3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: NY southern zone  (Read 7968 times)

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: NY southern zone
« Reply #320 on: December 15, 2009, 08:50:00 PM »
Making a soup for the JLMBH Chuck? I have my Bow/BP either sex  tag, and my regular season antlered tag. I gave away my doe permits to very deserving people.
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #321 on: December 15, 2009, 08:56:00 PM »
I have tags   :readit:
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Online woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #322 on: December 15, 2009, 09:16:00 PM »
"Tag Soup" seems to be my "specialty" Jamie.....   ;)
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline Bowspirit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #323 on: December 15, 2009, 09:22:00 PM »
Boy, have I got a slew of tag recipes from over the years...
“I read somewhere of how important it is in life, not necessarily to be strong, but to feel strong. To measure yourself at least once.”
                -Alexander Supertramp

"Shoot this for me."
                -Chuck Nelson

Offline Adirondackman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #324 on: December 16, 2009, 05:58:00 AM »
Don't forget them Tags are good for the last 4 days of September in the Northern Zone. Chuck you will have to take a road trip.
"at some point technology becomes not an aid but a substitute for sportsmanship" - Aldo Leopold

Offline Sean B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #325 on: December 16, 2009, 06:49:00 AM »
Hello, I'm new to this site. I did OK this year,  I  have 2 Doe tags left.  But I don't have much time off from work.
Sean
PBS Regular Member
Comptons
NY Bowhunters Association
BW KB X
BW PCH X
BW PSR X
Robertson Tribal Styk

Offline Pegen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #326 on: December 16, 2009, 08:31:00 AM »
Originally posted by Adirondackman:
Don't forget them Tags are good for the last 4 days of September in the Northern Zone. Chuck you will have to take a road trip.
I don't understand. do you mean 09 tags are good up there in Sept in '10 ???

« Reply #327 on: December 16, 2009, 08:39:00 AM »
All tags intact at this moment. Still hopeful for the weekend.

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #328 on: December 16, 2009, 08:41:00 AM »
Pegen, yes that is right.My bud shot a 151" buck in the Dacks in late September with his Shrew this  year.Its like winning the lotto but he did it and with a stale tag even.Today I cant leave til 10:00 am but Im heading out with the Griffin.Im dropping off my Christmas gifts for the landowners but when Im done Ill be looking for deer and squirrels .They gotta be real fat from all the acorns they had this year.Im just gonna still hunt and see some country.Ive decided not to kill a doe on this property this year.

Offline hayslope

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #329 on: December 16, 2009, 07:38:00 PM »
I still have four DMPs for 3S (Westchester).  Pickins have been rather scarce lately.  Maybe some holiday hunting will be more fruitful.
TGMM Family of the Bow
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

“Only after the last tree has been cut down…the last river has been poisoned…the last fish caught, only then will you find that money cannot be eaten." - Cree Indian Prophesy

Online woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #330 on: December 16, 2009, 09:11:00 PM »
I'll be up there John, You can bet on that!!!!!  :archer:    :archer:    :archer:
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline Pegen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #331 on: December 16, 2009, 09:33:00 PM »
IZZY, thank you for the confirmation! I still have my regular season buck tag, one 3N doe tag, and two 3S doe tags left.
It ain't over yet. two weeks left ( counting Westchester)
psyched. I went for a hike on some land that is left pretty much untouched all season. I saw white tails fleeing the scene everywhere in the space of 1 and a 1/2 hour

Offline Adirondackman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #332 on: December 17, 2009, 07:27:00 AM »
Good Luck to all you guys for the last weekend. I hope to get out Sunday for my last shot with the bow this year. Then it will be time for some ice fishing.
"at some point technology becomes not an aid but a substitute for sportsmanship" - Aldo Leopold

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #333 on: December 17, 2009, 09:50:00 AM »
Yesterday was a good hunt.No deer sighted but had an awesome time chasing bunnies.No shots but I drew 3 time on a couple.Also saw 4 eagles.Looked to be 2 adults and 2 juvies, very cool.The landowner tells me he doesnt think the big 8 I saw was killed as he saw him several days ago.Im probably done for the year but I fel like I had a good season.

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #334 on: December 17, 2009, 07:58:00 PM »
I am not done yet. I have one bonus tag left! Cindy asked me what I wanted to do for my B-Day sunday and I said sit in a stand from noon until dark!! I have not hunted with the curve much this year but will carry it sunday. I have had my best year in 5 years, shooting 3 nice bucks with the bow. Sunday will be for another buck but only a nice meat deer. Does are few and far between these days. I hate to dwell on this but just read an article in outdoor life. It states without a doubt coyotes are killing deer at an alarming rate and it is only gonna get worse. I spoke to a gentlemen the other day who has hunted the same 150 acres for 30 years, he says everything where he hunts has stayed constant the last 20 years.Meaning same crops, same hunters, no new homes being built, traffic has not increased, etc. yet deer sightings are a 1/4 of what they were just 6 or 7 years ago. He says the only thing that has changed is that back than they would go all season and see maybe 1 or 2 coyotes, now someone in their party of 4 sees at least 2 or 3 everytime they go out. Please shoot everyone ya see and maybe our herds will rebound. Why eat rabbit when ya can have fresh young venison, that is what the coyotes think!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #335 on: December 17, 2009, 08:00:00 PM »
The antler tip overlay on my bow cracked at the lamination.  I may be out for a while unless Ron continues to let me borrow a bow until mine is fixed.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #336 on: December 17, 2009, 08:03:00 PM »
Charles I have bows ya can borrow if it will keep ya in the woods. PM me if ya want one and ya can run down and pick it up tomorrow. Arrow to match too!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline razorback

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #337 on: December 17, 2009, 08:07:00 PM »
I wish we still had a season up here in the northern tier. The now is too deep to chase rabbits, loose too many arrows, and it is bloody cold a the moment, -7.
Keep the wind in your face and the sun at your back.

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #338 on: December 17, 2009, 08:47:00 PM »
Charlie, you can use the Mikuta as long as you need to.I'm in no hurry to get it back.... I have a couple to shoot..lol.I would like it to warm up just a bit,5 degree wind chill sucks!!!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #339 on: December 17, 2009, 09:16:00 PM »
I saw 15 deer today, mostly does. I had a buck at 20 yards broadside but I passed on him. He had no antlers, and judging by the half dollar sized circles atop his head, I think he might be a bruiser next year.
Found out today that a neighbor got a 140" class buck. I have seen one more...

I hear you about the coyotes. I saw six this year while deer hunting. All of the scat I find is loaded with deer hair, one can only hope it is from gut piles and such.

Charlie, if none of their bows work, I have a few too...
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©