

I will keep you abreast!

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2009, 08:30:00 PM »
Janko,

I'll take the one you don't shoot! Deal?  :knothead:    You guys must be way better hunters than I.  :notworthy:   :notworthy:  

Just messing with ya',
-Charlie

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2009, 03:39:00 AM »
Originally posted by buckeye_hunter:
[QB] Janko,

Leatherneck,
Make some meat already! Passing shots?       :knothead:       You guys must be way better hunters than I.     :notworthy:         :notworthy:    

Patience grasshopper, patience. I don't consider myself any better a hunter then the next guy. I just know what I'm looking for and when I see it, well, lets just say the string will be a dropping. Until then I'm enjoying watching the deer mill around and feed. A doe is in the very near future though. hard to get out of my buck spots right now to go get one. In a couple weeks i'll go elsewhere and try for a skin head. Until then...............................
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying"

Proud shareholder of MK,LLC

Offline longbowben

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2009, 01:58:00 PM »
Oh yea, something big happened this morning. See new post: "Camp Bastard" strikes again.  :p
54" Hoots 57@28
60" MOAB 60@28
Gold tip, 160gr Snuffer
TGMM Family of the Bow
USAF 90-96 69TH Bomb Squadron

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2009, 04:10:00 PM »
:bigsmyl:    :bigsmyl:    :thumbsup:

Offline elkbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2009, 08:55:00 PM »
i attempted to go out this evening but after i realized i couldn't shoot and hold on to the tree at the same time i figured i'd be better off hunting on a less windy day.
kevin moore

Offline djanko

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2009, 12:21:00 PM »
Went out this am hoping to see one of the 2 150+ I have seen twice so far...unfortunately, it was a trip that  had 4 doe's, 2 fawns and a spike.  None of the doe's were in range.  Did have an opportunity to move my later stand on the field that I have be seeing the 150's.  I'll let it rest until Sunday eve and we will see what happens

Dan

Offline Molson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2009, 03:26:00 PM »
Shot over the back of a doe last night on the way to my stand.  Got there at about 10 til 4 and there were deer and turkey everywhere.  Had to try to sneak the long way around to my stand when I ran into her.  Snuck up on her and rushed the shot.

After that I managed to make it to about 30 yds from my stand when I spooked 5 under it.  Got up in and had doe and turkey around all night.  None of the does walked into my shooting lane and I didn't see a single deer with horns.  No idea why the bucks aren't showing.  Crazy evening though... Lots to watch.

Offline Molson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2009, 05:17:00 PM »
Went out this morning and shot this old doe.  Posted it up on the daily hunt thread but figured I'd add a pic here too.

Offline GingivitisKahn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2009, 08:55:00 PM »
Grats Molson!

:thumbsup:

Offline djanko

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2009, 09:24:00 PM »
Way to go Molson...nice!!!!  I went out this afternoon and saw 12 4 bucks.  One nice 8 at 40 yards that would have been 125.  40 yards is too much for me, I'm good to go at 25 and after that, it pretty risky.  If the doe's come close I'm ready to take one...unfortunately, not close enough now.

Offline djanko

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2009, 11:59:00 AM »
ttt

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©