3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Shrew bow  (Read 804 times)

Offline whitetail56

• Trad Bowhunter
Shrew bow
« on: September 30, 2009, 05:49:00 PM »
I was just wondering, I have ordered a Shrew Scout recurve. It has been a year now waiting. Talked to Ron and he said he got behind, looks like it is going to be at least a couple more months. Question are these bows really worth the wait?

Online champ38

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Shrew bow
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 05:57:00 PM »
The short answer is yes, IMO worth it in every respect. I just past the one year mark, expecting my carbon/foam around Nov.
56" Shrew Classic Carbon 68@29
58" 2-P Centaur Cabon Elite 57@29

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 06:04:00 PM »
I would say yes. Many people, myself included are looking for a bow like that in the Trad Bow section on a daily basis. What are the specs of yours? Maybe I won't have to wait over a year if ya don't like it when you get it.  :rolleyes:  I don't think that will be the case. Any Shrew bow is worth its weight in gold.

... mike ...
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline JimB

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2009, 06:07:00 PM »
They are.Hang in there.There is a reason for the long waiting list.

Offline todd smith

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2009, 06:09:00 PM »
They're worth the wait if you really want one.  Plus, if you don't like it as much as you thought you would, you can always sell it.

I've been lurking trying to find a Shrew on here for quite some time now.  Just finally connected today.  It should be here next week.

As soon as it gets here I'll try it out and if it shoots like I hoe it will, it'll be my go to bow for this season.  todd
todd smith

Live wild live free

www.ToddSmithCo.com

Offline tradtusker

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2009, 06:17:00 PM »
Yes worth the wait!
There is more to the Hunt.. then the Horns

**TGMM Family of the Bow**

Andy Ivy

Offline fireball31

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2009, 06:21:00 PM »
Nope not at all worth the wait.  They are absolutely horrible.  I would just tell them to send it to an address that I will send to you in a PM. LOL  :D   You'll love it.

Offline whitetail56

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2009, 06:29:00 PM »
Thanks really looking foward to it. Just to let you know what it is like. 58" recurve, 55#@28", bocote riser with bocote overlay, curly burch laminate limbs with antler tips. I will send pics of it when I get it.

Offline kadbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2009, 06:33:00 PM »
Like any bow, the Shrew is not for everyone.  If it works for you, it is worth the wait.  I had owned a couple secondhand Shrews before ordering one (my "ELK" bow). I've had my new one for about a month and it has already served me well. It was worth it for me but I knew I liked the Shrews already.

Colorado Traditional Archers Society
Colorado Bowhunters Association
Grand Mesa Bowmen
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline WESTBROOK

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2009, 07:18:00 PM »
Yes, Absolutely!

Eric

Offline azhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2009, 07:54:00 PM »
They are worth the wait.  Have purchased a few from this site for myself and one for a friend.  Been waiting 10 months now for a new one.  Shrews are my favorite bows. Can't wait to get my foam core with carbon back classic hunter.

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2009, 11:14:00 AM »
I got my new foam/carbon Classic Hunter with Bow Bolt a couple of weeks ago after waiting 14 months for it. SPECTACULAR!!!!! I can't say for sure you will love yours, but I love mine, along with the other 7 or 8 Shrews I already owned. I ordered a second Shrew at the same time as this newest Classic Hunter, but I had Ron and Gregg hold off on the second one until I could see how the new bow shot so I could decide for sure which model of Shrew I want for the upcoming one. I have various Classic Hunters, Lil Favorites and Super Shrews, so I know what all of them shoot like. Now I need to decide what gaps I have in my lineup that I want to fill in. Right now I have to say this new one is my favorite of the bunch, and not just because it is the newest. When I can get a chronograph set up I want to do a velocity test against an almost identical foam core Classic Hunter I have that does not have carbon backing or a Bow Bolt.

Allan
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Glenn Hickey Jr.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2009, 12:28:00 PM »
Monday, to took possession of a Shrew classic hunter I found in the classifieds.  I picked up three arrows I thought would shoot from the little fellow and a killer group followed in short order.  After two days with the Shrew, I will tell you it is definitely worth the wait I will order a classic hunter with foam and carbon before the week is out!  And my I say I have never been the lest disappointed with anything I have ordered from Ron… Great guy to deal with!
Father, Glorify Thyself..
at my expense...
and send me the bill.

Offline Warden609

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2009, 12:53:00 PM »
Ron is shipping out my bow today. This will be my third and I am really excited about this one. I really like these little bows and have great success with them. Good things are worth the wait.

Offline WESTBROOK

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2009, 04:11:00 PM »
Allan, You dont have a Model-T yet do you?

Eric

Offline mwmwmb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2009, 04:22:00 PM »
I just shot one (not sure the model). WOW, I was impressed. It was 60# I usually shot 45-50 and with his arrows (different draw lengths) I was within the kill zone on a glendale buck 4 of the 6 arrows i shot. that was all i could shoot though.

the quitest bow i have not heard.

Offline Lost Arra

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2009, 05:33:00 PM »
Worth the wait?
I guess it depends on how anxious you are to hunt with one. Since Sept 1 there have been 20 Shrew ads on the Trad Gang classifieds but you have to move fast to get one.

That being said, I'm hunting this weekend with a Classic Hunter that is sweet.
mwmwmb is correct. Shrews are absolutely silent shooters.   :thumbsup:

Offline Pierre Lucas

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2009, 07:29:00 PM »
You might want to reconsider getting a Shrew Classic Hunter Carbon bolt bow because all they do is cost you money even after you get them....  

God Bless,  Pierre
>>>--TGMM Family of the Bow---->

"if you're not living on the edge, you're taking up to much space..." God Knows!
>>>----->  SBD...Bow Strings ..."not just another bow string"   www.sbdbowstrings.com

Offline Flint Head

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2009, 08:55:00 AM »
I talked to Ron yesterday and he said they were at 14 months now... maybe i can get a couple of hunts in with it before the season goes out.

Offline TheFatboy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2009, 09:27:00 AM »
I know how you feel. I'm waiting for a bow too. Difference is, I've "only" waited 5 months now. 5 long months!
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©