3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: GrizzlyStik Adcock  (Read 1286 times)

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: GrizzlyStik Adcock
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2009, 02:38:00 AM »
Tom McDonald...i'm a garage bowyer at times  :) , i have shot the prototype O.L designed and was made overseas. I have read the "press release' concerning the bow. I know a little bit on how a good bow should perform in the field and have had a little success in the past at some archery events that decorate my office.so i know how to shoot one....In short, i think the marketing is justified IMO..it is a nice shooting bow.It's O.L. Adcock engineered. :)  enough said.......now your in where? Australia ? what are your experiences shooting and handling this bow that you profess this is just a "marketing ploy?".
Aim down your arrow because thats where it's going.

Offline Benny Nganabbarru

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2009, 04:10:00 AM »
Joe, the term "marketing ploy" may not be one I agree with, but I'd like to observe with some bewilderment that some top-notch gentlemen in the industry take some poetic licence to sell their excellent products. Again, these are fine gentlemen who help me out a lot, providing excellent service and products. I will continue to be a repeat customer for these companies, but I find their claims to be somewhat over-the-top:

"Learn how to shoot this bow, and you will take more game than you would with any other." I love the bow, but hmmmm...

"The World's Most Deadly Broadhead!" Really? Well, obviously Ed Ashby got it wrong by not recommending it to hunt buffalo with, as by the sounds of it, it would easily take elephant and hippo.

"Catalogue for the Master Bowhunter." So, if I don't have any of this gear, the outcome won't be what it could? Poor old Howard and Fred - they never really cut the grade according to this.

Again, these statements are made by businesses owned by first-class gentlemen, and I'll continue to support them, because I really do like some of their products.

I must be pretty old-fashioned, because even though I should just accept that this is part of living in a modern, business-driven world, such claims don't sit well with me.

Once again, I would like to add that I can still like and respect a bloke even if I don't agree with everything he might write about his product.
TGMM - Family of the Bow

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2009, 05:56:00 AM »
Bob, I Agree with your statement about custom Bows. I was a "custom" home builder for a long time,I had the job of meeting the customers wants. No doubt the Koreans build some great bows But they,In my opinion, are production bows. Nothing wrong with that. A customers choice will be poundage and length. A Chevy is not a custom car. They may be a good car, but not custom. Truth be told tho, with O.L's design and win win making it, I am sure it will shoot. custom or not. It just seems wrong that we have to get SO MUCH of our stuff from over seas.
Ben, it's been said.."If you say it enough, it must be true".
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.”
~ Francis Chan

Offline Bill Tell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2009, 09:03:00 AM »
I just don't get it though.  If it is production made how can it be custom?  You aren't going to be able to ask for antler tips and snake backing.  So to me I don't understand.  

Custom
made or done to order for a particular customer

If I were to spend that kind of money I would want it to be one of a kind... for a particular customer.  Like you can get from Morrison.

Oh foam core limbs with a copper head backing, my own pick of some sweat looking wood that Bob has all dried and ready to go with a smooth draw for my 26 inches at 48 pounds.  Someday.
"I'm going to find my direction magnetically. " Eddie Vedder

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2009, 11:09:00 AM »
Ben , i am having a hard time to find any evidence in your claims that ABS used " poetic justice" you say they have. Lets break down each of your claims.

You stated
"Learn how to shoot this bow, and you will take more game than you would with any other."
Here is ABS ad anouncing their bow.Cannot find your claim.

You stated;
"Catalogue for the Master Bowhunter." So, if I don't have any of this gear, the outcome won't be what it could?

heres the cover of ABS catalog. At the bottom it states it's is Master Hunting Catalog....not a peep about your claim for the master Bowhunter. Cabelas has a Master Catalog.etc.

You stated. ABS claims
"The World's Most Deadly Broadhead!"
i can not find this statement anywhere. I did find where ABS states the head as the Ultimate head on Big heavy bone game but that's understandable since they built this head from Ashby studies. Their peer group for example Snuffer also claims to be the Ultimate 3 Blade head, ABowyer, finest custom head, Simmons sharks " are the best BH on market today....etc...etc.

In closing Ben I respect your oppinion and views but i do not find any of your statements accurate by the "Poetic marketing" slogans you have put in ABS's mouth. Exaggerations are a dangerous tool in open forums such as this. Lets call a Kangeroo a kangeroo on here not a Wallaby. :)   respectfully Joey Buchanan, lifelong ABS customer

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2009, 11:21:00 AM »
Ben never said those statements were by ABS.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Steve H.

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2009, 12:07:00 PM »
Joey, You just misread and misquoted Ben.

Offline rastaman

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2009, 12:26:00 PM »
Soooo, non-custom made, asian made, overpriced, i still can't wait to shoot one!   ;)    :campfire:
TGMM Family of the Bow

:archer:                                               

Randy Keene
"Life is precious and so are you."  Marley Keene

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2009, 12:50:00 PM »
No i didn't Steve, he politely insinuates with craftful mis-qoutes on a thread that is Titled.... Grizsticks Adcock.

Vern...name of this thread is Grizstick Adcock...so Ben is talking about another bow?

There is a saying that goes something like this..."dont tinkle down my back and say it's raining!"

There is no question in my mind Ben was needling at ABS due to the fact he posts his oppinion under this thread. otherwise i will stand corrected.

