3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: New York Its Coming!  (Read 468 times)

Offline 2Blade

• Trad Bowhunter
New York Its Coming!
« on: October 15, 2009, 08:48:00 AM »
48 hours ladies and gentleman until we can prowl the timber with trad bows (some of you already are!) My blinds are all built bows are shooting perfect broadheads are sharp im ready for my first trad deer.

Their talking a possible severe snow storm in my area Friday night through Saturday. The way the temps have been I honestly wouldnt be surprised. I think this year is going to be good....SOOO who else is ready? I cant take it   :help:     :help:    :help:
The Stuttering Bowhunter

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: New York Its Coming!
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 08:58:00 AM »
Pick a spot and good luck!!!!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Canyon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 09:08:00 AM »
Visiting my son at Fort Drum and we are headed out this afternoon to see if the NY deer will cooperate. Saw several does and a buck out yesterday afternoon early. Hope the cold temps keep them moving. Good Luck
A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight;nothing he cares about more than his own personal safety;is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free,unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

Offline 2Blade

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2009, 11:29:00 AM »
Good luck guys. Please chime in Canyon if you guys get one. I really cant believe how cold it is already but not complaining. I remember in 07 it was 65 out didnt see squat for deer.
The Stuttering Bowhunter

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2009, 11:39:00 AM »
Yeah it is cold! Seems early this year. I will be out Sat. Might be fishing for salmon on Sunday, dont know yet.

Good luck to all of you.
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2009, 12:51:00 PM »
And let's be careful out there......

Online 1/4 away

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2009, 01:01:00 PM »
I'm ready but it looks like its going to be a wet & cold opener here.
Do not follow where the path may lead.  Go, instead, where there is no path and leave a trail.

Offline 2Blade

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2009, 01:34:00 PM »
Has been snowing here for about an hour nothing major yet though. I did however just find 2 fresh scrapes while out moving a stand. I know it should have been done a long time ago but with work just hadnt had time. But the scrapes excited me I just may do some calling first day.
The Stuttering Bowhunter

Offline Tdog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2009, 03:23:00 PM »
It started snowing here around 2:00pm I put a new stand in this morning I'm sure it will be ok with the rain and snow coming. Hope to hunt it sat afternoon.I was up at camp yesterday putting a new/used woodstve in cause the other one craped out. The peaks of Lewey and Snowy Mt where covered. I should have justed stayed up there for the night and hunted this morning up there..

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2009, 03:34:00 PM »
"Ready" or Not.....  :rolleyes:   HERE I COME!!!!!!!!!!   :bigsmyl:    :archer:    :pray:

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline 2Blade

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2009, 05:36:00 PM »
Yup wet snow for the last 4 hours or so still going strong. Glad everything is wet hopefully will get my scent out of the area. Just got my new tabs in the mail today from 3Rivers Archery just in time.

I dont blame ya with the stove. Now only if they could make one for treestands...
The Stuttering Bowhunter

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2009, 06:01:00 PM »
Hunting is gonna be real good "after this storm"......

... mike ...
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline high mountain

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2009, 06:03:00 PM »
Im ready..looking forward to another year with the recurve. Shooting better than ever...my sharpening skills are getting good...and its been cold.
Actually hopin for a little snow.

Hunting Sat bow opener in the south..then Im headed North to the Adirondacks for some muzzleloading fun on sunday.

Man...I LOVE this time of year!

Offline horatio1226

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2009, 06:06:00 PM »
I used to hate the cold until I started hunting with my bow. I am sooooo ready. My 9 year old son is coming with me. He is as excited as me.
Doesn't get any better!

Good luck everyone!!!
"So long as the moon returns to the heavens in a bent, beautiful arc, so long will the fascination with archery in man lasts."

Offline No-sage

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2009, 07:15:00 PM »
Mom says it's snowing at her place in Rensselaerville right now.

I've been looking forward to this season for a long time.  I've got a couple of new spots to hunt and more old spots than I'll probably have time to get to.

I didn't get to the Adirondaks yet, but during my Nov. vacation I plan on spending a good bit of time wandering.  The nice thing about hunting up there is that I can walk all day and never see a posted sign.

Good luck to everyone and hunt safe.

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2009, 07:41:00 PM »
Cool temps should make it nice, I have seen a lot of deer movement over the past week. Now that most of the corn is off I can see a little better. Good luck all   :readit:
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline Canyon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2009, 08:00:00 PM »
Well as mentioned above I came to NY to see my son after he returned from his tour in Iraq. This afternoon we went to spend some time in the woods on post and while he sat a stand in a funnel between a river and swamp I took a walk to see the sights downriver. Of course this year I opted not to buy a tag and had a huge doe offer herself up at a slam dunk 10 yards. I fake drew on her a few times. The boy had a few pass by his stand but out of range. No snow but it sure got cold.
A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight;nothing he cares about more than his own personal safety;is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free,unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

Offline 2Blade

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2009, 08:21:00 PM »
Canyon sounds like a good hunt to me least you got close to one. Snow is sticking on the trucks but not the ground yet I think if it does probably wont stay very long.

I got my pack all ready im not sure if going to hunt the conifers swamp or hardwoods first day. I guess only the wind will tell im really hoping for a turkey or predator to pass by. The fox really put the hurt to our chicken population. Killed 26 chickens over the summer I know where they travel so hopefully I can get one with my bow and make a quiver.
The Stuttering Bowhunter

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2009, 08:41:00 PM »
I am ready.  I hope to sit all day.  with these cold temps these deer should be feeding all day long on acorns and such.

If it starts raining I will huddle up in a little ball wherever i can find cover and take a nap.  I hope I am ready for the cold.  I am certainly ready for a 1st trad kill.

Charlie
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2009, 09:22:00 PM »
Charlie, your not going to get my Mikuta wet are you...lol./ focus and pick a spot!!!!!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©