3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: best carbon tapered arrow??  (Read 137 times)

Offline NORCO55

• Trad Bowhunter
best carbon tapered arrow??
« on: October 04, 2009, 06:00:00 PM »
So which one is the better one to use? Looking for a tuff arrow to shoot 3d and other targets and hunt with and shoot the elusive stump!!!!! Thanks shooting a 80 spine fir shaft now. Affraid to shoot them into stumps though. So which ones would be good to use and if you know the spine please post them up. Looking for the wife gift ideas for birthdau and xmas Thanks

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: best carbon tapered arrow??
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2009, 09:03:00 PM »
Arrow Dynamics shafts are my favorite tapered shafts. I like the Hammerheads because they are incredibly tough. There is also the Hammerhead Lite. These have a very wide spine tolerance.

Allan
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Paul Mattson

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 08:47:00 AM »
I would consider the AD's the best tapered Carbon Shaft.  You have a wide range of choices.  From the Black shaft to the Wood Grain.  Add brass inserts to the shafts and a point collar now you will have one tough arrow for stump shooting.

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2009, 04:20:00 PM »
I really like my AD's,I shoot both Trads and Trad Lite's.They seem to be really tolerent of different bow draw weights.Just got some woodgrain Trads.

Offline limbcracker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2009, 04:48:00 PM »
My AD lites and AD lite hammerhead's fly great out of every bow I have shot them out of, much better than parrallel arrows. I did smash a hammerhead lite when I shot it into a 3/4 plywood tipover target with a steel blunt, 55lb recurve. I would get the point collars for stump shooting.

Offline limbcracker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2009, 04:53:00 PM »
PS: A friend put an AD trad lite on a spine tester, it tested 70lbs. I have heard of the reg trads being too stiff for some bows, never heard of a lite being too weak for anybody yet.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©