3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Flashlight ?  (Read 2295 times)

Offline killinstuff

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Flashlight ?
« Reply #100 on: November 07, 2009, 05:42:00 AM »
Here's a test for the guys that think their flashlight is as good as Barry and Gene's. Go on the Pig Gig and after supper go walk around camp with you light, bow and blunts rabbit hunting. Your light will pick up a rabit at half the distance as Barry's and Genes. Mag-lites, 1/4 of the distance.
lll

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #101 on: November 16, 2009, 06:02:00 PM »
I just recieved my Mainbeam light from the Wensels. All I can say is WOW!!

I used to cringe at the thought of bloodtrailing after dark.....now I'm kind of looking forward to the next one.  :bigsmyl:  

This sure ain't no Maglite!!

Offline Covey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #102 on: November 16, 2009, 06:50:00 PM »
So can a guy get the new version? what is the differance? I'm always looking for a good light!! Jason

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #103 on: November 16, 2009, 06:54:00 PM »
Jason, yes I got the new model. I think it is a few lumens brighter than the old one when on the highest setting. It may have some new features that I'm not aware of.

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #104 on: November 16, 2009, 07:37:00 PM »
I finally got me a Shurefire (in a trade for climbing sticks) a couple years back - BUT it doesn't seem as brite as the first ones I saw (back when). Probably my ol' eyeballs - but it also is hot and certainly not adjustable. Been figuring to get me a MainBeam from BOTB ever since the first posts on it last year (? I think it was). Glad now that I kept on not doing it, since they are going to a new one - LOL. Time to start "planning" again - Seems I don't do anything "fast" anymore, even when I really want to (I keep thinking, "Heck, I may not ever need one again!"   :biglaugh:  )
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline agross1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #105 on: November 16, 2009, 08:43:00 PM »
well i finally ordered a main beam, can't wait to get it and test it out, hopefully on a blood trail
Silvertip 60"  54#
64 Kodiak 60"  50#

Offline lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #106 on: November 16, 2009, 08:46:00 PM »
Badlands and a stinger I prefer a white light over yellow.
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline champ38

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #107 on: November 28, 2009, 07:51:00 AM »
Main Beam, Just got mine about a week or so ago. Man am I impressed ! Its like having a Q-beam that will fit in your pocket. Thanks B.O.B. for an amazing product.
56" Shrew Classic Carbon 68@29
58" 2-P Centaur Cabon Elite 57@29

Offline agross1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #108 on: November 28, 2009, 10:27:00 AM »
got mine about a week ago as well,  think it only took four days to get it after i ordered it,   i must say i am pretty impressed that such a small light can put out that much light,  can't wait to use it on a blood trail
Silvertip 60"  54#
64 Kodiak 60"  50#

Offline Overspined

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #109 on: December 12, 2009, 10:56:00 AM »
For woodlot hunting or farting around, everyone has their preferences and favorites. If you need a serious light with incredible brightness and a loooonnggg battery life, the PD30 is a tough one to beat. The size of a mini mag, but unbelievable in comparison. It is like carrying a car headlight in your pocket. I can shine a whole field on my way out of a woodlot if I want. I used it at night biking in and out of colorado mountains for a week, then 1/2 the bow season in MI, and finally had to change the batteries. You honestly have to try it if you haven't yet. I just got one for my dad for xmas. He couldn't believe what a light it is. Varmint hunting is a no brainer. No more spotlights!

Online paradocs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #110 on: December 12, 2009, 11:18:00 AM »
Ordered two Main Beams...one for me, one for my wife.  Hope Santa gets 'em here in time

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©