3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: GrizzlyStik Adcock  (Read 1287 times)

Offline Danny Rowan

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: GrizzlyStik Adcock
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2009, 02:33:00 PM »
James,

The A&H stands for Adcock and Harvard though A&H is now a seperate company from O.L. Adcock bows. I do not believe O.L. has given up his rights to the design, could be wrong, but it is his design.

From what was posted above, I believe this is a new limb design by O.L. that will be different from his original ACS and that of A&H.

Danny
"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member
Retired CPO US Navy 1972-1993
Retired USCBP Supervisory Officer 1999-2017

Offline LongStick64

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2009, 02:42:00 PM »
Really don't understand the price, 1300 for a bow made in Asia. I would of thought the reason was to bring the cost down. Why would I pay the same for a bow of theirs made elsewhere. Doesn't add up to me.
Primitive Bowhunting.....the experience of a lifetime

Offline flntknp17

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2009, 03:04:00 PM »
I don't post much, but I will chime in on the Asia thing.  

I have shot olympic style archery my whole life and have extensive experience with this type of bow (most of which are made in Korea).  Other than Hoyt, basically all of the world class limbs are made in Korea as they have a tradition of archery, sound engineering, and very precise production to a high standard.  These three things allow them to make a bows that are the highest performing ones out there.  From my experience, even my newest Hoyt limbs can't hang with the best Korean ones in the speed deptartment.  

Point is, the bow is being made in Korea (IMHO) because they are capable of making superb bows (as nice as a handcrafted one) in a production setting..........something we really don't do in the USA.  It is not made in "Asia" to save money (I would guess) since most nicer Korean set ups run higher than their Hoyt or Euro counterparts already.

Just my $0.02

matt

p.s. can't wait to try one if it is actuallt being built from the ground up as a heavy arrow slinger.

Offline LongStick64

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2009, 03:30:00 PM »
Matt,
I'm not trying to bash Asia but if they are making the bow in Asia because it will be made better, given the price, would that then mean that the American made version will cost less.
Primitive Bowhunting.....the experience of a lifetime

Offline John Havard

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2009, 03:32:00 PM »
Danny,
A&H Archery owns all rights to the ACS design and patent.  O.L. has the right to personally build a limited number of bows each year utilizing the patented technology but he cannot use such technology when working with others.  

Both he and Ed have assured me that this bow will have limbs with a conventional cross section.  No doubt they will work closely with WinWin to use top-notch materials, but it cannot and will not be based on the patented technology now owned exclusively by A&H.

I have wished both of them well in this new venture!

Offline Greg Owen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2009, 03:39:00 PM »
It will be interesting to see what this bow can do. It looks like this bow is gonna cost more than my car.  I am hoping to try the ACS design when I get to Michigan in a week or so. As for the bow being made in Asia, I knew about the Koreans and their archery success even before I started archery. I look forward to the first usage reports.
Greg  >>>>>--------------->
A Traditional Archer and Vegetarian.

Offline Greg Owen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2009, 05:01:00 PM »
I just went to the site and watched the videos. The first one is interesting. An unfletched arrow with a broadhead on it. It looks like it came out straight. I would think the wings were on the wrong end of the arrow.

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2009, 05:12:00 PM »
It's going to be a very nice product. Alaska Bowhunting Supply wanted to add a bow line to compliment their accesories. They looked no further than their ole personal friend O.L Adcock to help them with the engineering. Manufacture wise,they found a high quality company in the Koreans that need no introduction. Simple math here guys. It seems to me ABS is just trying to put another quality product out there. They probably will not sell it at cost since they have bills to pay like the rest of us.  :)
Aim down your arrow because thats where it's going.

Offline Greg Owen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2009, 05:28:00 PM »
I suppose its like me- I owe, I owe so it's off to work I go. Or- I owe, I owe, so I gotta sell this bow.

I am looking forward to the test results on this bow.  I doubt I will ever afford one, but will be interested to see how improved the design is.

Offline James Wrenn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2009, 06:12:00 PM »
Well the smartest thing they are doing is having it built overseas.They have the production facilities to build it and have it on the shelf before someone is too old to use one.  :D  I have much rather have one built in a factory somewhere using the technology for consistancy than waiting 2 years for one built in a garage somewhere.Ideas are great but you have to have the means of produceing goods to sale or it means nothing. jmho
....Quality deer management means shooting them before they get tough....

Offline DennyK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2009, 06:24:00 PM »
If it's not made in the USA I ain't interested. Just my opinion.
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Offline Benny Nganabbarru

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2009, 07:14:00 PM »
This Aussie would still prefer to buy American-made bows.
TGMM - Family of the Bow

Offline TomMcDonald

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2009, 08:08:00 PM »
Originally posted by joebuck:
I have shot the bow Tom, so what your spin about a marketing ploy?
I don't understand the question.

Offline StickBowManMI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2009, 09:40:00 PM »
I agree we need jobs in this country without outsourcing more jobs overseas. Especially here in Michigan.

Offline Ricker

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2009, 09:52:00 PM »
Kinda hurts the soul....

We can build those bows.

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2009, 05:38:00 AM »
Lots of good or great bows to be had without a long wait. Custom is still custom.
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.”
~ Francis Chan

Offline Bob Morrison

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2009, 10:25:00 AM »
I can understand why they will be built overseas, With all the unemployement here, I still can not find good help. With 3 full time workers in our shop plus me in the office (Barb is full time in the office) and me in the shop, we are still 3-6 months on new bows. And need to do more and need more help. At 62 I would like more time to hunt and travel while I still can.I would also like some benfits for our employees, It can not be done the way things are now.
Custom doesn't mean One person making one bow at a time in his garage or basement. Custom homes , Cars,are never built by one person. But by people that are very good at one particlar trade all working together. The same thing with bows.
I do know the recurve limbs from Korean are some of the best shooting limbs we can get here in the US. They have the support form there goverment to stay on top. Here we have, who knows 50,100,150?? Custom bowyers most of which are 1 man operations in there spare time or full time with 2 years waiting lists, for what??? a prettier bow that shoots 3 fps faster. Very few will share ideas to really improve todays bows. Some do....

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2009, 12:23:00 PM »
"With all the unemployement here, I still can not find good help."

Sadly thats true of alot of place's and differnt profession's.

Too bad you'd be such a long commute  Being a toolmaker gets old sometimes a change of pace could be nice LOL ofcourse the grass is always greener on the other side reguardless of which side you stand on

As for the bow Good luck guys
Shoot straight and have FUN!!

Offline artifaker1

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2009, 12:59:00 PM »
I'll take a set of Ohio made limbs please Bob. Thanks.
Love is fleeting; stone tools are forever

Offline Bob Morrison

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2009, 06:51:00 PM »
Larry, I got skins on your Ohio built limbs this evening, should be about a week...

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©