3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: found things in strange places????????  (Read 2131 times)

Online ozy clint

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: found things in strange places????????
« Reply #60 on: October 06, 2009, 03:46:00 AM »
roger norris- a wedgetail is an eagle we have here.  
wedgetailed eagle
Thick fog slowly lifts
Jagged peaks and hairy beast
Food for soul and body.

Border black douglas recurve 70# and 58# HEX6 BB2 limbs

Offline BradLantz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: October 06, 2009, 08:33:00 AM »
I had hunted elk hard one day and was drained, coming off the mtn I saw an old Mtn Dew can and though "SOB's trashing the wilderness" and took the moment to pick someones trash up and it was still full, unopened and drank wonderfully  :)

I found a very interesting piece of turquois on top of a pice of flat rock, wedged into a crevice behind a very large indian chief petroglyph south of Albuquerque .... also found in that area was a very old cast iron wood stove.

In Colorado I've found old camp sites littered with stuff from the 1950's or older I imagine and teeth marks from bears on almost all of it.

Offline Talondale

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: October 06, 2009, 10:47:00 AM »
In suburban woods I found a bong stashed in a hollow tree. I busted it up and put it back in.  I've found a few old cars with trees growing out of them.

In Alaska, near Wasilla, I came across the remains of someone's moose kill.  There was lots of hair and one small antler and a Kershaw knife, case, and three inter-changeable blades.  In Denali National Park I came across an aluminum cylinder while hiking.  It had teeth marks all over it.  I opened it up and inside was a telephoto lense for a professional movie camera. I reported it to the rangers but they didn't know of any missing equipment, although several filming crews had been there recently, including Wild America.  A week later he told me to keep it.  I sold it to a photo shop for cash and rolls of film.

I've also found  Fairy Stones .   :D  

Offline beaver#1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: October 06, 2009, 12:43:00 PM »
only material thing was a carbon arrow with a toy(machanicl) broadhead.  best of all i found simplicity and i found myself
have i not commanded you? be strong and of good courage;be not afraid or discouraged:for the Lord your God is with you where ever you go. joshua 1:9

Offline Bakes168

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: October 06, 2009, 01:53:00 PM »
I read an article about a guy who was hunting in the mountains when he came across a cave. Upon looking inside he discovered a human skeleton with an old flintlock rifle laying across the lap. Scraped into the cave wall was one word; "Lost". The hunter took the remains and the rifle, dug a grave and laid them to rest.

Thought that was pretty interesting.
"A hunt based only on trophies taken falls short of what the ultimate goal should be...time to commune with your inner soul as you share the outdoors with the birds, animals, and fish that live there"
-Fred Bear

James 2:19-20

USMC Infantry

Offline Randy Koleno

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: October 06, 2009, 03:15:00 PM »
Years ago, while fishing for wild brook trout in a small, Central Pa. "crick", I stopped and took a couple of drinks out of the creek with one of those orange plastic telescopic cups. I finished, took two steps upstream and found a deer, rotting in the creek, about 10 ft. from the small waterfall I just drank out of....... YUMMY.

Offline centaur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: October 06, 2009, 03:27:00 PM »
As the saying goes, "Always drink upstream from the herd".   :bigsmyl:
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: October 06, 2009, 07:05:00 PM »
Right Todd, I was thinking of the one you shot with the pistol. Thats a funny story. BTW whos the young guy in that photo?
This is a very cool thread.

I found a big chunk of AMITHEST in Michigans U.P. as well as many artifacts from the native people.
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.”
~ Francis Chan

Offline Featherbuster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: October 06, 2009, 07:13:00 PM »
I was in New Mexico elk hunting week before last and found some indian pottery.  Pretty cool designs.
We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. - Tribe Unknown

Southern Traditional Archery

Offline tcw

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: October 06, 2009, 07:35:00 PM »
When I was a kid I found a functioning men's dressy wrist watch - kept it for many years.  It was lying in a creek that I played in way out in the woods.  Band was bent a little.  Must have snagged on something and fallen off.  Wish I still had it - I think mom threw it away eventually.  Moms...

