3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Hunting stools/seats  (Read 482 times)

Offline trapperzeke

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hunting stools/seats
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2009, 10:42:00 AM »
Even if you're not a big guy (6' 165#) the Double Bull Magnum is the most comfortable fold up stool I've used.  The taller seat, and extra-high back support is a real difference maker for me, Mr. Bad Back himself.  It's a tad heavier than my previous 3 stools, and the included carry strap is of a completely useless design IMHO, but I strap it on a backbpack anyways.

Online shick

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2009, 12:21:00 PM »
I also got the 26" Walkstool from Duluth Trading last year.  It was a little pricey but money well spent.  Might not be for everyone but it works for me.....................Shick
TGMM Family of the Bow
DAV

Offline Autumnarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2009, 01:51:00 PM »
Thanks for all the suggestions. I currently have a couple niffty seats, which get a lot of use.
The only problem I have with them is where the pivot bars bend at 90 degrees and go through the little hole in the baracket, they squeak. I have wrapped some electrical tape around the ends, which helps sometimes, usually until there  is a deer nearby.

For the price, compared to some ofthe other ones, I guess I'll be getting a couple more of them.
...stood alone on a montaintop, starin out at a great divide, I could go east, I could go West, it was all up to me to decide, just then I saw a young hawk flyin and my soul began to rise......

Offline zipper bowss

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2009, 03:03:00 PM »
My vote goes to the magnus rack pack.This thing is very comfy,and easy to cary.it even makes a heck of a pack frame.Check it out,it is not inexpensive but it dang sure is not made cheep.I have had one for about a year and have found it very sturdy and quiet.That is when I can talk Tracy in to leting me use it.

Offline Dave Bulla

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2009, 04:27:00 PM »
On your niff-t-seat, try melting a couple drops of paraffin wax into the holes the pivot bars go through.  Birthday candles work well.  Just light and hold sideways above hole till a drop falls where you want it.
Dave

I've come to believe that the keys to shooting well for me are good form, trusting the bow to do all the work, and having the confidence in the bow and myself to remain motionless and relaxed at release until the arrow hits the mark.

Offline Irish Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2009, 10:48:00 PM »
Well, I finally bit on the Walkstool/65 myself. I've been looking at it for a while now and just ordered one.

My problem is that I don't like chairs that allow my butt to be lower than my knees. They are just too uncomfortable.

At Walkstool's 30 ounces, versus my DB Magnum's 7 pounds, that's quite a bit to shave. I thought about the Huntmore/360, but it comes in at 9 pounds, plus I think you have to re-assemble it at each location. It's a really nice chair (Huntmore) but I don't want to haul it around.

The Walkstool doesn't have any back support, so I'll have to rely on a tree for longer sitting periods. But I ordered it for natural ground blind use instead of "inside" a blind.

Offline cahaba

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2009, 11:35:00 PM »
I like my doublebull seat. I can tuff it out for about 6 hours.
cahaba: A Choctaw word that means
"River from above"

Offline horatio1226

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2009, 08:54:00 AM »
Went to Big Jims site and didn't see the seats. Does anybody have more info on them?

Does anybody know the weight limit on the Nif T seat?
"So long as the moon returns to the heavens in a bent, beautiful arc, so long will the fascination with archery in man lasts."

Offline Covey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2009, 12:34:00 PM »
If you call Jim he will tell you what you need to know, as for myself, you can't get a better seat for hunting on the ground! it's light and packs easy, it's just a great seat!!! Jason

Offline RAU

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2009, 09:56:00 PM »
heres a link to Dean Torges site and an article he wrote with instructions to build your own tree seat.

http://bowyersedge.com/treeseat.html

Online stagetek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2009, 12:30:00 AM »
I'm 6'6" 250lbs. And the Double Bull Magnum is very comfortable for me.

Offline wihill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2009, 01:40:00 AM »
If I'm up against a tree, I used the hand climber section of my Lone Wolf climber.  Basically a very expensive Torge's Seat.

If I'm in the bushes or a blind I really like my original DB chair.  The Magnum is just too big for me, and I don't like how the backrest hits my arms.  The original is just the perfect size to keep me upright and not impede my range of motion.
Support the sport!

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2009, 04:11:00 AM »
for a seat close to the ground I like the Mac Sports Turkey Seat from wally world. not super light or anything. It comes in a carry bag. It's really comfy. Nice and wide. I'm 6'2" 230 and it is plenty wide for me. The back of the seat is black though and front...that you cover when you sit...is camo...cheap sob's. anyway I like it.
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©