I'm still waiting on his countryman Tom Campbell to prove his marketing ploy theory?

I read this type of bush wacking on here all the time. I find it tasteless and unprofessional. We have many fine companies on here that reputation is everything. Most of these suppliers and vendors struggle to pay their light bill or employees. Yet i read guys on here throwing vendors to the curb for a decision the company has to make just to stay afloat.

If some of you could walk in these trad vendors shoes for a day, i think your fingers would not be as quick.

Offline Steve H.

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2009, 01:25:00 PM »
No he didn't Joey.  He was painting a generic picture of archery advertsising to make a point and NOT of ABS specifically.

I personnaly don't think Ben would do what you said he did.

Or are Vermonster13 and I both wrong and need reading comprehension lessons?

Offline JohnV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2009, 01:52:00 PM »
Joey, you are letting facts get in the way of a good argument!
Proud Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2009, 01:57:00 PM »
Steve , what's your dog in this fight? You kill your buff with Ben or pimping a future trip?  :)

Only Ben can tell us was he ribbing ABS.

But heres the coincidence

I challenged his countryman Tom on "marketing ploy" statement.

Then Ben chimes in with three examples of marketing he does not like
examples were

A bow
A broadhead
A Catalog

The Title of this thread "Grizstic Adcock"..ABS  has it own line of BHs , a Nice catalog called Master and they are coming out with a bow.........

It's not raining either.

This would be same example if i posted under a thread titled "Snuffers are awesome"......then i posted "the 3 blade is really nice head but the spot welding is questionaable and lacks in penetration".....then someone calls me on the carpet to prove it and i say...."I didn't say it was Snuffer....no where in my thread i said it was snuffer".............zip your pants up Steve!!!!!!!

Offline Steve H.

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2009, 02:21:00 PM »
I am the same as you in this Joey, I have no dog in this fight, not sure why you think you do and are acting so rabid, or are you attempting to pimp some gear from Ed.  My pants are zipped up, yours?

Offline CJC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2009, 02:46:00 PM »
easy boys.  the thread is about the bow.  lets all take a breath and go hunting.

Offline Greg Owen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2009, 03:20:00 PM »
I have thought alot about this bow and have asked ABS alot of questions about it.  I have never shot an ACS bow (I know this will NOT be an ACS) but what I hear about them is they are sweet. Will this bow outperm that? Time will tell. I have never made a bow before so maybe I am all wet. Is it possible for a machine to tiller a bow and make it shoot its sweetest? Many bowyers make individual bows, but they use the same molds don't they? As for being made outside the USA, I just threw away the banana I had in my lunch because it came from Ecuador, then threw my lunch box away cause it was made in China, then my laptop because it was made by Japan. All 3 things were from American companies. Will I buy this new bow? Maybe, but its an individual's choice. Each has to decide for his/her own. Now I am gonna take CJC's advice and go hunting because my boss is gonna fire me anyway when he see's I threw away my company laptop.
Greg  >>>>>--------------->
A Traditional Archer and Vegetarian.

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2009, 03:50:00 PM »
Steve asks."not sure why you think you do and are acting so rabid,"

here's my dog in the hunt. Original thread asks how the bow shot.
1. I have shot the bow and was one of the original field testers....thats a big dog point
2. I volunteer my time and help out with some small projects for ABS from time to time..click on their website, my info is on there...strong dog point there
3. i have had a personal and business ( customer) relationship with Ed for over 18 years..my most important dog point there.

Rabid? you say ... gosh i hope so! i do have some involvement with this company and a tiny bit of involvement this bow start up.

So Steve your whole involvement in this thread has been what? have you talked about the topic?

Your jabs and clever writing are funny and i take them friendly.... :) ....but contribute something instead of stirring the pot.

Offline Steve H.

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: October 13, 2009, 04:02:00 PM »
My whole dog in this thread Joey is that you jumped to conclusions and stretched what someone said into something they DIDN'T say in a very rude manor.

Ben is one of the single most polite individuals on TradGang and was undeserving on the above critisism and I have had several PM's agreeing with me that your remarks were out of context.

BTW, I agree Ed is a nice man and beyond that I have no need or use for the bow in question, not my style, but I think you have given him some negative publicity by association.

Offline Greg Owen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2009, 04:20:00 PM »
joebuck,

Are you allowed to give your impressions of the bow since you have shot it? I might have missed it or maybe you are sworn to secrecy by a non disclosure agreement. I would like to hear about your experience with this bow if you can share. Thanks

Greg
Greg  >>>>>--------------->
A Traditional Archer and Vegetarian.

Offline Danny Rowan

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2009, 04:22:00 PM »
Somebody close this thread. We do not need this kind of garbage on TG. Ben is a fine man and you have taken his post out of context. nuff said. Steve I commend you for sticking up for Ben, nuff said.

Who cares where a bow is made, to each his own.

Lets all go hunting!
"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member
Retired CPO US Navy 1972-1993
Retired USCBP Supervisory Officer 1999-2017

Offline Matt D.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: October 13, 2009, 04:22:00 PM »
I've owned an O.L. bow, thought it was fantastic. I have a bunch of stuff with the ABS name on it, and think they are all high quality items. I have a pair of W&W limbs on my DAS, and would put them up against any limb ever made. I can't wait to see a bow that's a joint venture between these three.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©