3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: I like doing business with Tradgangers  (Read 733 times)

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
I like doing business with Tradgangers
« on: October 07, 2009, 04:03:00 PM »
I spoke briefly about this with Terry a couple months ago...but we didn't get very far and the phone rang and someone had to hang up...

I know we have too many forums now...it's tough to monitor everything already on here.

But here's what I'm thinking about.

If I need a surveyor- a guy who makes t-shirts- a lawyer- a plumber- an electrician- I would much rather give my business to someone on this site than someone out of the phone book.

I just would.

How do you guys feel about it?

Obviously, there would have to be a real understanding that TG and Terry and Rob are not responsible if something goes wrong as a result of you and the other party doing business together- that's a given. But I just think it's something I want to explore further.

Let's see what everyone thinks. And if you can come up with reasons NOT to do this let's hear them
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline rastaman

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: I like doing business with Tradgangers
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 04:05:00 PM »
i think that is a great idea Ray!
TGMM Family of the Bow

:archer:                                               

Randy Keene
"Life is precious and so are you."  Marley Keene

Offline legends1

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 04:10:00 PM »
I would think it would be a wonderful idea as long as they carried thier own workmans comp when needed.Just would be concerned about the liability.I would also rather use guys from Tradgang.
Mike

Offline mjc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2009, 04:11:00 PM »
I think its a great idea

Offline BobW

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2009, 04:29:00 PM »
Agree.  I would prefer to use someone from here over letting my fingers do the walking in the phone book.

Maybe something similar to the "Trade-A-Hunt" type forum where there could be an "I Need" posting opportunity.  Let any communications after that be PM or e-mail.  No on-forum solicitation - unless they purveyor wants to become a sponsor.

Just some random thoughts.

BobW
"A sagittis hungarorum libera nos Domine"
>>---TGMM-Family-of-the-Bow--->
Member: Double-T Archery Club, Amherst, NY
St. Judes - $100k for 2010 - WE DID IT!!!!

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2009, 04:29:00 PM »
Great idea Ray!  I already try to use sponsors here whenever I can.  And I would much prefer to use Trad Gangers for anything else that I could.  Not sure where you might go with this, but I think it's got great potential.  Traditional archers, and Trad Gangers in particular, are some of the most honest people I have ever met and it just makes sense to do business with them whenever possible.
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline Blasterjdh

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2009, 04:31:00 PM »
Ray - had the same idea basically the other day - I listed a job announcement for a specialty at my site location before I went to the resume file I keep on-hand. Unfortunately, I did not receive any TradGang responses - But thought it was worth a try---- Of course I ran the idea thru the Trad Site administrators 1st....
EOD Motto: Initial Success or Total Failure

Offline onewhohasfun

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2009, 04:33:00 PM »
Keeping it in the trad-gang family would be great!
Tom

Offline todd smith

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2009, 04:39:00 PM »
Works for me.

:thumbsup:    :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:    

todd
todd smith

Live wild live free

www.ToddSmithCo.com

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2009, 05:14:00 PM »
I like the Idea. Its like looking for a trad hog hunting guide. Why go to a firearms site to look for a trad bow hunting guide, when you can look here.

Now for me I used to be a union Electrician. Be cause of my health I don't do it anymore but could talk someone threw it. Or answer any questions before you?anyone picks a Electrician near them.

Maybe some can do a How-to, like building bows & arrows. How to wire a dimmer switch or a fan and so forth.

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2009, 05:20:00 PM »
times like these might be good!  :)
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Offline JEFF B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2009, 05:27:00 PM »
well if i lived in the USA i would say hell yeah why not at least we can trust one another.  :thumbsup:
'' sometimes i wake up Grumpy;
other times i let her sleep"

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Offline jrbows

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2009, 05:42:00 PM »
Gud idee yew kin sind me all yer speling kwestions fer frea!!!
SAVE A STUMP SHOOT A DEER

Offline acadian archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2009, 05:53:00 PM »
well if anyone of you ever need a surveyor or engineer in Nova Scotia give me a shout. Just remember to bring your bow so we can shoot!!!
44# Chek mate Hunter II

"shoot what you like, like what you shoot"

Offline tradtusker

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2009, 07:23:00 PM »
Originally posted by BobW:
Agree.  I would prefer to use someone from here over letting my fingers do the walking in the phone book.

Maybe something similar to the "Trade-A-Hunt" type forum where there could be an "I Need" posting opportunity.  Let any communications after that be PM or e-mail.  No on-forum solicitation - unless they purveyor wants to become a sponsor.

Just some random thoughts.

BobW
i like Bobs thinking
There is more to the Hunt.. then the Horns

**TGMM Family of the Bow**

Andy Ivy

Offline John Havard

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2009, 08:43:00 PM »
Excellent notion Ray.  Besides the fact that I really liked the look of your knives I liked the fact that you are a TG'er - that's why I had you build me one.  As I mentioned earlier, it did a great job on that gnarly bull moose this September!

Most folks contact me when they need a male model (if Brad Pitt isn't available), but a few others call when they need a bow.  Speaking of which, you probably need an ACS don't you Ray?

Offline J. Holden

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2009, 09:49:00 PM »
Hey, if your house is on fire, call the nearest fire dept.  I may not be available.  Otherwise, sounds like a great idea.

-Jeremy
Pslam 46:10

"A real man rejects passivity and takes responsibility to lead, provide, protect, and teach expecting to receive the greater reward." Dr. Robert Lewis

Online frank bullitt

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2009, 10:03:00 PM »
Ray, yes, yes! You mentioned this awhile back on the post about " what do you do?' I think it's a great idea! We need to help each other and can!

A great country is "not" without the great people! Good shootin, Steve

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2009, 09:59:00 PM »
There is a real concern on the part of the moderators that a forum like this might get real messy..and if you think about it you can see why.

How can that be avoided? Each person posts what he does, and then there's no communication allowed on the forum? Everything else beyond that posting by each member is handled by email directly or the phone?

Will that do it?

If there is no communication, and its strictly understood that Terry, Rob, and TradGang have no responsibility for whatever occurs on any transaction between members would that make it work? Sort of like the Sponsors Forum?

What say ye???
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2009, 10:30:00 PM »
I kinda liked your original take better, Ray.

Whatever anyone needs, they post it. But then I like the rest of your latest concept: After it's posted, direct contact only.

Only drawback, and it's always caveat emptor (?) in that without the Tradgang, there is no monitoring those who might pull up a need and run with it and scam the shorts off folks...

The other would work...everyone post their own skills set, but gracious...How many 10's of thousands registered do we have now? Seems a lot smaller # of posts if those needing something, would post and then only direct contacts be allowed to keep it from getting messy.

Anything that would jeapordize Tarz or Rob, given what a incredible service this site already is, would be inexcusable.  

It also would be SWEET to allow folks a "jobs available" thing where it was among our own...
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©