3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: wanye national  (Read 189 times)

Offline ses

• Trad Bowhunter
wanye national
« on: October 05, 2009, 01:06:00 AM »
i just moved from s.w.oh to logan been hunting the small plots of w.n. in the coner of perry co.
does any one hunt the wanye and haveing any luck
i see alot of deer on side of the road on the way home at night  :biglaugh:
if a man is alone in the woods and no woman can hear him is still wrong?

Offline George D. Stout

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: wanye national
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 10:10:00 AM »
Do you mean Wayne National Forest?  Or is there a Wanye somewhere?

Offline Cherokee Scout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 06:07:00 PM »
We hunt Wayne Ntl in southern Ohio. Had tons or rain and wind opening few days.
Tons of acorns this year.
It seems to get more crowded with out of state hunters (including me)everytime I go.
John

Offline ses

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2009, 10:51:00 PM »
yes forest i been trying to hunt close to home to save on gas so i can go every night

Offline George D. Stout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2009, 08:06:00 AM »
Well, then you just need to go every night, and find out how the hunting is 8^).  If it's really good....don't tell anyone.   Good luck.

Offline ses

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2009, 10:12:00 AM »
its been a long time since i got a deer with a bow and that was with a compound. Its my secound season hunting with a recruve and IF i get lucky i will let you known

Offline darb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2009, 01:48:00 PM »
Can be great, it has been for me on a few occassions... Check out ohiosportsman.com.  There are a couple of threads devoted to "deer camp" and WNF. There is a guy by handle of "coonskinner" that has an sort of open bowcamp, and is very willing to help a guy getting started in the area.

There are a ton of deer down there, but it can be hard narrowing down areas to get them in bow range.  It just takes time to learn the areas/terrain.  

As Sipsey Rvr said, the influx of out of state plates hunting (especially around Nelsonville) has been on the steady increase every year (the completed 33 connector didnt help).  

The areas around Logan can get a little too crowded for me, but you just got to put in the time and scout a bunch of areas.  Oh and George is right-  disregard anything positive I might have said there are no deer in WNF! Good luck it is a beautiful area.

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2009, 07:26:00 PM »
I have seen some good deer in there, but only after deer drives during gun hunting. There is also A TON of poaching that goes on out there. I can't say too much on that subject, but have made attempts to stop some of it. It can get a bit dangerous if the poachers figure out who turned them in. I have had to be careful, but there is more poaching than I can do anything about. Night hunting...selling the meat and stuff like that. Guys bragging that they are shooting with guns 8-9 bucks on public land during bow season and then using family members with land to tag the bucks as landowners.  These are just a few examples.

Sad...it really hurts everyones chances to get a deer legally.

:(   Charlie

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©