3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Any luck in Ohio yet?  (Read 3998 times)

Offline djanko

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Any luck in Ohio yet?
« Reply #60 on: October 11, 2009, 07:50:00 PM »
Wish I could say today was the day, but saw 2 small bucks 20 yard, 6 bald all close.  Probably should have considered taking a doe today, but I didn't.  Put in a new ladder stand today that is absolutely in a terrific sport ( I guess they all are)...so hopefully I will get one of the 2 150'+ that I have been seeing.  I will keep you updated.

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: October 11, 2009, 08:18:00 PM »
I will be out doing some squirrel hunting this week with my girls. We'll take my bow and an airgun to be ready for all occasions. Small critters get the airgun, the bug uns get the bow! My daughters will have the airgun and I will have the bow. Who knows, maybe we all will get to do some shooting!

-Charlie

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: October 11, 2009, 08:26:00 PM »
Here's some more pressure longbowben. Got this off the camera by my stand in my pines where I shot my buck this year. 7:36pm yesterday(sat.) evening.

“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying"

Proud shareholder of MK,LLC

Offline longbowben

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: October 11, 2009, 11:05:00 PM »
That's the buck that made the right choice last week thought i had him.Maybe tomorrow.
54" Hoots 57@28
60" MOAB 60@28
Gold tip, 160gr Snuffer
TGMM Family of the Bow
USAF 90-96 69TH Bomb Squadron

Offline Molson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: October 12, 2009, 12:20:00 AM »
I had one I've been waiting to see make the right choice Saturday evening.  Came across to me at 20 yds to my right and moved at a perfect angle with the trees to block my shot. The whole thing, including watching him lay down two scrapes, then watching four does come out and pee in them, took about 40 minutes. I'm getting to old to hold onto to hope and have my heart racing that long! He's a beauty of a 12 pt, great mass, real tall main beams, but average tine length.  Probably go mid 150's.  One of them "Just in Case" deer.  The kind that keeps you from shooting something else "just in case" he shows up!
"The old ways will work in the future, but the new ways have never worked in the past."

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: October 12, 2009, 08:28:00 AM »
How do you guys get out to hunt so much? NOT FAIR!  :knothead:  
 -Charlie

Offline djanko

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: October 12, 2009, 02:23:00 PM »
You've got to make time for it!!!!  Put up a new stand yesterday in a perfect location...hopefully it get's me close to the 150's I'm after.  I will give it a shot tonight and will report back if anything happens.

Offline trapperzeke

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: October 12, 2009, 05:49:00 PM »
On the way to hunt Sun. morn, I had to stop the truck to let a heavy-antlered 10pt. pass...biggest deer all season! On stand, I drew on a smallish 6, but he wouldn't stop no matter how loud I bleated at him...until he got out of range and stopped to work a licking branch.  15 mins later I went to draw on a big doe, when another one spotted me and spoiled the party.

Offline Molson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: October 12, 2009, 05:50:00 PM »
Charlie you just have to be willing to accept the consequences!!!!!!   ;)
"The old ways will work in the future, but the new ways have never worked in the past."

Offline thump

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: October 12, 2009, 06:10:00 PM »
Took a 8pt buck last thursday from the ground with my fox High Sierra.Thanks to a 10pt which chased him back into the wood'line from the beanfield.Now to tune up my new Royal Crown for a doe.

Offline Forrest Creature 1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: October 12, 2009, 06:12:00 PM »
thump,were are the pics and story  :campfire:

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: October 12, 2009, 06:25:00 PM »
Yeah Thump, Where is the story and pics?

-Charlie

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: October 12, 2009, 07:07:00 PM »
thump-Remember, man law. Sorry ladies, Trad Gang Law.  :thumbsup:
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying"

Offline thump

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: October 12, 2009, 10:53:00 PM »
Ok hear it is. Around 5pm my friend Ray called and said while he was triming some limbs while in his treestand he sliped and cut the string on his new brackenbury recurve which sent it out of the tree .He climbed out of the tree picked up his bow walked back to his truck. He stated that on his way out he jumped A bunch of deer and that I needed to get out. After having a good laugh I got dressed and with 2hrs left of light I pulled into my spot .The wind was wrong for the stand I had placed on a trail leading into a beanfield so I picked out a spot on the ground accross from it cut some branches for cover and waited Around 6;45PM The 10 pt entered the field up wind of my location withen 5min the 8 pt came out in the same spot every few minutes the 10pt would give the 8pt that look and he would move closer to my ambush.But it looked like he would stay in the field And if he did as he came around the corner I'd have to shoot through a maze of branches and the ground was to full of fallen limbs to stalk any closer. just when I thought he was going to pass the trail leading back into the wood'lot the big big boy starting walking towards him he jumped out of the field and entered my shooting lane in seconds my ceader arrow took him through both lungs at 15 yards and I heard the crash seconds later .After a quick recovery I called Ray and thanked him.He's waiting for his new strings to arrive in the the mean'time his using one of my bows.

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: October 13, 2009, 08:04:00 AM »
Great job, Congratulations! Where are the pics? I'm living vicariouly through you guys right now. :)  

-Charlie

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: October 13, 2009, 08:14:00 AM »
Way to go thump-now wheres those pics?
Congrats!

Offline djanko

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: October 13, 2009, 11:59:00 AM »
I can't wait for the picutres too!!!

Offline longbowben

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: October 13, 2009, 12:52:00 PM »
Had another goodmorning saw a 120 plus 8 pt.This is him.
54" Hoots 57@28
60" MOAB 60@28
Gold tip, 160gr Snuffer
TGMM Family of the Bow
USAF 90-96 69TH Bomb Squadron

Offline Jmatt1957

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: October 13, 2009, 02:49:00 PM »
I shot a nice buck on Sunday( the garden buck) from my ground blind. I have been seeing deer everytime I go out. Most are small bucks, does and yearlings.

Offline BEN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: October 13, 2009, 02:49:00 PM »
Is that deer tied up??!!
   :eek:      :eek:  

If you look at the branch near it's neck--doesn't it look like he's tied up??   :bigsmyl:
Ben
M.O.A.B  54# Thunderstick
Ancient Spirits 62# "Thunderhawk"
Browning Wasp 45#

"VEGETARIAN"----Old Indian word for "BAD HUNTER".

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©