3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: It's almost time!!!!!  (Read 452 times)

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
It's almost time!!!!!
« on: October 05, 2009, 08:55:00 PM »
This morning coming home from work..... I saw 2 young basket racked bucks sparing in a field next to the highway. Man they were REALLY pushing each other around!!!!!

I've been REALLY busy,working 7 days a week,3-5 double shifts a week. I'm about as un-prepaired as I have ever been for hunting season. But today it hit me like a sledgehammer.....

It's almost time!!!!!!!!!!  :archer:
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: It's almost time!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 10:01:00 PM »
I am scrambling. Mockingbird and I are going out for a warmup this weekend, will be in hunting camp for a couple-three days. Got stuff at work that needs straightening, but these arrows need to get fletched! I need to shoot more! Where the heck are my boot liners?

Killdeer   :scared:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 10:12:00 PM »
It will all come together Chuck. All I need to do is get my clothes together and washed. Make a back up string, sharpen my Bhs. Fugure out where Im putting three more stands. Scout for some bear sign. Get a turkey. Bring my dog out for pheasants so she will let me bowhunt. Get my to do list done so the wife will let me hunt....
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline Toecutter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2009, 11:43:00 PM »
Good to see it's warming up out that way. Gimme a ring, maybe we can get a hunt in again this year.  I'll bring the clams!!!
"To be what we are, and to become what we are capable of becoming, is the only end of life." RLS

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2009, 05:37:00 AM »
Hey chuck, you know all work and no play makes Chuck a bad boy   :bigsmyl:   You better get your gear ready to go, good luck brother   :thumbsup:
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline Tdog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2009, 05:42:00 AM »
Chuck I'm in the same boat as you. Where does the time go..Good luck everyone..Be safe.

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2009, 09:02:00 AM »
I'm guessing even if your not ready Chuck, you can be in an hour or two. I know this ain't you first rodeo...lol!!!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2009, 03:12:00 PM »
LOL!!!!! Your right there Ron!!!!!

Years ago when I was a kid, I used to be "ready" about a month before the season started. I would watch every day as my Dad went about his daily "Dadly" business..... watching for any sign that he was getting "ready" for Deer Season. If I would talk to him about hunting you could always hear the excitement in his voice,but if I mentioned anything about getting "ready" he would always smile and say something like "I am ready" or "It's not even time yet".

Then,the night before opening day he would go in the closet and get out his hunting coat and go through the pockets making sure that hew had everything. Knife,drag rope,gloves,hat,etc..... He would take out his boots and stuff a pair of heavy wool socks into them and set them by the door for morning. Then he would take down his old shotgun off the rack and wipe it down with an oily rag and lean it in the corner by the door. The last thing he would do was to go in his top dresser drawer,and take out a brand new box of "deer slugs" and his new hunting license.(when he actualy bought them,I usualy never knew) He would put the box of slugs in his coat pocket,and take the old license out of his tag holder on the back of his coat. Then he would put his new license in the tag holder,and make a point of coming and telling me that he was "ready for deer season".....

Dang!!!!! I hate to think that I'm getting just like HIM!!!!! LOL    :bigsmyl:

Offline greywolf63

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2009, 05:08:00 PM »
Sound like Mr. Vic he said he was ready but come to find out he waited till the last day and realized that he had sold all of his cold weather gear, So now I have to give in (DARN IT) and let him make a list and buy some more.
Hey don't tell him that I told you.

GreyWolf
"Why do not the Indians till the ground and live as we do?" May i not ask with equal propriety, "Why do not the white people hunt and live as i do?"

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2009, 07:31:00 PM »
That will be a well-kept secret between you, me, and 21,000 TradGangers, and however many guests are gonna read this...

Killdeer   :p    :biglaugh:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2009, 08:23:00 PM »
ummmmm Greywolf, don't but him anything yet! give me till this weekend! i have a magic capote that i think is calling his name!
I go by many names but Daddy is my favorite!
listen to everyone,FOLLOW NO ONE!!
if your lucky enough to spend time in the mountains...then your lucky enough!
What ever befalls the Earth befalls the sons of the Earth.

Offline Mr.Vic

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2009, 08:23:00 PM »
Crying out loud!!! Turn my back for a few hours and my wifes talking about me to the world.   Guess thats what i get for taking her off the Reservation and showing her how to use a computor.   Well, shucks at least i ain't alone in the last minute dept...        :knothead:
“I am glad I will not be young in a future without wilderness.”
― Aldo Leopold

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2009, 08:37:00 PM »
ya better duck bro, iffin that were me that said that i would have a fryin pan flyiing at my mug!
I go by many names but Daddy is my favorite!
listen to everyone,FOLLOW NO ONE!!
if your lucky enough to spend time in the mountains...then your lucky enough!
What ever befalls the Earth befalls the sons of the Earth.

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2009, 10:15:00 PM »
Is that what happened to your mug....!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2009, 08:23:00 PM »
I saw the 2 young bucks again this morning.

It was funny,they were laying in the same field about 10 yards apart. As you looked at them,thier tail ends were towards each other and one's head was to the left and the other's head was to the right. It was almost as if they were both saying.....

DON'T YOU LOOK AT ME!!!!!  :mad:    :mad:

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2009, 08:32:00 PM »
Took a walk in the woods last weekend in Washington County and saw a nice buck.  Not a monster but enough to get the juices flowing.  He walked past me and a friend while we were checking stands. never knew we were there.  I couldn't quite tell if he was a six or eight but it really didn't matter.

Charlie
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2009, 08:32:00 PM »
They sound like book ends. How would they look on a book shelf....or better yet in the freezer...lol!!!!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©