3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: New skinny string from SBD... impressive results  (Read 1913 times)

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: New skinny string from SBD... impressive results
« Reply #60 on: December 29, 2009, 09:11:00 PM »
Great quality and even better customer service. Ordered my second one for my other Zipper and can't wait to have it to shoot in the league this winter.
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline bshunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: December 29, 2009, 10:45:00 PM »
SBD strings are awesome, try one, if you don't like it, pierre will take it back, but you will probably order 5 or 6 more like me!

Offline Margly

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: December 30, 2009, 03:46:00 AM »
I have the SBD stings on 6 different bows and actually all of them have become faster shooters  :thumbsup:  

Great quality and the bows is also dead silence with this set up. Their built in acrylic fiber silencers and acrylic fiber wrapped loops really do the trick  :D  

And the service from Pierre is one of the best out there, and I`ll recommend him to anybody who want the best string for their bow.

Margly
With a healthy dose of madness and bad memory, life`s a wonderful journey      :thumbsup:    

-----------------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline BWallace10327

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: January 31, 2010, 12:25:00 AM »
What kind of life expectancy can you expect from these bows?
***$ Brent Wallace $***
NRA Life Time Member

Offline BWallace10327

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: January 31, 2010, 01:21:00 PM »
what i meant to say is what kind of life expectancy can you expect from these strings on most bows.
***$ Brent Wallace $***
NRA Life Time Member

Offline pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: February 10, 2010, 11:07:00 PM »
ttt

Offline Traxx

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: April 03, 2010, 01:58:00 PM »
TTT,
Again.Im curious as to the answers to this question,now that guys have been useing them for a while now.
Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye. Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark.

Offline motorhead7963

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: April 03, 2010, 08:55:00 PM »
OK" the evidence is overwhelming I am going to order a string or two in a few days I have to figure out my string colors first.

Offline wapitimike1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: April 10, 2010, 06:41:00 AM »
Got mine in the mail yesterday. What's that old Monkeys song "I'm a Believer". Man those strings are what everyone's crowing about. Fast and silent much better then my last thin string. Very good product

Offline Big Ed

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: April 10, 2010, 02:18:00 PM »
Heck if they make the Mad Man happy I am sold.LOL
"Get kids involved in the outdoors"

Offline Deadbolt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: April 10, 2010, 02:38:00 PM »
Ive gone through alot of bows and even more strings from many makers.  that being said I will never buy a string from anyone else.

Aside from the new material the strings are made to perfection....zero flaws!!!!

The skinny strings Ive used in the past were great but these SBD are that much better.  Quieter, better quality, and my bow shoots like a dream.  I have bought several of them and love em!

I am most impressed with how quiet they are though...I'd get rid of all the other benefits if I could just keep the quietness of these strings!  I will be ordering 2 more for backups fon my hunting/3D bows.

Offline excelpoint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: April 10, 2010, 07:21:00 PM »
Just recieved my SBD string from Brave Heart archery for my Jim Jones Firefly. Have put about 100 arrows through it so far and have had minimal creep, probably less then a lot of other strings I've used. Very impressed so far.
"A hunt based only on trophies taken falls short of what the ultimate goal should be ... time to commune with your inner soul as you share the outdoors with the birds, animals, and the fish that live there."
Fred Bear

Offline Flying Dutchman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: April 11, 2010, 01:47:00 PM »
I think SBD strings last long as well. I shot a few 1000 arrows with mine and it doesn't show any wear. I do wax it carefully though.
It are great strings. They are so fast that it is like having a new bow. I am very happy with SBD and I am waiting now for my second here in the Netherlands.
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that string! [/i]                            :rolleyes:              
Cari-bow Peregrine
Whippenstick Phoenix
Timberghost ordered
SBD strings on all, what else?

Offline BWallace10327

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: April 11, 2010, 06:32:00 PM »
I have worn out two of these strings.  3000 arrows is about normal it seems(to me, the way i shoot and the bow i shoot). Is that comparable to what everyone else is getting? I was a little skeptical at first, but they are growing on me.  Well worth the price tag they carry.
***$ Brent Wallace $***
NRA Life Time Member

Offline paul11

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: April 11, 2010, 06:43:00 PM »
ordered 4 sbd's last tuesday, going to take ten days. With all the claims of improvement, it will be like getting 4 new bows, but with way less wait time and money! I can't wait!   :D

Offline HATCHCHASER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: April 11, 2010, 08:14:00 PM »
I just got one. Very nicely made. I asked for small loops and it came out perfect.
It's not the arrival, it's the journey.

Offline Flying Dutchman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: April 12, 2010, 01:32:00 PM »
Originally posted by BWallace10327:
I have worn out two of these strings.  3000 arrows is about normal it seems(to me, the way i shoot and the bow i shoot). Is that comparable to what everyone else is getting? I was a little skeptical at first, but they are growing on me.  Well worth the price tag they carry.
I was one answer above you, but I'll type it again: I have shot a few 1000 arrwos with my first SBD string and it still doesn't show any wear. I believe 10.000 arrows or one year is normal. I DO wax it very frequently though, seems that helps a lot!
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that string! [/i]                            :rolleyes:              
Cari-bow Peregrine
Whippenstick Phoenix
Timberghost ordered
SBD strings on all, what else?

Offline JoeArizona

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: April 12, 2010, 02:20:00 PM »
I recently received my SBD string and was impressed.  My arrows were a bit stiff for my bow so I waited for the new string before further tuning.  I'm glad I did because now I'm throwing darts and it really does seem faster also.  It feels different on the fingers, but for me it's a GOOD different...seems like my release is better with the skinny string.
It didn't quiet my bow at all though...I'm still working on that issue.
Great string, will be ordering backups soon.

Joe
Joe

Peter's Laws - Rule #7, "If you can't beat them, join them...then beat them!"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©