3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Flashlight ?  (Read 2296 times)

Offline straitera

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Flashlight ?
« Reply #60 on: October 09, 2009, 03:42:00 PM »
Brinkmann penlight. Quality, cheap, & plenty bright.
Buddy Bell

Trad is 60% mental & about 40% mental.

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: October 09, 2009, 04:50:00 PM »
Gene or Barry - I ordered one Tuesday of this week....which will I get, old or new version?

Offline Gary Logsdon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: October 11, 2009, 12:11:00 AM »
Barry's right about the lanyard catching on that Texas brush; I was one of the guys that happened too, but I recovered the light;^)  From that point on I remembered to attach the lanyard around the black plastic loop on the holster.  Here's a testimonial:  I just returned from a three week elk hunt in a remote wilderness area. I packed in two Mainbeams plus extra batteries . . . I never needed the second light OR ANY of the spare batteries.  I used the same light every night around camp on low to med. brightness and on high beam the night a pair of wolves decided to stroll through camp.  Oh, and once more to reveal a big lion early one morning when I spotted it creeping through the dark timber when I was using the camp privy:^(
Gary Logsdon

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: October 11, 2009, 08:15:00 AM »
And the story of the elk hunt with all the gorgeous pictures is WHERE???

The MainBeam is everything everyone says and more.  For guys saying their MiniMag or some other toy has worked fine for all these years, the same can be said for the Model T Ford...move up to the new F250 CrewCab King Ranch  ;)

Offline George D. Stout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: October 11, 2009, 09:52:00 AM »
Steve O, I don't know why anyone would buy a Ford to begin with 8^).  Careful what you say about Maglites; there's something to be said for old things that still work well today.  You know, like recurves, longbows, old knives...good wives, et al.  Not everyone is infatuated with new stuff to the point of abandoning things that work.

Offline joevan125

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: October 11, 2009, 09:59:00 AM »
I have gone through a lot of lights and have finally found the right one for me, Sure Fire. These little lights are freaky bright and will fit in the palm of your hand. I even use mine when im tracking and it works just fine.
Joe Van Kilpatrick

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: October 11, 2009, 10:16:00 AM »
The Main Beam really is worth every cent!

George, How did you find out how Mag-lites work? At some point you must have tried one right?

Not infatuation at all, it's simply a way better light   ;)  

Sure-Fires are great lights, but, I've read where guys gave the Sure-Fires away after trying the Main Beam
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: October 11, 2009, 10:23:00 AM »
George,

You crack me up...How bout the difference between a K5 Blazer and a new Tahoe...I worked for GM for 13 years and didn't want to show any bias   :saywhat:  

You are quite a special case, but I would bet even  YOU , if you tried one, would throw all your old junk flashlights away.  You can't really describe it in words how much of an improvement these things are.

I'd offer to let you try mine, but it is a constant companion   :D

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: October 11, 2009, 10:23:00 AM »
I recieved my Main Beam yesterday, I used it last night. Super bright, well made, the sheath is nice (not sure how anyone could lose a flashlight out of this thing). I like it. I am having trouble getting the hang of the "light touch" to change the intensity. Worth every penny so far.

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: October 11, 2009, 10:26:00 AM »
Roger...I tried to PM you, but that isn't an option for some reason...don't forget, screw the head out for low, med, high and screw it down tight for lighting up the world!

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: October 11, 2009, 02:32:00 PM »
AAAAHHHH...thanks Steve!

I owe Java lunch this week. You should come along. Maybe Tuesday?

Offline Gary Logsdon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: October 11, 2009, 05:09:00 PM »
Steve, I plan on posting some of my elk hunt photos before too long, but there's at least two I'm going to omit for now - they are slated for two magazine covers in 2010:^)
Gary Logsdon

Offline joevan125

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: October 11, 2009, 05:12:00 PM »
Im gonna give the main beam light a try because my sure fire is the bomb.
Joe Van Kilpatrick

Offline J-KID

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: October 11, 2009, 06:38:00 PM »
I use the single battery version (real small) of the Main Beam.  It's a Fenix PD20 with 180 lumens vs. the 225 for the main beam, however, it only requires one battery.  The light is small and I'm on the same battery from early summer.  I carry 4 extra batteries in a spares carrier.  For some reason this light made more sense than the two battery model.  Plenty bright enough for anything I'll ever do and on low or medium it's perfect for chores.
Jay Kidwell
BW PLV TD
64" / 50 & 55#

Offline stickbow2442

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: October 11, 2009, 06:48:00 PM »
I have a Black Diamond headlamp and a Brinkmann hand held flash light.
Robert
Michigan Longbow Association
----------------------------

Offline Arraflinger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: October 12, 2009, 03:30:00 AM »
These flashlights are the BEST!! On a really dark night these lights on hi power will blow you away! I'm a flashlight freak . I must own a dozen flash lights --- always looking for THE Flashlight---search is over!! Mini Mags are junk
compared to this light.
A gun is like a parachute: If you need one and don't have one,you won't be needing one again

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: October 12, 2009, 07:19:00 AM »
Browning Xenon. Great brightness, not impressed with battery life though. When I lose it I'm gonna try a Main Beam.
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Online Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: October 12, 2009, 12:16:00 PM »
Wensel's light by far.

Used a surefire before that...its riding the bench now....and a maglight before that.

George, I guess if I wanted to go 'traditional light'..we could go back to the old plastic double D light that was out back when the compounds were invented....or back to candles or some such.  At some point, a mag light was 'new tech', and and referring to it as 'traditional' has got to be a joke. .....why should a new light that is better not be better.  Oh, I guess if you never shoot anything you never need a good light for blood trailing......silly me.  Sorry, but it always just seems like you want to argue for the sake of arguing.  It gets old.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline George D. Stout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: October 12, 2009, 12:21:00 PM »
Arraflinger, I will give you an address to send all your junk Maglites to 8^).  Anyone else need a Maglite repository?

Offline DJTJR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: October 12, 2009, 01:41:00 PM »
nothing is better than a surefire.  they have something in any configuration you could want and bombproof.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©