3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Rubber boot recommendations?  (Read 599 times)

Offline robtattoo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Rubber boot recommendations?
« on: October 16, 2009, 12:06:00 AM »
Well, after my first ever float-in hunt for Alabama whitetails (Was anyone else dumb enough to go out in that this morning, or just me & Don? Seriously, it was like the sea tried to reclaim the land by air-drop!) I've tactically decided I need some warm, waterproof, rubber knee boots.

Problem is, I have cellulitis in my right leg & struggle getting my fat, ugly, swollen hoof into a long boot.

Can anyone recommed a zip-sided boot in either rubber or neoprene, with a decent amount of insulation (100gm....ish) that won't need me to sell my truck to buy?

I was thinking of around $80 max.
"I came into this world, kicking, screaming & covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem going out the same way"

PBS & TBT Member

>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Rubber boot recommendations?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 01:55:00 AM »
Lacrosse has an 800 gram rubber boot that expands at the top for ease of getting your foot into then buckles up.
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying"

Proud shareholder of MK,LLC

Offline ethan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 07:26:00 AM »
Hey Rob,  I use the 800gr lacrosse when it gets cold but it is a longer boot.  David talked me into getting some "xtra-tuff" boots and I absolutely love them.  They are the most comfortable rubber boots I've ever worn, by far, and they are very lite.  They make an insulated boot, they're not real long, and I think I paid about $77. with shipping.

By the way, I don't want to judge, but be careful hanging around that Don guy!  He's trouble!!  :p

Offline Yellow Dog

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009, 07:29:00 AM »
Muck Edgewaters with a good wool sock.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline bretto

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2009, 07:52:00 AM »
Lacrosse 3 buckles or if You have a Tractor Supply near You they sell a brand called Service. With the buckles You can adjust the top of the boot to fit Your leg.

The Lacrosse boots are ankle fit and are better for long hikes. I like the Service boots better Myself they're not as tight and I think I get better circulation in My lower legs while wearing them.

Offline pine nut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2009, 07:53:00 AM »
Muck boots easiest on and off I've ever owned!

Offline BRONZ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2009, 10:36:00 AM »
More importantly, how are you treating your cellulitis?  Are you experiencing lymphedema symptoms as well?
"He trains my hands for battle; my arms can bend a bow of bronze."
2 Samuel 22:35

Wheatland Christian Bowhunters--Chairman

Offline mscampbell75

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2009, 10:37:00 AM »
Lacrosse, alpha burly
Psalm 86:11   Teach me thy way, O LORD; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name.

Black Creek Banshee T/D  49#@28
Iron Mountain R/D Longbow  53#@28
70's Bear Kodiak Hunter 45#@28

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2009, 11:17:00 AM »
No zipper but I just got a pair of the Lacrosse Alpha Lites. Love them. They are around $100 though. Try searching for them on the big bid site. Real easy to get on and off and fit snug around ankle. Don't skimp on a bow, arrows, broadheads or boots.

http://www.lacrossefootwear.com/product/hunting+boots/rubber+boots/alpha+lite%26trade-+pull+on+mossy+oak%26reg-+duck+blind%26reg-+16%22+hunting+boots.do
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline robtattoo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2009, 11:19:00 AM »
Originally posted by BRONZ:
More importantly, how are you treating your cellulitis?  Are you experiencing lymphedema symptoms as well?
Well, when I have a flare-up I go onto massive antibiotic doses (not that they do any good whatsoever)
Unfortunately I've had it that long (going on 7 years now) that I'm kinda stuck with the lymphedema. My lymphatic system is totally kaput in my right leg & will no longer drain correctly so I'm left with one leg, below the knee, much fatter than the other.

Just as a footnote (pun intended) If any of you suffer with Athlete's Foot, please, please treat it! I didn't take it seriously & now I'm stuck like this. Lower leg cellulitis is mainly cased by untreated athlete's foot allowing bacteria to enter your system. Keep yer feet dry & clean!
"I came into this world, kicking, screaming & covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem going out the same way"

PBS & TBT Member

>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Offline amicus

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2009, 11:42:00 AM »
Lacrosse is a very good boot. But I think that it is designed with a tight fit or close fit to the ankle. Might be a problem taken them off. Just something to consider. I might be getting mixed up with another brand but I think its Lacrosse.

Gilbert
The blessing of the Lord, it maketh rich and He addeth no sorrow with it. Prov 10;22

A sinner saved by Grace.

Offline goblism

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2009, 11:49:00 AM »
buy some mucks artic sports off of ****... a little higher than $80 (a hair under $100) but you WILL NOT be disjointedness.

The lacrosse boots are no where near as good as the mucks...trust me on this one.

Offline Warden609

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2009, 11:49:00 AM »
Muck boots are worth a good look.

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2009, 12:24:00 PM »
Originally posted by amicus:
Lacrosse is a very good boot. But I think that it is designed with a tight fit or close fit to the ankle. Might be a problem taken them off. Just something to consider. I might be getting mixed up with another brand but I think its Lacrosse.

Gilbert
Amicus, the old Lacross's were that way but the new ones you can slip off by simply putting your other toe on the back of the heel and they slip right off. Don't even have to touch them with your hands.
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2009, 12:31:00 PM »
My left leg is 22.5" at the calf, and my left ankle is permenantly enlarged by arthritus.  I wear a size 14 EEEE shoe.  The ONLY rubber boot I've ever found that I can wear is the MUCK boot.  

They come in several different styles, different grams of insulation, and cost right around $100 (last time I checked).  No zipper or buckles to break--the tops roll down for easy on/easy off, airing out when you are walking, etc.  My first pair lasted for years, and lots of hunting miles, before the sole fell off one.  If I can find some glue that will hold, I'll fix it and save them for a back-up pair.

I could never wear a LaCrosse--couldn't get them on due to the smaller ankle and leg.  Haven't tried the new ones, but can't see them being any better than the MUCK's.

Chad

« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2009, 12:38:00 PM »
Agree with the Muck Boot prescription--or get some Totes that fit over regular boots. Used to be a boot made by Servus (Northerner) that was made a lot wider up top but I don't know if they make them anymore.

Online dnovo

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2009, 06:02:00 PM »
I agree with the Muck boot also. I had to buy a new pairs of boots and I remembered a buddy of mine had the Muck boots. After talking with him I bought a pair several days ago and love them. For you having them roll down like they do could be a real plus.
PBS regular
UBM life member
Compton

Offline Margly

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2009, 06:19:00 PM »
I live in Norway and hunt birds, deer and moose in harsh and wet terrain. The only rubber boot that I`ve been really satisfied with is Le Chameau with neoprene and full length zipper on the outside. They are comfortable and warm for cold days. Easy to take on and off after a long day outside.
Probably a little bit more expensive then what u suggested, but really worth the money.
Margly
With a healthy dose of madness and bad memory, life`s a wonderful journey      :thumbsup:    

-----------------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline JEFF B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2009, 06:38:00 PM »
yeah bro diving boots  :thumbsup:
'' sometimes i wake up Grumpy;
other times i let her sleep"

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Offline sdpeb1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2009, 07:03:00 PM »
I don't know if anyone makes a zippered rubber boot. I think it would be a great idea. I know they have waterproof zippers on dry suits, why not rubber boots- Steve

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©