3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: NY southern zone  (Read 7984 times)

Offline Catskill Longbow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: NY southern zone
« Reply #140 on: November 07, 2009, 10:53:00 PM »
Hey Chuck,
Great to PM with you!  Forgot to ask you-Is Butch a trad man or a wheeler?  My son and I got out this afternoon.  I saw jack, but he got a shot on a spike, not much for blood, dark-30, so we're waiting til the AM.  Sold my Griffin this afternoon so I am set on shooting one with the K-Mag.  Still waiting for the chance. Ken

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #141 on: November 07, 2009, 11:07:00 PM »
Butch is a "wheel man" LOL!!!!! He was actualy the first one of us boys to by a compound.(I was the last holdout LOL) We all shot recurves with aluminium arrows and plastic vanes,Savora and Wasp broadheads,Drilled holes in those beautiful old bows and put Kwikee Kwuivers on them..... You get the picture!!!!!

Maybe..... being as you live closer than I do,you could snatch him from the "Dark Side".....

Hope you guys find the spike in the morning  :pray:  

(before the bears do)
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline Catskill Longbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #142 on: November 07, 2009, 11:35:00 PM »
The bears maybe, the 'yotes more likely.  

Now that I know I'll work on him (Butch).  I'll attack his masculinity and see if I can swing him.  Actually I didn't even know he was a bowhunter.

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #143 on: November 08, 2009, 09:05:00 AM »
16 trips afeild....have seen one deer!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #144 on: November 08, 2009, 09:22:00 AM »
Too warm for my blood, I can't even get excited about going out again. It will be doe time as soon as it cools off some. I feel bad for the folks that are looking for their first, this weather is no help at all.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline drewsbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #145 on: November 08, 2009, 06:53:00 PM »
Chuck , I been seein some chasing going on , its on brother.

Brian : Congrats on both deer , nice job.
  Drew
Try to be the person your dog thinks you are :0)
TGMM Family of the Bow
N.Y. Bowhunters member
BigJim 3 pc buffalo 48@28
BigJim thunderchild 55@31
BigJim thunderchild 55@32 Jim's bow

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #146 on: November 08, 2009, 07:00:00 PM »
Hunted about 3 miles from the house last evening and saw a monster 10pt...

Traveled and hour this morning to hunt down in Westchester Co. in a spot most guys would sell their truck to get to hunt, I could see at least 100yds. in every direction now that the leaves are off...sat from before 6:00am till 11:00...figured "it should be an awesome morning"...

DIDN'T SEE SQUAT!!!!!!

That's huntin'
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #147 on: November 08, 2009, 07:25:00 PM »
Was busted by a doe and fawn this morning. I think they smelled me!  I still have yet to see an antlered buck. It was a little warm today but a great day to be in the woods none the less. I had two great people to share the day's hunt as well.  I still have yet to get a deer with a bow.  I hope next weekend proves to be fruitful. Good luck with the tracking.

You know Curt, I find it funny how often that happens.  I have found great places to sit with tremendous sign and never see a deer.  Sometimes I just sit to take a rest and see deer where you would least expect them. Gotta love Huntin'!
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #148 on: November 08, 2009, 07:41:00 PM »
WHAT!!!!! Curt didn't even SEE a deer?????

Now that's GOT to be a first LOL!!!!!   ;)  

(I just guess it proves your only human)  :biglaugh:

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #149 on: November 08, 2009, 07:57:00 PM »
Congrads Hooper  :thumbsup:  

I havnt been seeing a whole bunch.Watched 3 doe move thru about 80 yrds west of me last nite around 4 and was set up closer to that edge this morning to see nothing.My neighbors kid took his first bow kill this morning that was nice and I heard from another tradganger that got a nice 7pt this morning as well so somebody is seeing some stuff
Shoot straight and have FUN!!

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #150 on: November 08, 2009, 08:15:00 PM »
I hope to see something tomorrow. My first hunt in Westchester...
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #151 on: November 08, 2009, 08:53:00 PM »
GOOD LUCK Jamie!!!!!!!!!!  :pray:

Offline Catskill Longbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #152 on: November 08, 2009, 10:44:00 PM »
We looked for Sean's (my son) deer, but no sign.  Found the broken arrow last night 40 yards from the shot.  No blood on it, no blood on the ground.  It was a bad shot, 1/4ing toward him, he's only 20 and new to archery.  I think he learned a lesson.  I told him he will probably shoot that buck during rifle season.

As for me, I had grand designs on hanging a new stand today in a different spot, but ended up tearing out a woodstove, building a new hearth, and hooking up a new stove.  Not much meat generated, but quite a bit of heat.  I can't take giving my hard earned money to the oil company.

Offline sweet old bill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #153 on: November 09, 2009, 04:27:00 AM »
But come the snow you sure will be warm. I know we added a pellet stove last year and it sure was the best thing to cut cost to the oil kings. I was out in the morning for 3 1/2 hours and not a things moving, was warm and clear with sunny skies. Still not seeing a lot of the scrapes or rubs in the area.
you should see how I use to shoot
Sand dune archers Myrtle beach SC
Senior archers of Oneonta NY

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #154 on: November 09, 2009, 09:32:00 AM »
Can't get out today but going Tuesday. Always liked the time around Veterans day, deer movement "used to be good" around this time...we'll see tommorrow!!! Hopefully Wed. also...
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline 2Blade

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #155 on: November 09, 2009, 09:54:00 AM »
What are you guys doing with this warm weather? Hunt closer to water? It stinks the weather was cold I even heard a buck snort wheeze in a brush lot. Now I think theyll rut at night but you never know maybe I need to go sit next to a creek.
The Stuttering Bowhunter

Offline IndianaBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #156 on: November 09, 2009, 11:29:00 AM »
Had a good morning this morning. My wife told me we only had a roast or two left and that I needed to get a deer. She is very specific that I'm not to shoot a big buck. I'm a very obedient husband. I actually had a nice 8 pt within 35 yards and moving my way when I shot the spike that was 15 yards away and perfectly broadside! The buck was probably a 2.5 year old and only had 6" G1s and wouldn't hit 100" total so he needed some time. He was scent checking the two does in the field this morning. My new TimberHawk Falcon T/D longbow went into automode and knocked the top of the heart off the spike. He ran down hill (of course)and died within 35 yards. He is a nice heavy deer and will be great eating. Just as I was getting ready to get down a large mature doe starting moving my way. She went to the EXACT spot where I'd just shot the buck and stood perfectly broadside while munching an apple. I thought my lovely bride will be really happy with the young buck and loves to eat a doe as well. I couldn't stop the longbow from reaching full draw and it sent an arrow just where I was looking and the double lung shot put her down within 25 feet of where the buck was laying. I had them both field dressed and in the truck before 8:15 AM and I made it to work by 9 AM. My wife was happy with the meat hunt! I still have a DMP tag and will be heading to Indiana on Thursday. I hope my longbow keeps shooting as good as it has. Has to be the bow, because I'm a lousy shot.

Offline 2Blade

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #157 on: November 09, 2009, 11:41:00 AM »
Great shooting! Way to double out congrats
The Stuttering Bowhunter

Offline Gaff

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #158 on: November 09, 2009, 11:55:00 AM »
WOW!! awesome job terry!! way to get after um!

oh and whats this nonsense about you bein a lousy shot!!!! byron ferguson has nothin on you!!

gaff
----------------->>>>>>>
Jamie

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #159 on: November 09, 2009, 12:08:00 PM »
Congrads on the double thats sweeeet!!
Shoot straight and have FUN!!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©