3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: I am not seeing anything?  (Read 613 times)

Offline yekrut

• Trad Bowhunter
I am not seeing anything?
« on: October 12, 2009, 09:14:00 PM »
I am out in my stand 2 to 3 times a week and so far have only saw one buck? Now last year I was seeing deer on a daily basis almost, is something diffrent around here with the animails?? Not sure whats going on. I am on public land but not seeing many hunters this year, so that should be a good thing! But was planing on or I meand hopeing for a chance to shoot a deer this year, Its getting cold here and there was snow last night, but no deer! help  :confused:
There are many good moccasin tracks along the trail of a straight arrow: ( fox )

Offline Mo. Huntin

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: I am not seeing anything?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 09:16:00 PM »
If your not seeing anything you better move bud.

Offline yekrut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2009, 09:22:00 PM »
Yeah I kinda thought about that, umm I just need some time to put up another stand. Once it gets closer to rut time My current location might not be to bad! I realize I am not on a food travel path , but I am in a draw were they like to move up and down it frequentley! funnel type spot. But yeah I do need to move, thanks
There are many good moccasin tracks along the trail of a straight arrow: ( fox )

Online Tim Finley

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2009, 09:26:00 PM »
WE are having the same problem  in ND, my trail cameras show almost all movment after dark, even with many of the does. I have pictures of some great bucks but all in the dark. Im scratching my head also. My son Damon has shot the only deer a 5x6 dandy.....Tim

Offline Mo. Huntin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2009, 09:30:00 PM »
I wish you could get you some kind of a stand that is light weight and some kind of good climbing sticks.  I just hate to see somebody tied to a certain tree. It is a pain to carry your stand and sticks in everytime, even if it is only 19 pounds.  The freedom you get with a good mobile system is worth a lot to me.  Good luck bud.

Offline yekrut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2009, 09:47:00 PM »
I do have acsess to a db blind but do not want to lug t all over the woods. I might just hunt off the ground, with naturel cover. But would rather be up in a tree...

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2009, 09:49:00 PM »
Perhaps the main food source this year has changed. Find out what they are eating this year and you'll find the deer.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline yekrut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2009, 10:20:00 PM »
Ok, will do. I belive its corn, but its a private field and I am public , there is 3 corn fields on the public, but they won't eat that corn because there is to much human activity down that way. I am just north of one of the corn fields. But nothing moving between me and it. Thanks though

Offline Bowferd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2009, 11:06:00 PM »
yekrut, C'mon down to NE. I coulda taken 5 on my morning trip across the gravel roads to work this morning, without even having to pull a string. They are a movin.
I can hit em with a 3/4 ton van or pickup, just havin trouble with the bow.
Been There, Done That, Still Plowin.
Cane and Magnolia tend to make good arrow.
Hike naked in the backwoods.

Offline snufer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2009, 09:58:00 AM »
In our area when the acorns start to fall, that is where the deer wil be. When the acorns are gone, the deer return to their regular food source.

Offline straitera

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2009, 10:40:00 AM »
Look for fresh sign & food sources. If so, you just need to get to the right spot.
Buddy Bell

Trad is 60% mental & about 40% mental.

Offline Jake Fr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2009, 01:29:00 PM »
the moon has alot to do with i think you may just need to go on a walk and do some lookin i know where i hunt they change every year it seems and it helps when harvest is over

Offline yekrut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2009, 07:40:00 PM »
Yeah the farmers need to get the corn out but have not been able to because of the weather, I think it will help.I'll keep trying, I do not give up very often at anything I do. Thanks

Offline stiknstringer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2009, 07:45:00 PM »
Maybe you are overhunting the area.I like to have several different setups so that the deer can't figure out where I am.Just a thought.  :)

Offline yekrut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2009, 10:09:00 PM »
I hunt this area maybee 2 times per week sometimes 3 it depends? it is public land so there are always people out there doing something?

Offline Kevin Bahr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2009, 10:15:00 AM »
Yek, I'm not an expert by any description.  I think one thing that is hurting you is standing corn.  Around here the deer use it just like another patch of timber, staying in it nearly all day and night.  Also, our deer sighting taper off for a week or so about this time in October each year.  The deer are still there, just maybe not moving too well yet.  They will, because they have to, eventually.  You just gotta be there when they do.

Offline yekrut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2009, 05:22:00 PM »
Yeah, I think you are right they goota be around because I am finding rubs and stuff! As of today the corn is still standing... Thanks

Offline jonsimoneau

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2009, 08:24:00 PM »
I hear you man.  I have not seen even one single deer this season.

Offline Fletcher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2009, 08:55:00 PM »
I'm not seeing much in the woods up here, either.  I'm seriously thinking about taking a sneak thru the corn.  Once the corn is picked, if it ever dries up enuf for that to happen, I think things will get back to "normal".
Good judgement comes from experience.  Experience comes from bad judgement.

"The next best thing to playing and winning is playing and losing."

"An archer doesn't have to be a bowhunter, but a bowhunter should be an archer."

Offline GingivitisKahn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2009, 09:36:00 PM »
I've been seeing them a bit this year while I'm sitting but seeing *lots* more while still-hunting.  Spotted a doe last night and got to within about 30 yards of her (soooo close) when the wind shifted about 180 degrees and busted me.

They're there.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©