3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: monocular??  (Read 360 times)

Offline tex-archer

• Trad Bowhunter
monocular??
« on: October 06, 2009, 07:19:00 PM »
Anyone ever use a monocular for hunting? If so what brand, power, and where did you get it?
Aim small, miss small!!

Offline Mr.Vic

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: monocular??
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 08:14:00 PM »
Yep, Camo Tasco 10x25  on sale at local farm store. Less than 20.00 if i lose it no biggy. works pretty good, fits in my pocket.
“I am glad I will not be young in a future without wilderness.”
― Aldo Leopold

Offline Dave Bulla

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 09:34:00 PM »
Yup, Swedish WW 2 roof prism 6x monocular from Sportsman's Guide.  Liked it enough I ordered a second one.  Vintage 1940ish but Swedish quality with a cool leather case and a yellow tinted lens filter that can be used for very bright or dim conditions.  Don't remember the price but I think it was under $40.  I just like old stuff....
Dave

I've come to believe that the keys to shooting well for me are good form, trusting the bow to do all the work, and having the confidence in the bow and myself to remain motionless and relaxed at release until the arrow hits the mark.

Offline trashwood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 10:03:00 PM »
I bought one of the one Dave Bulla did after he told me about it.  Mine has the artillery grid in it.  

they are 6x.  what I use it for is to sort out the button bucks from the yearling does.  to make sure the sows are dry and what size they are.  works great.

rusty

Offline Doug Treat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2009, 11:04:00 PM »
I use a monocular that I bought @ Sportsman's Warehouse for about $10 if I remember right.  It's 6X and the brand is Vanguard.  I got tired of carrying around full-sized binos and I have trouble focusing both eyes with them anymore for some reason (even with higher quality binos) so the little monocular works well for me.

Offline Raminshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2009, 01:40:00 PM »
I use a 10 power monocular I picked up from a sporting goods store because I had gone hunting out of town and forgot my Bino's!  The monocular is much easier and faster to use when hunting on the ground.  I would not use it for extensive glassing sessions but they are light and fast to use and work great.
Keep flinging those shafts!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©