3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: lost my job today  (Read 764 times)

Offline Gordy

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: lost my job today
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2009, 08:58:00 PM »
So sorry to hear.  Hope you can use your time away in the wild to listen to the quiet and see what it brings you.   ;)  

Keep yer chin up.... better things on the way !
   :thumbsup:
In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Offline hvyhitter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2009, 10:02:00 PM »
I lost mine the week before Labor day and more than likely wont be back to work till after the New Year. Have most my bills paid and unemployment covers the rest, figure it was God giving me a long vacation to hunt this year.
Bowhunting is "KILL and EAT" not "Catch and Release".....Semper Fi!

Offline High Knob

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2009, 10:29:00 PM »
I had my best season after getting sacked a few years back. Take the good with the bad - there will always be both. Wise move going afield.

Keep the faith brother.

Offline Dave Bulla

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2009, 05:00:00 PM »
I'm sorry to hear that.  I lost mine May 1st this past summer.  Didn't get back to work till the last day of August.  It's tough but the job I have now is a better place to work than the one I lost and I'm still on the list for an even better one.  Hopefully, you'll be as lucky.

If nothing else, ya might learn what it feels like to actually hunt for food   :eek:   Kinda puts a little more emphasis on gettin' it done.
Dave

I've come to believe that the keys to shooting well for me are good form, trusting the bow to do all the work, and having the confidence in the bow and myself to remain motionless and relaxed at release until the arrow hits the mark.

Offline buckster

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2009, 05:09:00 PM »
JOJADER gives a great perspective.  Keep the faith and I will add you to my prayers!
"Carpe Carp" ... Seize the fish.

Offline HATCHCHASER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2009, 06:06:00 PM »
Sorry to hear that.  Good luck with the pigs.  I know the feeling.  I've been in VA since Feb working.  Got a house in GA that just won't sell.  I'm here living in an apartment with my family coming back and forth.  But with all of that said I am thankfull to be able to provide for my family.  Keep your chin up and it will all work itself out.  :campfire:
It's not the arrival, it's the journey.

Offline GRINCH

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2009, 06:08:00 PM »
Enjoy the hunt
TGMM Family of The Bow,
USN 1973-1995

Offline steadman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2009, 08:41:00 PM »
Sorry to hear that. Good luck on the hunt, let the air out of a hog, it will make you feel a bit better. All of us in the construction industry feel you rpain. Its a week to week thing. Good luck to ya!!
" Just concentrate and don't freak out next time" my son Tyler(age 7) giving advise after watching me miss a big mulie.

Offline bowhunterfrompast

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2009, 12:04:00 AM »
Enjoy the hunt..I finally quit fighting it and retired.

Like Biggie, I was laid off a few years ago. Had to cut my hunt short because I got a call to go back to work. Things have a way of working out.
Rick Wakeman
UBM Lifetime Member
American Broadhead Collectors Club

Offline frank bullitt

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2009, 01:10:00 AM »
Kasey, Ray may have something for you, besides a hunt! He recently posted about finding needs from other tradgangers on another post. Talked to him, it might be fruitfull.Have a great hunt. good shootin, Steve

Offline Jerry Wald

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2009, 02:20:00 AM »
SOmething will show up. That is the reason I always build residual income. Some of my friends think I am crazy, but then something happens to their income and they come calling wondering what they can do. Jobs are great and we need them to keep afloat, but a person has to look for something to give yourself another stream of income.

It is a long term plan, but it's better than nothing.

hope you can find something soon and if you need a hand or some cash don't be afraid to pm me....I have some put away for emergencies and I can spare some if you really need it. Call it an early xmas present and you won't have to pay it back ok.

Your canadian friend in the north.

Jer Bear

Offline Altiman94

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2009, 12:53:00 PM »
Good luck to you hunting and finding a new job.  At least it is during hunting season and not the dead of the winter or summer.  You will find new work for sure, things have a way of working out.
>>>--------->

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2009, 02:30:00 PM »
It's going around. My wife lost hers 2 months ago, and mine being 100% automotive (Detroit) I may as well be on unemployment. With 2 boys in college we are taking a beating.

Keep your chin up, keep moving forward, it's all you can do.

Offline Jerry Wald

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2009, 03:18:00 PM »

Offline Mr.Vic

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2009, 05:21:00 PM »
I agree on the work ethic's of some Americans and we have grown soft.  But Man instead of being compassionate about those who lost their jobs, is it easier for some to say they could always get work if they really WANTED to work? Are we Traditional Archer's any better than the rest of the critics who condemn people for doing the best they know how to survive. Most on here are better!   Let him without problems cast forward the first arrow.
“I am glad I will not be young in a future without wilderness.”
― Aldo Leopold

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2009, 05:28:00 PM »
Jerry, "keep your chin up" and "move forward" are American for don't quit and keep working hard. I don't think you disagree with me at all.

Offline Scrub_buck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2009, 07:18:00 PM »
Don't feel bad ... I have been out of work for a year now.  I'll second the college degree crap ... I have 2 degrees and am still and swimming in circles.

My wife is an engineer and is keeping us from loosing our house.  Its a double edged sword though.  I thank God every day for her and her great job, but at the same time its because of her that I cannot relocate to find suitable empoyment for myself.  Chew on that quandry for a while and if you come up with a solution, please feel free to let me in on the secret.

Offline kasey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2009, 07:38:00 PM »
i am a hard worker and i would never ask my mom and dad for money.i just dont have any money saved because i was living pay check to pay check so that will be hard but ill get back on my feet i am sure ill get a job befor long.

Offline Jerry Wald

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2009, 09:49:00 PM »
I was compassionate if you read my prior post ok. I offeredto help out monitarily too. I also have some answers.

Anyway gotta run...4 cords of wood to buck up

Jer Bear

Offline kasey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2009, 09:51:00 PM »
thank you for you offer but i could never take money from anyone with out working for it.you strong words will keep me going

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©