3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: got a ugly bow in a trade today  (Read 311 times)

Offline Jake Fr

• Trad Bowhunter
got a ugly bow in a trade today
« on: October 08, 2009, 02:56:00 PM »
to day i traded a buddy some junk for a Browning Nomad stalker 1. it's in rough shape and needs some TLC. My question is does any one no anything about them it is 50#@28and 52" long. I am going to refinsh it and see how she turns out. Hopefully all goes well. If any one knows any thing about them i would realy like to here there point of veiw   :archer:

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: got a ugly bow in a trade today
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 07:33:00 PM »
I've had a few Brownings and they were all fine bows. I'm sure you will be happy with it when you get done refinishing it.
"Always feel the wind, and walk just like the leaves".  ("LongBow Country"--Chad Slagle, "High, Wild, and Free").

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 08:31:00 PM »
My first bow was a Nomad Stalker, 1967. I killed more frogs with that bow. Mine was a 40#'er, they were good bows and in fact, still are!!!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Jake Fr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009, 10:20:00 PM »
i think i am realy going to enjoy it once i get her finished i got her all sanded down and restained and getting ready to do some finish stuff tomarrow i'll try and put up some pics this weekend once i build a string for it

Offline kung fu kid

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2009, 11:30:00 AM »
Hi Jake,  I have an old Pearson t/d bow that  needs refinishing.  How do you know how much sanding to do on the limbs?  Is it easy to tell when the finish is off and I'm down to the bare glass?  Never done this kind of project before, but now want to give it a try.  Thanks.  Do post a pix of yours when finished.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©