3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Flashlight ?  (Read 2298 times)

Offline Lost Arra

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Flashlight ?
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2009, 10:29:00 PM »
Fenix 2LT or LD20

Both use AA batteries available at any convenience store and also work in my GPS.

Offline toddster

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2009, 10:46:00 AM »
Thanks Gene, wish I would of known that would of waited.  I Got the Main Beam from Gene and Barry and did a review on the product section.  It is by far the best flashlight for the money and better than more expensive ones.

Online stagetek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2009, 11:12:00 AM »
I've used the AA Mini-mag for years. Last year I put the LED lens in it. The only complaint I have, is turning it on and off is a two handed operation. Wish they would put a switch on it. I also have a white hat brim light, great when climbing.

Offline MikeS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2009, 11:51:00 AM »
:clapper:

Offline George D. Stout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2009, 12:27:00 PM »
MagLite.  $16.88 and you can spot deer with it.  Mine has lasted fifteen years so far on the same bulb.  And no, I'm not on the MagLite Pro Staff.

Offline Talondale

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2009, 01:23:00 PM »
Originally posted by Apex Predator:
From what I hear, the light that the Wensels sell it the best.  Very bright LED, with great battery life.  Any one have a link?  It's time I go buy one.
The Wensel flashlight is a Fenix model as well (PD30 I think) but uses the CR123 batteries which are more expensive and nothing else I have uses them.

It seems the flashlight fanatics also recommend the   eneloop   rechargeable batteries which seem to hold their power on the shelf longer and do well in cold weather.

Offline Gene Wensel

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2009, 01:25:00 PM »
The new Main Beam will have no price increase ($65). For size, weight, price and brightness, there is nothing like it.

Offline S. Brant Osborn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2009, 02:58:00 PM »
Just last week I recieved a fenix ld-20 as a safety award from work.  I had i a couple of days before I tryed it outside and wow!.  Before then I had never even heard of fenix.

I like that it uses AA bateries.  They fit other things I have so there is normally 15 or 20 in a drawer a my disposal.
B.
"I'm the proud son of a Vietnam Vet and proud to be Made in America!"

Offline BobW

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2009, 03:14:00 PM »
Originally posted by stagetek:
I've used the AA Mini-mag for years. Last year I put the LED lens in it. The only complaint I have, is turning it on and off is a two handed operation. Wish they would put a switch on it. I also have a white hat brim light, great when climbing.
The same folks that make the 3-bulb LED (NiteIze?), make a tail switch (though you might find it makes it too easy to turn on in a bag as it is a non-guarded switch), and also a head strap (called a Jack Strap) that is the same one B.O.T.B. sells with their flashlight.  The strap is a really nice option, and I have a few I use.  Nice being hands free when you need it.

All that being said, the B.O.T.B. Main Beam is all its played up to be, and worth every penny.
"A sagittis hungarorum libera nos Domine"
>>---TGMM-Family-of-the-Bow--->
Member: Double-T Archery Club, Amherst, NY
St. Judes - $100k for 2010 - WE DID IT!!!!

Offline MikeS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2009, 03:36:00 PM »
I don't know what I did to screw up my other post so that the text didn't come through.  Anyhow.....I bought a Main Beam from the Wensels last year.  I never considered spending that much for such a little light.  I was perfectly content with my Mag light and mini mags.  In any event, I am certainly glad I spent the money!  It has awsome lighting capabilities and I am still on the original set of batteries!  I was so impressed I bought 3 more for my boys!  That white light is FAR superior to the regular old yellow lights of the past!  Well worth the money!
Mike

Offline Mr.Magoo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2009, 03:54:00 PM »
petzl headlamp, Q40 small flashlight, and a coleman lantern for trailing ...

Offline hunt it

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2009, 05:25:00 PM »
For me flashlights are like knives - no one will do it all. I have 4 or 5 Sure Fires, a few Cabelas Xeons and 4 or 5 Petzel headlamps. The king of them all is my new Petzel Ultra headlamp 3 settings, highest is 350 lumens with rechargeable  lithium battery and goes for 2 hrs on high (350 lumens) and 9hrs on lowest setting (100 lumens).
hunt it

Offline NoCams

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2009, 08:21:00 PM »
350 LUMENS ! Sheesh, I could cook on that ! We got a old Scorpion by Streamlight that is 80 lumens and you cannot hold your hand too close to the head. Wished we had one of the newer lights that is adjustable, that is nice to conserve batteries and then turn up the power when you really need it. We use the small clip on headlamps that clip on your hat bill for walking in and the Scorpion for tracking.

nocams  :campfire:
TGMM  Family of the Bow
"Failure to plan is planned failure"

Offline GMMAT

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2009, 05:57:00 AM »
I've got a couple Pelican 2390 M6's.  Very satisfied.

Offline Tom Leemans

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2009, 10:06:00 AM »
There are two things on my Christmas list. A main beam flashlight and a copy of One With The Wilderness.
Got wood? - Tom

Offline Barry Wensel

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2009, 11:45:00 PM »
Tom: and if you run out of money after Christmas to pay the light bill you'll still be able to read the book with the flashlight! bw

Offline Ssamac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2009, 05:20:00 PM »
LED light with 2 AA batteries. Don't remember the brand but it's metal and tough. Bright and lasts forever and small and light. Has a clip and a lanyard for carrying.

Haven't been able to break it for three years now. That's good for me.

sam

Offline Hattrick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2009, 05:35:00 PM »
peztl head lamp an main beam,the 2 best out there that i`ve found
Bull

Offline Chris O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2009, 10:00:00 PM »
This is my first season using the Main Beam. So far I really love it. I never thought I'd like an variable setting light but I have to say I change its brightness quite often.

Offline Gary Logsdon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2009, 12:09:00 AM »
Just got back from chasing elk in Colorado the last three weeks.  I used my Mainbeam every night around camp and it's still going strong on the same set of batteries!
Gary Logsdon

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©