3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Grizzly Sticks questions. Help.  (Read 406 times)

Offline BobCo 1965

• Trad Bowhunter
Grizzly Sticks questions. Help.
« on: April 05, 2007, 09:51:00 AM »
For the guys that are shooting grizzly sticks at 3d targets, how easy do the pull out? Do you loose many inserts? Does one sized arrow really cover the spectrum of bow weights from 50 to 80#s. I have bows that shoot pretty much the entire range and would love to shoot just one arrow out of all of them.

I'm thinking of buying a few to try out. But have had trouble in the past with carbon arrows. But then again it was about 10 years ago.

Thanks,
Bob

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Grizzly Sticks questions. Help.
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 09:53:00 AM »
You can lubricate any arrow with several different things to make getting out easier. As far as using on bows of different weights, you will most likely need to change tips for it to work. They work well out of my 54-60 at my draw bows(30"), but they are some pretty efficient bows also(fast).
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline bjk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 09:59:00 AM »
I shot them in the past and they glued themselves to 3d's...OK hunting shafts, but not a good shaft for a bunch of 3d shooting...imo

What fun is having only one arrow?  ;)

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2007, 10:11:00 AM »
I've only shot them once, and liked them, but right now I can't justify the price for the type hunting/shooting I do.  Didn't have any problem pulling them from the target we were using.

I shoot 3-D with a [email protected] bow, and some targets can be a bugger.  I used to get cussed on a regular basis if I wasn't pulling the arrows.  Now I carry a small bar of soap (best ones at the motel type--last a long time, don't take up much room).  A few swipes is good for 3 or 4 shots--makes pulling any arrow a lot easier.  One fellow in our group earlier this year was shooting tiny carbons from a heavy bow--his arrows were harder to pull than mine.  The soap make it a LOT easier.  

Real cheap, works great.

Almost forgot--have to give credit for the idea to Mark Livingston--he told me about it.

Chad

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©