3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: I am not seeing anything?  (Read 612 times)

Offline Earl E. Nov...mber

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: I am not seeing anything?
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2009, 07:37:00 AM »
Not to worry,,, It's October.. There are a lot of theories as to why and a few who claim to hold the key to the mystery, but alas no one has been able to unlock the box with any regularity..

From about Oct 5 to 25, deer just plain and simple are in some form of transition stage, between summer feeding and rut. Research it any way you want, but deer sightings and hunting opportunities are about 10% of what they will be in a couple of weeks.

Best advise I can give you is be very careful and hunt near good bedding cover. If you have oaks in your area, check them out, the acorns are a preferred food source when and where available this time of year.
Many have died for my freedom.
One has died for my soul.

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2009, 07:46:00 AM »
I could not have said it any better Earl. Although some will have some really good sittings, the "October Lull" is(and always is) in effect around this time. Bucks are feeding and sleeping getting ready for the rut. And the does, are just being does. I love the first 10 days of the season and then don't get real excited until the gobblins come out around Halloween. Then it's on! So don't get discouraged this time of year if your not seeing much. Better things are just around the corner.
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying"

Proud shareholder of MK,LLC

Offline Danny Roberts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2009, 08:03:00 AM »
Same here in my neck of the Bluegrass. Acorns in places, with no deer. The bluetongue hit us a lot harder than they're lettin' on, I believe. I've been huntin' on the family farm and one local WMA. I've seen a few tracks and nothing living.

Offline Tom Leemans

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2009, 09:08:00 AM »
I was wondering the same thing as Vermonster. Deer move away for very few reasons. Food has changed or moved, habitat has changed, too much hunting pressure.
Got wood? - Tom

Offline wollelybugger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2009, 09:12:00 AM »
I have been hunting in the early afternoon around thickets with oak trees. The deer have been coming out feeding in the early afternoon along with turkeys,  and squirrels. Try a afternoon hunt and see what happens.

Offline yekrut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2009, 01:08:00 PM »
I have been going out in the afternoon and mornings both. I Guess I'll have to keep on trying , there are a few oaks in the area I hunt, but all the other people that hunt out there have stands set near them, I do not like to hunt where some one elses stand is located. Mine however is in on one of the main travel areas, Phesant season opens this week ene , I have to work but will go out in the afternoon, hopefully they stir some up for me!!
There are many good moccasin tracks along the trail of a straight arrow: ( fox )

Offline swampdrummer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2009, 07:09:00 PM »
Had the same thing happen to me way down here in south Florida. Last 8 days of archery season I didn't see  anything. Not even a flicker. That was hunting about 3 hours in the evening during the week and all day on the weekend days.
I pulled out  and about gave up but went and checked my game camera tonight and had 40 something pictures in 3 days. Including one decent buck at 9 am this morning. I know where I'll be come saturday!
Back Tension BEFORE Back Strap !

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©