3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: New Sponsor - Tall Tines Archery  (Read 1345 times)

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: New Sponsor - Tall Tines Archery
« Reply #60 on: October 14, 2009, 10:38:00 PM »
Billy,

Send me the pics when you get it and I will get them up here for you.  Same with your trophy photos...  :thumbsup:

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: October 15, 2009, 03:03:00 AM »

PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline joe vt

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: October 15, 2009, 09:06:00 AM »
wow billy, that is a SWEEET looking TT. i love zircote wood and those kingwood veneers are killer.

what was your reasoning for the short riser?

lastly, why are you a lefty? thats just plain wrong.....  :)
~ joe vt  >>>~~~~~~~~>

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: October 15, 2009, 10:46:00 AM »
Joe--I should send you my TT--your pictures would do them proper justice!

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: October 15, 2009, 11:34:00 AM »
Billy, Billy, Billy Shipp....is it your goal to own ALL the sweet looking bows in the world??!!

Let me know how she shoots.

Allen

Online CDR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: October 15, 2009, 07:52:00 PM »
Alright guys, I have seen and heard enough, time for me to order!!!

Offline CHAD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: October 15, 2009, 07:59:00 PM »
Them are some great looking bows.Mine should be in the works real soon.

Chad

Offline mscampbell75

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: October 15, 2009, 08:18:00 PM »
Biggie, That is a beautifull bow.  

That is the woods/bow I hope to order after the 1st of the year.
Psalm 86:11   Teach me thy way, O LORD; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name.

Black Creek Banshee T/D  49#@28
Iron Mountain R/D Longbow  53#@28
70's Bear Kodiak Hunter 45#@28

Offline billy shipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: October 15, 2009, 09:07:00 PM »
I recieved the new TallTines from Brian today, and probably ran at least 150 arrows through it.

The bow 60" long, 54#'s @28", sporting an drop dead gorgeous Ziricote riser, with highly figured Kingwood veneers, and horn tips.

There is no doubt that Brian poured his heart and soul into building this bow. I am a stickler on finishes, and grips. I have had other bowyers back up if you requested something different from what they are accustomed to doing every day....not Brian. He nailed every special request I had, and was more than happy to do it. Brian understands the word CUSTOM, and he's going to do his best to give you exactly what you want.

I assembled the bow, tied on a nock set, stuck a bear weatherest on it, grabbed a hand full of 2018 arrows, and started shooting....perfect arrow flight, no wobble, no fishtailing, no porposing, just a nice, tight, slow rotating ball of fletch to the target....zero tuning required.

Everyone probably remembers the TV commercial with GRANNY saying WHERE'S THE BEEF. Well....Brian is putting all the beef into his risers, that's where it went.

The trend lately seems to be with bowyers refining risers, building them smaller,narrower, shorter, and shorter, and this may have evolved due to customer request, and I'm not knocking that, but that isn't what you get with Brian's bows.

My riser is one of his shorter versions, 15 1/2" long, but it is all there. The first thing I noticed was the overall mass weight, and had no doubt about the bow being stable....rock solid.

I had seen a lot of pictures of Brian's risers, and thought I pretty well had that figured out....WRONG....I knew I was seeing a bump or hump on the front of the riser, which aids in positive repeated hand placement, but the riser wasn't anything like what I THOUGHT I knew beforehand. This is the most different and uniquely styled riser I have ever seen, and I've seen a bunch, just nothing that compares to this.
 What Brain has incorporated into his riser insures a positive, reapeatable grip 100% of the time. I don't see how it would be possible to not get the same grip each and every shot.
Other bowyers may be sculpting their risers the same way, but I haven't seen it, if they are.

This bow is built like a Sherman tank, looks and feels to be bullet and bomb proof....It's all there guys. I hear people calling bows a HER, or a SHE....this bow ain't no her, and it ain't no  she....it's all man, from tip to tip !!

I've owned a ton of bows through the years, and Brian's bows are the real deal. The bow is as nice, well built, and offers as much, if not more top notch craftsmanship than any bow I have ever seen.

I don't own a chrony, so I can't give data on speed, but it will hold it's own with any recurve out there.

It shoots great, looks great, points dead on, more stable than you can imagine, and all at a working man's price, then throw in how easy Brian is to work with....well....you guys had better hurry if you're thinking on buying one.
I have a feeling the end of the waiting line is waaaaay on back there already.

Yeah....I like my bow, and I like the guy that built it.

Billy

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: October 15, 2009, 09:20:00 PM »
Billy,

I own a chronograph and it says my 55# @ 28" TallTines is 10-11 fps faster with 540 and 650g arrows than a few other top end bows I have at the same weight...

Glad you like your new bow; looking forward to the trophy pics.

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: October 15, 2009, 09:22:00 PM »
Sooo Billy, I get the feeling that you like it!!  LOL

At least you got it in my draw weight range.  :bigsmyl:  

That is one awesome looking bow. Hopefully I'll be able to shoot one someday.

Congrats!

Offline billy shipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: October 15, 2009, 09:39:00 PM »
Hi Allen

I can't begin to tell you the LITTLE differences in this bow, so I'm not even going to try.

You would have to hold it, feel the grip, which is totally unlike anything I have ever shot, then shoot it to know what I'm talking about.

This bow is so unlike anything you or I are accustomed to shooting.

It took me a few shots to adjust to grip, but when I did....well....it's just one that you hate to lay down....I shot the bow all day long, and still hated to see it get dark on me. If the moon was still full, I'd probably still be shooting LOL

Offline doubleo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: October 15, 2009, 10:04:00 PM »
Sooo many bows Sooo little time. Sounds and looks like a great bow Billy. Those King wood vaneers are awesome.
Wisconsin Traditional Archers Member

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: October 16, 2009, 06:13:00 AM »
Billy, my wife isn't going to be happy about this.  :goldtooth:

Offline Michael Arnette

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: October 16, 2009, 02:50:00 PM »
Brian is still working on my new limbs. The carbon backing didn't work out so the new limbs will be wood. He said they should be done next week sometime. I'll post some more when I get them after I get back from my business trip.

http://s792.photobucket.com/albums/yy206/cottonwood88/?action=view¤t=bow.jpg    

http://i792.photobucket.com/albums/yy206/cottonwood88/bow.jpg

Offline Tim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: October 16, 2009, 07:58:00 PM »
Darn Lefties are taking over the thread!  :biglaugh:

Offline buckster

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: October 16, 2009, 10:43:00 PM »
Tim,

By the time Brian gets to me, he's gonna be a lefty riser-making wizard!  :thumbsup:
"Carpe Carp" ... Seize the fish.

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: October 17, 2009, 04:51:00 PM »
I just added a page to the site with wood combos on it. This will be updated regularly.

http://www.talltinesarchery.com/combos.html
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: October 17, 2009, 10:43:00 PM »
I was out at Rosewood Archery today picking out the choicest pieces of wood to take out for Brian to pick over this week.  My vehicle is full of Cocobolo, Zircote, Pau Ferro, and Osage.  If I were thinking about ordering a TallTines right now, I'd get one with some Cocobolo in it...trust me   ;)

Offline buckster

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: October 17, 2009, 10:57:00 PM »
Here's what I ordered:

60" 51@28"  Cocobolo riser, Santos Rosewood veneers over bamboo.  Do ya'll think that this will be a nice looking bow.  That Zircote is quite snazzy fo sure!

Alan, my wife is about ready to slap the snot outta me, I'm up to WAY TOO MANY bows, but I just couldn't stop myself from ordering one of Brian's masterpieces.  :archer:
"Carpe Carp" ... Seize the fish.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©