3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Versus: The Buck Stops Here/Trad hunt  (Read 990 times)

Offline Longbowwally

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Versus: The Buck Stops Here/Trad hunt
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2010, 08:28:00 PM »
Here's a link to the video for the hunt being discussed here. Luke you made us trad guys proud!

Long Live the Longbow
LONG LIVE THE LONGBOW!

Wally Holmes

Offline hawk22

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2010, 10:57:00 PM »
hey luke, what kind of quiver is on your bow?

Offline Longbow Jake

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2010, 11:31:00 PM »
Im glad you posted Luke I to love your plaids and hat really good show got on the dvr just watched it last night and came across this thread and said to myself I wonderd if you were on here anyway good job man.  :clapper:  
Jake
Death Before Dinner.  God is my camera man.   I Love Motorcycles and I Love Bow Hunting But I don't Mix The two I don't put wheels on my Bows

Offline Milk River Stickman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2010, 03:50:00 AM »
Shick-your bow IS lonely for you, so I guess so.  still haven't checked those pics on that thread yet...next up

Thanks Wally and Jake, appreciate that.

Hawk22...My uncle used to make those quivers back in the 90's...tough to find now and he doesn't do it anymore (except for his favorite nephew, ha ha).  I found one on **** a while back and bought it even.  It amazes me how many emails I get about that quiver.  It truly is a magnificent design: easy on off, gentle on the bow, and quiet...and looks good.  He got disgusted with the big name quiver dudes trying to copy his and stuff and quit doing it.  I am trying to talk him into doing it again.  Thanks for asking.

Offline Chris Shelton

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2010, 12:18:00 PM »
longbowwally, thanks a ton.  

Luke, awesome, the one thing I like about a longbow over a recurve is that there is no string slap.  When you shot is sounded like someone thumped a carpet or something lol.  It was really quiet.  Good shot, and a great deer!
~Chris Shelton
"By failing to prepare you are preparing to fail"~Ben Franklin

Offline elknutz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2010, 01:27:00 PM »
Luke well done! I appreciate the way you reacted after the shot.  Quiet thankfulness and appreciation of the moment speaks volumes to me. I fear chest pounding and the like is not helping our image.  Again, well done.
"There is no excellence in archery without great labor" - Maurice Thompson
"I avoid anything that make my dogs gag" - Dusty Nethery

Offline Milk River Stickman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2010, 03:33:00 PM »
I like the carpet thud of a longbow too, Chris...one definately notices no slap.  Its is a very cool sound that only our "gangs" can appreciate I think.  
Thanks elknutz!  I agree with you fully about the reactions we are seeing after the shot...if it is natural, then hey, knock yourself out...problem is we see the same guys time after time trying to act like they are "pumped" or whatever and it is crap...the "treestand orgasms" are ridiculous and don't shine well on us....agreed.  I purposely try not to act that way, thanks for noticing.  smalls steps i guess.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©