3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Removable uni bushing?  (Read 333 times)

Online bswear

• Trad Bowhunter
Removable uni bushing?
« on: October 16, 2009, 11:12:00 AM »
Any recommendations for installing unibushing to carbon so they could be removed later?  I am going to g-nocks(Bohning F actually) and don't want the bushings to come out, but might want to go back to glue on nocks later.

Offline Dave Worden

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Removable uni bushing?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 03:40:00 PM »
I'm flat-out guessing as I use alum or wood.  Try hot melt adhesive.  You can remove it later if you apply just enough heat to soften the adhesive without hurting the shaft.
"If I was afraid of a challenge, I'd put sights on my bow!"

Offline jcar315

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 03:54:00 PM »
My limited experience with uni-bushings is with Easton alum and Carbon Express arrows. With both of these no adhesive of any type is used to keep the unibushing (or the nock) in place. They stay in place with pressure only.

Others may have other experiences but that is how it worked at my friends archery shop where I have fletched up many dozens of both types.
Proud Dad to two awesome Kids and a very passionate pig hunter.

Right handed but left eye dominant.

Proud to be a Native TEXAN!!!!!

"TGMM  Family of the Bow"

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009, 05:06:00 PM »
If you want to try them without glueing them in,I would use some saran wraps and squeeze them in.I use this method for tuning carbons,I haven't tried it on uni-bushings but it should hold it snug enough for shooting.I would be careful with hot melt,I know alot use it for tuning and I have myself before I tried the saran wrap method.But there is not a carbon arrow manufacturer that recommends use heat on their carbons.

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2009, 09:20:00 PM »
I think the unibushings and g-nocks are great. I have glue-on and push-in nocks too and they work very well too. The unibushing/g-nock combination has the best features of the glue-on and the push-in nocks. I wouldn't worry about removing the unibushings because I don't think you will ever want to remove them.

Allan
TGMM Family of the Bow

Online bswear

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2009, 11:23:00 PM »
Thanks everyone.  Think I'm going to epoxy them in and have at it!  Allen, can you elaborate on the best features of glue-on and push-in nocks?

Brent

Online bswear

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2009, 11:24:00 PM »
Thanks everyone.  Think I'm going to epoxy them in and have at it!  Allen, can you elaborate on the best features of glue-on and push-in nocks?

Brent

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©