3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: wool for elk hunting  (Read 374 times)

Offline cheech1

• Trad Bowhunter
wool for elk hunting
« on: October 06, 2009, 09:35:00 PM »
who makes good wool clothing for elk hunting in oregon. i'm from australia and not sure how cold it will be so any suggestions will be thanful

Offline ThomastaylorIII

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: wool for elk hunting
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 09:37:00 PM »
DAY ONO CAMO.. great quality and great clothing..
Only forgiveness will finally end this,
There won't be a witness if we both fall, Theres never a hero in a battle of evil, there's never a winner of the quick draw.

Offline Tracks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 09:42:00 PM »
What month will you be hunting in and will you be hunting east or west of the Cascade Mountains (different climates)?

Offline cheech1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 10:01:00 PM »
i'm not sure on the month yet but it will be eastern oregon i was told to bring a good warm sleeping bag though so i guess it will be cold

Offline el_kirk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2009, 12:58:00 AM »
I actually hunt in an old Swan-Dri bush shirt that I inherited from a friend.  Sometimes its's too hot, sometimes it gets layered with other stuff, but I love it!
Since they're out of New Zealand (a bit closer to you) maybe you can find their stuff?  I think the one I have is 30 years old and it hasn't disintegrated yet!

Online Ben Maher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2009, 01:16:00 AM »
Long live Swandri ... best clothing for the cold you can get ...

" All that is gold does not glitter , not all those who wander are lost "
J.R.R TOLKIEN

Offline cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2009, 08:03:00 AM »
King of the Mountain is been my choice for more than 15 years.I use it for elk hunting since the double layer on the shoulder and front make it more waterproof than the other appareils.Same is for the pant that features double layer sitting area and knees,so you can sit on the snow too. It also improve its performances after every laundry
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline Tree Killer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2009, 11:11:00 AM »
Originally posted by cheech1:
who makes good wool clothing for elk hunting in oregon. i'm from australia and not sure how cold it will be so any suggestions will be thanful
If you're coming over for a general season (Aug/Sept) hunt, you probably won't need wool. If you plan on hunting from a treestand over a wallow or waterhole then wool isn't bad, but you can get by with some longjohns under fleece.

I have King of the Mountain wool, but mostly wear it in Nov/Dec during our late season Blacktail hunt. Filson & Woolrich are good products. Columbia makes a wool camo, but it's a little more liteweight then the others.

What month you going to be here? Where you plan on hunting, coast range, Cascades, Blues/Wallowas?
"stickbows, putting the arch back in archery"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©