3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: STRINGMAKERS: HELP!!! Bad string or twisted limbs?  (Read 368 times)

Offline frank bullitt

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: STRINGMAKERS: HELP!!! Bad string or twisted limbs?
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2009, 11:16:00 PM »
Here is my thought on strings, in paticular, an endless loop. When finishing the neck of the loop. Alot of the strings have a big knot, where the end of the loop is staggered, and served over. I like to but the ends even and then serve. If you look at alot of the older endless strings, there is a big lump where the ends are staggered. This can ride out of the limb groove, and could possibly cause the limb to sway to one side.  Good shootin, Steve

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2009, 07:37:00 AM »
endless loop strings as mentioned by Frank can and do end up with a large bulge or twist under the loop serveing normaly.They can sometimes miss or slip from one side of the string groove.Making a clicking or popping sound when your string slides back into the string groove upon arrow release.That alone I do not think is causing all your problems however I would for sure check the string while the bow is braced and see if its to one side or the other of the groove ? if so it may very well not be a bow problem but a to tightly twisted endless loop string.Endless loop string should not have no more then about 6-8 twists in the string.Unlike a flemish which can have up to 70 twists.Would you happen to have a couple pics of the strung up bow we could get a look at ? bd

Online Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2009, 08:15:00 AM »
if spun correctly, and endless loop string will have a very smooth, slim taper from the loop to the loop serving.  this is true for both unpadded and padded endless loops.  

endless strings should have as many twists as necessary to 'round off' the body of the string and/or to adjust the string length in order to adjust the brace height.  it's perfectly acceptable for an endless string to have as many body twists as needed, and that might be as many as a few dozen - next time, just spin the string length shorter to eliminate those added body twists.

IAM ~ The only government I trust is my .45-70 ... and my 1911.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©