Offline Bakes168

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: October 06, 2009, 09:50:00 PM »
I was trout fishing in a river in northern Michigan with a buddy of mine. We found a pair of shorts in the river that had a nice belt buckle on it and an empty wallet in it.

I also found a very old car battery at the bottom of a river. It had six battery cylinders inside and the outside was wood. I threw it out of the river.
"A hunt based only on trophies taken falls short of what the ultimate goal should be...time to commune with your inner soul as you share the outdoors with the birds, animals, and fish that live there"
-Fred Bear

James 2:19-20

USMC Infantry

Offline Groundpounder

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: October 07, 2009, 12:15:00 PM »
TTT

Offline Wolfkiss

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: October 07, 2009, 04:29:00 PM »
One for ya Ozzy.....more of a lucky escape than a find.. but i've still got it.

I was hunting for Yaby's (crayfish) on some land my uncle had up in the Blue mountains(Sydney way).1983.

The creek was down a steep ravine, crystal clear water about 8" deep.  I felt something tickle across the top of my white foot.

Looked down and saw this,

Funnel web spider.

Pretty sure that if it had tagged me I would'nt have made it back to the top.

After being froze to the spot for what seemed a long time I finished it off with my forked stick (drowned it). Since found out they can survive for 24 hrs underwater.
Hunting was hazardous, but at least it guaranteed the freedom of the individual.

There is no doubt that the onset of farming saw the end of leasure for the majority of people, who were destined to toil in the fields.

Offline todd smith

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: October 07, 2009, 04:52:00 PM »
Ha!  Chuck, I'm not sure I remember the kid in that photo...  Or, maybe the sad thing is I still think I'm him!     "[dntthnk]"  

Yeah this is a cool thread.  Wish I had found more cool stuff to share.

Have seen lots of old wood burning stoves and abandoned trappers cabins.  Always hoped to find a vintage lever action 45-70, still looking...

Never found a stone arrow head and have looked for years...

In several camps we've started arrow trees.  Shooting broadheads up into the tree and leaving them for future hunters.

I guess in the wilderness I did find a closeness to God that was new and a feeling of insignificance to nature...  todd
todd smith

Live wild live free

www.ToddSmithCo.com

Offline Mr.Magoo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: October 07, 2009, 05:15:00 PM »
I've found pocket knives and a wagon wheel.

I also see lots of single shoes ... not pairs of shoes, just singles.  I always wonder how one shoe comes off and you don't notice till later.

Offline onewhohasfun

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: October 07, 2009, 05:54:00 PM »
I lost my granddads Marbles knife near Grayling, MI in 1976. Just sayin...........Tom
Tom

Offline flntknp17

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: October 07, 2009, 06:14:00 PM »
I was eating lunch on the north slope of a mountain pass near Miner's Delight, Wyoming in the Wind River Range several miles from any road and pushed over a rock to make a flat spot to sit.  Under the rock were 11 shell casings that I recognized as 45-70 caliber.  Later that summer I took them when I went to the Custer Battle Field and showed them to a resident archaeologist who identified them as Army issue and pre 1872.  They are copper and not brass and were not reloadable as are the brass ones.  No way to know if they guy that fired them was hunting buffalo or indians.  I always wondered why he hid them under the rock for me to find 130 years later in fantastic shape.  They were stacked neatly making me think they were put there and that the rock didn't just roll onto the pile.

Matt

Offline jcar315

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: October 07, 2009, 06:27:00 PM »
Love this thread.

Keep 'em coming
Proud Dad to two awesome Kids and a very passionate pig hunter.

Right handed but left eye dominant.

Proud to be a Native TEXAN!!!!!

"TGMM  Family of the Bow"

Offline elbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: October 07, 2009, 08:32:00 PM »
Found an arrowhead near the Walhonding river in ohio last year, my bow found a flintlock gun hammer a few years ago metal detcting, maybe it was Ethan Allens, he used to own this land.

Offline ethan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: October 07, 2009, 08:45:00 PM »
TTT

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©