3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Morrison Cheyenne longbow limbs  (Read 328 times)

Offline Steel

• Trad Bowhunter
Morrison Cheyenne longbow limbs
« on: October 16, 2009, 11:40:00 AM »
I ordered a set of Bob's new Cheyenne longbow limbs "A" foam core when I saw Bob was starting to make longbow limbs for the Cheyenne a few months back. Well they came in first of this week I attached them to a extra "A" Cheyenne Riser I have had sitting in my safe which made a 54" longbow.I have been shooting the new bow every evening this week it is a sweet setup and the quietest Morrison I own which they are all quiet but this one is spooky quiet. Its alittle slower around 8 fps less than my carbon/foam core recurve Cheyenne "A" limbs same draw weight but no carbon I am sure makes up for some of that. Overall I really like the limbs and have figured out the Cheyenne is my favorite of Morrisons designs. Everyone is diffferent but the "A" Cheyenne riser just fits me well and most important I shoot it really well longbow or recurve limbs. I believe I will test drive the longbow limbs this weekend from my tree stand hopefully a deer,hog, or turkey will walk by withing range!

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Morrison Cheyenne longbow limbs
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 12:27:00 PM »
I'm with you Steel, my Cheyenne is a one of two favorite bow's I've ever shot. Pondering getting some longbow limbs for mine so I'll be watching this thread to see if you update it with any new info or your finds.
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline L. E. Carroll

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 02:46:00 PM »
I have a set of Bob's New Carbon/Foam "D" length 56# @ 28" LB limbs. These, I also put on a Cheyenne "A" Riser ....having a hard time putting it down... Even catch myself holding and enjoying it while watching the TV  :scared:  Now thats bad !!!

The wife is starting to get some strange looks on her face when she notices it's getting more attention than she is... I think I heard her "Mumble" something with the word Bonfire in it.. Guess it's time to go Hide it Again  :help:    :wavey:
Tall Tines R/C
64 Kodiak
69 Super Kodiak Big River replica
56" 55$# Static Tipped Kwyk Styk
Blacktail Elite
54 dual shelf Compass Kodiak

PBS Associate Member
Traditional Bowhunters of WA.

Offline Steel

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009, 03:41:00 PM »
You should see the look on my wife's friends faces when they come over and I am shooting my bows in the house!  :eek:   One cool thing about a "A" length limbs is how many 54" three piece longbows have you seen? I love a short bow I have two 54" Shrews, Three 54" Morrisons,and a 56" ACS one piece.I was wondering how the 54" Cheyenne longbow limbs would draw and now that they are here they draw smooth to 27" for me. I think if you went to 28" draw or above you would start to see some stacking and would need "B" limbs though.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©